On Saturday, November 05, 2016 at 10:12 PM, Tich said:

If i allow anyone to post on a village notice board.. should i allow the notice board to be locked and thus use item permissions to restrict it, so if not locked only villages can post.

Does that make sense?

Yes

On 04/11/2016 at 4:17 PM, Stormblade said:

BTW good luck with that, hope Wurm is ready to pay for the rights to all those songs it broadcasts, and yes, as a web streaming 'radio' you do have to pay for the rights as well as license to play copyrighted songs.

I have done this before and know about getting PPL and LOML (Which i already have). To clarify Wurm Online/Code Club AB have no legal or financial obligation for Wurm Community Radio and will not be expected to cover the licensing this is being handled privately. This is purely a community driven operation.

You do not need a license for each song/artist you get a license to broadcast and one that covers the "right to play" which for a community radio is actually very reasonable as long as the system is managed in the right way, is maintained as a community broadcast, the proper records are kept and sent off each reporting period. I have been in verbal contact with them (I am based in the UK so this is with the UK authorities).

I'm very glad that there has been so much interest in this and I hope that it will be something that the community as a whole will enjoy. I look forward to hearing lots of variety of music and even the "advertising" of in-game events and marketplaces which would be a great way to encourage people to roamto new lands to visit the places mentioned.

There will be NO commercial advertising, sponsorship or paid content and any and all DJs are purely volunteering their time to benefit the community. These are some of the restrictions of the licenses. Because of this we will not be allowed to advertise outside of the Wurm Online community, anyone sharing links via social networking or third party advertising will not be recognized by Wurm Community Radio or its partners.

There will be a disclaimer on the landing page, which is almost ready go to live, the radio service is already running I am now collecting details of anyone that wants to sign up as a DJ.

If you are interested please email radio@lifemud.com with:

Your in-game name

Your timezone

Where you live (in game)

Your age

Any experience you have in this area.

~Morlanius

• Like 2