Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

No Source from Mining

So I like to mine and just got back into Wurm agian a week ago.  Over the last day, I've mined out 100 tiles of rock and a copper vein. My results:

2 rare rocks

3 emeralds

1 ruby

4 regular salt

NO Source crystals.

I've talked to some others in Alliance and after searching logs, they show no source from mining over the last few months.  Back when I mined out the Darq Passage canal on Xanadu, I was reliably getting one every 10 tiles of rock.  Pulled 2-3 full satchels of crystals from the canal and it was roughly 2000 tiles of rock and maybe 10 veins I removed.  That was back about 18 months ago.

Am I just having really bad luck?

I mined close to 100 tiles and got no source crystals either.

I've mined maybe 10 tiles in the last two weeks and two of them contained source salt, and plenty others in the last two months

got 2 in same rock vein a week ago but yeah seem to be greatly reduced. but it seems gems are more prevalent. always hated finding a source when coulda been a gem. 

The way source crystals seem to work now is that most tiles don't have them, but the ones that do give you them on 10% of actions or something like that, at least for rock tiles. This is pretty much what I've experienced; I've found few tiles bearing them, but when I have, they've given me 4 or 5.

• Like 1

Ok, so it is now more like a regular salt tile it seems?  I'll keep logging my mining and see how it progresses.

Question:  Are salt and flint bound to specific tiles, like the QL of a tile, meaning after you mine out the rock vein, you can mine up and down to continue getting it?  If so, won't source tiles get exploited by strongwalling them back and re-mining?  Seems the old way of getting source worked pretty well.

Only drop from tiles containing salt. Drops about 1/10 chance on those tiles.

54 minutes ago, Aeryck said:

Only drop from tiles containing salt. Drops about 1/10 chance on those tiles.

I'm pretty sure the source crystals I was getting weren't from a salt tile last time. I think this used to be the case for some time, but was changed (again).

earlier this week I mined some, not sure how many tiles, but got just under 13k shards I think at the end of it, got about 30 source crystals. 11(!) of those was from one tile though.

Edited by Cenotaph