header.png

Grand Conjunction of 1601 Dancers III - Predicted by Gaffer

Hi Everyone!

This week has testing on cooking continuing, with recipes being adjusted, and the cookbook being modified, we're also showing a few new things coming in 1.3 that you can't eat!

Rifts and runes
The new runic items coming with the 1.3 update will provide individual bonuses depending on a few factors, combining a rune will require a rift stone, crystal or piece of wood along with a lump of metal. The metal used as well as the god the crafter follows will determine the end result, creating a rune that can provide a number of effects such as:

• Improvement QL gain rate
  • Faster Vehicle speed
  • Faster use speed
  • reductions in size, weight, decay rate
  • increases in volume
  • improvements in ql gain
  • increased chance of rarity

There will also be single use runes, giving a chance at performing from a basic spell, to a refresh, and more!

• Wooden runes will be created with fine carpentry, and attach to wooden items
  • Crystal with jewellery smithing, and attach to metal.
  • Stone using stone-cutting, being able to attach to stone.
  • Cloth items will also be included with one of them, not sure which at this point.

These bonuses vary between 5-10%, but be careful! Some will have downsides too, there will be a lot to consider prior to attaching one.
These runes are high end items, expect them to be extremely difficult to create, success chance of using or applying the rune will be based off rune quality as well as soul depth, each item is also limited to one rune (minus single use runes). So choose wisely.

Cookbook!
Work has been extensive on changing the cookbook, moving it to a client sided window (meaning no more pesky timing out) and listing all recipes, here's a sneak preview:

sandwich.png

Message boards
Another feature coming with 1.3 is the message board system!
Ever want to leave a message for someone? Or post a request? Well with the new message board, you'll be able to leave all sorts of notices.

All you need to do is inscribe some paper or papyrus.

inscribe.png

And then attach to the message board!

posting.png

You can select whether to post messages to the whole village, to a single villager, or have them publicly available to non citizens as well!

finished.png

It's that simple! The ability to post to certain groups will be limited by permissions.

Pandalet joins the dev team!

Pandalet has been working hard helping Tich with documentation on the cooking test, giving me lots of info to steal and post in the weekly news, as well as assuring that when it launches, we'll have all the info easily available! I'm pleased to announce that we've managed to trick her into joining the dev team as a developer, So be nice!

Wurm Unlimited sale
Wurm unlimited is currently 66% off on Steams daily deals! Now's your chance to grab it cheap!

Community Content
There has been discussion about a player run Wurm radio station! Morlan has been floating the idea of hosting a radio station for Wurmians by Wurmians, andd I'm keen to see how this goes, because I absolutely love sharing music and seeing what others listen to when playing Wurm (except for some Mist lake members who love a little too much Aqua, you know who you are), so I'll be keeping a close eye on it!

We're still on track for mid-late November, and next week will have even more info on the non cooking side of this update. I hope to see you all then!

Until then though, keep on Wurming!

Retrograde & the Wurm team.

• Like 22

"Faster Vehicle speed", does this apply to ships on pvp servers?

Also it's nice to see the cookbook getting some love.

Edited by Zekezor

7 minutes ago, Zekezor said:

"Faster Vehicle speed", does this apply to ships on pvp servers?

Also it's nice to see the cookbook getting some love.

Not sure if that one will be, we'll be going over them all to ensure they work in PvP and PvE, we won't be simply putting a blanket disable on them all in PvP (though some specific ones may need to be disabled if they cannot be balanced)

• Like 4

On 2016-10-30 at 2:59 PM, Retrograde said:

the battering rams are still being worked on, delayed due to the volunteer dev's time constraints, I'll work on getting an update this week.

:[

4 minutes ago, Zekezor said:

:[

I know I know, unfortunately nothing yet.

catapults and multi story housing in PvP needs to be looked at, and will probably be included as a whole thing, but that's up to the devs to decide and let me know..

• Like 3

Retro, I want to build a cave dwellin on chaos, for now can you just increase the bash bonus against houses in caves [on pvp] until the ram comes? :(:(

Grats pandalet

Edited by Mclovin
  • Like 2

The message boards are a welcome addition.

And a huge congratulations to Pandalet! Hope the insanity doesn't sink in too soon ;)

Who am I kidding, a year of forum modding took away any remaining sanity!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

as well as the god the crafter follows will determine the end result

Seriously?! 

So what about Lib followers hunh? I mean really, Stupiest thing ever to require a deity to make something.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stormblade said:

Seriously?! 

So what about Lib followers hunh? I mean really, Stupiest thing ever to require a deity to make something.   

Lib followers will also be able to create certain runes.

Not following any deity will have different effects as well.

Runes from jackal are very closely tied with the gods

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stormblade said:

So what about Lib followers

inb4 you need to be lib for all those nifty features :

• Improvement QL gain rate
  • Faster Vehicle speed
  • Faster use speed
  • reductions in size, weight, decay rate
  • increases in volume
  • improvements in ql gain
  • increased chance of rarity

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Retrograde said:

Hrm, how to leave a religion?

Also, any news on the bracelet / metalic liquid being fixed - able to be used ?

Woot Panda!!!!  And Fire, she volunteered to work with you... she had no sanity in the first place :P

Community Content
There has been discussion about a player run Wurm radio station! Morlan has been floating the idea of hosting a radio station for Wurmians by Wurmians, andd I'm keen to see how this goes, because I absolutely love sharing music and seeing what others listen to when playing Wurm (except for some Mist lake members who love a little too much Aqua, you know who you are), so I'll be keeping a close eye on it!

BTW good luck with that, hope Wurm is ready to pay for the rights to all those songs it broadcasts, and yes, as a web streaming 'radio' you do have to pay for the rights as well as license to play copyrighted songs.

Soul Depth - Now we have a use for it.  All those priests that skilled it up for casting - oh wait, priests can't craft ;)

Actually, it is probably good that priests can't, because now we get to see a huge boost to the panfilling industry, making use of our millions of cooked meats.

Will the craft skill levels have an impact on the strength of the runes, or is craft skill only to determine the chance for creation?  Is craft skill level important at all, or only SD?

Edited by Wurmhole

Cookbook looks much better and the message board feature will be nice (once I get someone to make me one...)

So...  Runes are essentially an inventive to pick different gods?  Not too bad an idea actually and it might shake up the religion market a bit.

The rest of runes sounds very much like something I'd only want to see coming in should priests also get a bit of a break.  Magic without the price is just cruel to those of us who do pay that price and, quite frankly, magic users have been done over enough over the years (try maining a priest solo (no handy free/prem alts) for 1 month on the current PvE server and you will see what I mean) with the main excuse being "oh well you get magic so its all ok".  With runes added that excuse no longer exists and without a balancing factor it might be one kick in the teeth too many for some of wurms ever decreasing population of magi.

• Like 1

Great more features for the elite... yahoo.. at a level most of us will never reach..unless we dump large coin into an account,..like so many do.. so much for a pay to play.. so little for the rest..

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, luvable said:

Woot Panda!!!!  And Fire, she volunteered to work with you... she had no sanity in the first place :P

Says one of the Forum Mods :P

19 minutes ago, Firestarter said:

Says one of the Forum Mods :P

Never claimed I had sanity. :P

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

I know I know, unfortunately nothing yet.

catapults and multi story housing in PvP needs to be looked at, and will probably be included as a whole thing, but that's up to the devs to decide and let me know..

Do that wrong and you can kiss pvp servers good bye.

Not following any of Wurm's heathen religions I was wondering about this point, now clarified. Then again, restricting these runes available to be created by the creators religion seems very restrictive in that it will eliminate most of them being able to be created by 1 player character.

Not really liking the need to create and use paper/papyrus to post messages on the new message board either. Too much additional work required makes another nice feature not worth the bother. *shrugs*

=Ayes=

• Like 3

Work has been extensive on changing the cookbook, moving it to a client sided window (meaning no more pesky timing out) and listing all recipes, here's a sneak preview:

This means we will have all of the recipes listed now and will not have to test each meat and each pan and each well everything?