3 minutes ago, joedobo said:

It's restrictive compared to other resources.  I shouldn't be forced to spend hours traveling to a rift and then complete with others for the limited resources at a rift. 

Other than Xanadu where would you be spending hours in travel time?  Your not FORCED to spend ANY time on this feature same as pretty much anything else you do in game.  Its really no different than unique hunts and its all elective.

21 minutes ago, SeeD said:

End game content with mechanics worth striving for and setting as a goal is pretty much what Wurm has always been about, the biggest house, the highest quality tools, rares, supremes...

Simple easily attainable things that anyone can do is not what makes wurm great, the ability to set goals and see them come to life with time and hard work does. This system reinforces that.

Yes, different people different goals I guess. None of that stuff you listed is what makes Wurm great for me. I like the simple things that take shape over time.  i despise elitism where a small portion of players are allowed to have things that the majority are not. chasing the shinies (carrot) controlled by eelite (holder of the stick) is not what wurm is about for me.

Indy is alot of travel too.  That is a very big server as well.

One thing I haven't seen anyone bring up on the runes.  Once you take a religion, there is no way to no longer have a religion.  At least that I have heard of.  So the bonus that you might get for not having a religion is something that you will be punished for in every other way in the game.  You will never be able to sac a rare or better or sac items for a mission.  Guess that is the price you will pay but it sounds very punitive to me.  Of course I think it is kind of silly for all the hoops that will have to be jumped through for the runes to add religion to them.

This game seems to keep getting more complicated and harder for the new players that I have heard we need to attract.  Oh well.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dalvin said:

Other than Xanadu where would you be spending hours in travel time?  Your not FORCED to spend ANY time on this feature same as pretty much anything else you do in game.  Its really no different than unique hunts and its all elective.

Yes, i'm going to chose to not use it. but that doesn't change thst it's restrictive access. 

Btw, I've never been on a unique for the same reason.

Don't worry devs won't listen to me. I'm just wasting my time sharing my opinion. 

13 minutes ago, joedobo said:

Yes, i'm going to chose to not use it. but that doesn't change thst it's restrictive access. 

Btw, I've never been on a unique for the same reason.

Don't worry devs won't listen to me. I'm just wasting my time sharing my opinion. 

I understand what your saying but just cant see why having neat 'endgame' features gated through largish community events is a bad thing, ive not seen so few of the resources spawn at a rift that you couldn't get some stuff if you wanted to.  After that its just a matter of personal choice.

Soul depth?  soul depth!... so I guess we should have our priests attach the runes then? :P

I agree to @joedobo, I despise the concept of runes based on finite Rift resources, and the idea of followed god's based restrictions - even more. With this feature and also those random affinities Wurm is taking some very odd road.

• Like 3

Looking good overall, especially the bulletin board. Been wanting something like this ingame for ages.

Edited by Klaa

8 hours ago, zigozag said:

I agree to @joedobo, I despise the concept of runes based on finite Rift resources, and the idea of followed god's based restrictions - even more. With this feature and also those random affinities Wurm is taking some very odd road.

enchants on top of imbues on top of runes on top of rares... doesn't seem complicated at all /sarcasm

edit - this isn't a typical mmo, yet it feels like it's trying to be one...

Edited by KyleBooze
  • Like 3

The runes sound interesting. I do hope that there aren't any with stick with enchants, for example in the woa or coc department. If such runes do exist and they don't stack with enchants then that sounds really good, as it would give people more options. The bonuses all being between 5-10% also sounds good as that prevents them from being too good.

Edited by Ecrir

15 hours ago, Wurmhole said:

I wish we could just eliminate gods all together and let "mages" craft.

Been saying this over and over for years 

• Like 1

I have to say, this is probably the first new post I have actually read all the way through without putting my face in the palms of my hands.  There's hope yet!

18 hours ago, RockyBalboa said:

It is not specified, but I very much hope that these message boards will be usable by non-citizens to post messages themselves (rather than being usable only by deed members).

My desire for this is motivated by my ongoing in-game message board, hosted at Glasshollow Market.  For over a year now, papyrus sheets and filled pens have been provided to visitors:

The new bulk sales section(deed) of the market, Fort Glasshold, is planned to contain a similar message board.  This new system will provide a reasonable way for people selling their bulk goods to provide information to buyers:   [the cell in which the goods are stored] / [the contents of the locked cell] / [the merchant that holds the cell key]

This new feature, an actual working message board, would greatly streamline this system.  Please provide permissions to allow 'anyone' to add their messages to the new board!

+1 to that

15 hours ago, joedobo said:

Oh, ur an epic player too then i suppose?

22 hours ago, icbash said:

OK WTF

yes i spend 8 hours to have someone drop in 1 hour whats the point... you  all looking at this wrong get people off deed not another people. into others deeds ... all it dos its people with higher number roll over smaller groups and kingdoms..(or high $ gear vs normal gear) Yes Help out the bigger(richer) kingdoms... and see people just leave wurm... (EPIC)!!!

10 can defend vs 30

It takes less time fixing than raiding

Nobody on epic quit because they were raided, they quit cause they wasn't getting raided :P

• Like 2

If i allow anyone to post on a village notice board.. should i allow the notice board to be locked and thus use item permissions to restrict it, so if not locked only villages can post.

Does that make sense?

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Tich said:

If i allow anyone to post on a village notice board.. should i allow the notice board to be locked and thus use item permissions to restrict it, so if not locked only villages can post.

Does that make sense?

So, if you mean.
(No Lock) -> Villagers only
(Add lock) -> Normal permission system

Then yes, that makes sense.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tich said:

Does that make sense?

I think this will work, as long as not locking it doesn't interfere with the ability to plant the item. 

Have a lock auto added on, small padlock perhaps.

Just add the permission system to it.

Kingdom, Alliance, Villagers, use... deny

Spot to add names for customizing who can use.

• Like 2

Congrats, Pandalet! And great stuff coming up from the dev team. Awesome work!

On 06/11/2016 at 1:46 AM, LorenaMontana said:

Oh, ur an epic player too then i suppose?

This counts for all PvP players I think by now.

• Like 1

hmm was trying out the runes in test and found that a lot of them will not work on most tools, and the ones that do are kinda useless buffs, like %5 gain imping of whetstone. lol Can't imp a whetstone and not sure it that means if it's used for imping. Did some imping with it and no rolls. Also the skill level to make some of them is crazy, like %14 chance to create with 90 skills??

6 minutes ago, Talohan said:

hmm was trying out the runes in test and found that a lot of them will not work on most tools, and the ones that do are kinda useless buffs, like %5 gain imping of whetstone. lol Can't imp a whetstone and not sure it that means if it's used for imping. Did some imping with it and no rolls. Also the skill level to make some of them is crazy, like %14 chance to create with 90 skills??

They're not complete on test, and have no effect currently, I'll announce when they're functional on test.