Sign in to follow this  
fezmonkey

Body Strength inexplicably dropped by more than 2 points

On 2016-11-04 I had this happen:

[23:19:05] Body strength decreased by 2.6968 to 17.3033

I can't explain why this would happen. I was mostly walking around during this time. Here is a link to my Combat, Event, and Skill logs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eddyrdh4d22wav6/logs.zip?dl=0

I don't have a premium account, and never have. My account is only a few days old.

Please advise. I'd really like my body strength to go back to 20 where it's been sitting for the past few days before this weird loss happened. Thanks.

Someone recently complained about similar skill drop from body stats while fighting, could it be that someone tweaked body stat decay ticks ?

Just got this today: 

Body strength increased by 1.6488 to 20.0001

Body Strength appears to have increased itself for no apparent reason back to 20

Happened to me too. Had a stat drop after yesterday's/today's (depending on GMT I guess?) server crash (Xanadu).

Body Strength -0,2

Mind Logic -0,4
No premium here: all stats maxed for months ([3x] red character)

I got that like a "glitch due to server crash", so I went as usual, until now, a few hours after. Was back up to 20, fought a bear with guards (won), and while checking healing-first aid skillticks I got this in the mix:
[22:11:31] Body strength decreased by 1,2852 to 18,7149

Lol actually, while trying to screen the skills tick list to provide info, I got even more absurd "ungains"...didn't notice.

As one can see, apparently "corrections" (due to cap) of SKILLS are ok. Correction to Stats fluctuate a lot and not always are "re-corrected" immediately.

http://imgur.com/a/zrkyT

due to injuries possibly?

It makes sense if it's after combat and then returns to normal after the wounds are healed.

This sounds very much the result of getting an injury.  Our characteristics were usually affected by injuries to certain parts of our bodies, but they were never reflected in the stat loss and gain.  It sounds to me like it was either added to reflect in your stats or the invisible effect decided to be visible.

Please help troubleshoot:

Are you premium?

Were you wounded?

When the wound healed, did you get your strength back?

Does it only happen with Strength or have you seen body control or mind logic also go down?

[22:34:30] Mind logic decreased by 2,8090 to 17,1927 also happens in fight with non prem char with lt weapon.

As Alectrys' answer suggests, I remember that people used to not be able to sail their sailboats after getting a head injury that decreased Mind Logic (temporary effect; as soon as they healed it returned to normal). This suggests that injuries in specific body regions can cause temporary loss of different body characteristics. possibly 

Wiki: Head injuries cause your characters to have minor concussion effects (lowering the effective level of mind logic). For example for a person who has the ability to queue 3 extra actions, a light bruise to the head can cause the number of extra actions queuable to be reduced.

That was probably added to the wiki by players because they noticed right off things like getting fewer actions to queue -- or not being able to sail their boat home.

But other effects might go unnoticed if they are not clearly preventing a player from doing what they expect to do -- and thus never get added to wiki.

We could ask the WU Datamining thread to check into this, though that always seems to send some people crazy when we start replacing folklore with science.

Same thing happened back in middle ages too, come to think of it.  To paraphrase:  Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Light, Rage Rage At The Dying Of the Night

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

I'm currently experiencing this, I need the strength to move my items to a new location. My strength drop randomly by 2.68 points.

On 12/26/2016 at 2:12 PM, Alectrys said:

This sounds very much the result of getting an injury.  Our characteristics were usually affected by injuries to certain parts of our bodies, but they were never reflected in the stat loss and gain.  It sounds to me like it was either added to reflect in your stats or the invisible effect decided to be visible.

Please help troubleshoot:

Are you premium?

Were you wounded?

When the wound healed, did you get your strength back?

Does it only happen with Strength or have you seen body control or mind logic also go down?

Domimaru where you by chance wounded when this happened? Read the post I quoted above and let me know if this is related at all or something new.

My alt has just had this.. He lost 1.7985 body strength while just praying at an altar