Sign in to follow this  
Omgderp

Trade Channel

2 lines every 30min is more than enough imo:mellow:.. and if someone uses alts or friends to 2-3-4x spam for the same place/shop cm/gm could warn and mute all but 1 of them for a few hours:angry:, being slapped for spamming will quickly resolve the problemB).

About the link ideas.... :oguys/girls.. use url shortening services.. sure it's nice to read forum's topic in the url.. but the links take a lot of space... and just bring spamy-long lines in trade chat.:rolleyes:

16 hours ago, Stormblade said:

I agree, and I've used this, the problem is that it keeps continuing to become the standard to spam multiple lines in advertisements, much like real life, they figure the one who shouts the loudest gets the most sales and soon everyone is doing it because they feel in order to compete they have to beef up their advertisement.

So keep /ignoring them. If you can't see them, it won't annoy you, and if it's a habit that annoys you, you're unlikely to buy from people who do that anyway, so all in all it works out :)

• Like 1

Ignoring is nice in theory and it would work, when you could ignore people only in trade channel. But as it is now, when you ignore a person, you ignore them anywhere except CA Help. And that is the problem, you ignore the person, but you still see the answers to him, which leads to weird monologues(if you want to see what i mean, take a conversation and remove one participant). This is why ignore doesn't really work in public channels. It simply takes one problem and replaces it with another problem, but is that really a solution?

And you cannot ignore the person if they are CM or above.  That causes another problem if the person doing it is one.  (I am not saying that there is one just saying it could be an issue)

13 hours ago, Hordern said:

So keep /ignoring them. If you can't see them, it won't annoy you, and if it's a habit that annoys you, you're unlikely to buy from people who do that anyway, so all in all it works out :)

Well, you might not want to ignore a person who may one day sell something you need or advertise something you would want, or even say something in global about a event etc,

also the poster mentioned that other ads get basically bumped out of view so unless everybody is ignoring the same person, then the ads will still get pushed up.

/ignore doesn't solve the OP's problem

Edited by Mclovin

a big f*cking waaAAAaaaAAAaaaaAaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....... i see those adds alot but to be bothered by someone using a Wurm feature to sell there adds?? I don't know about anybody else but i peruse those adds alot when i am busy cutting, crafting something.. sawing logs etc. and its up to the buyer to scroll wheel through them but to whine about merchant ads on the trade channel come on guys.. thats whats it there for.. can't we complain about something important.. 

there a big fat - numero uno...

• Like 1

The longer posts don't bother me, but I don't generally sell, I shop, so I happily scroll up and down. But I see the point of not liking your ad pushed out of the window.

However.

I don't think it's a good idea to hard code the time separations. People often ask for price checks, and then someone answers, and then the original checker might give a clarification or thank you, and it will suck to have to wait five minutes to do that.

• Like 1

All it takes is a bit more attention from CM, you're overcomplicating the issue.

There are a few persistant offenders in my playing time zone who like posting 3 long lines in a hit, which does seem excessive - it's generally the same handful of people.  A brief run-down of what you're offering (or asking for), plus a link if necessary (lots of stuff, complex options, etc) seems like good practise, and something that should be encouraged.

you can use the /ignore feature if you find the spam a bit too much too

4 hours ago, Retrograde said:

what they are saying though sure you can ignore the spam, but the spam is still happening and others who don't put the spammers on ignore loose out by there trade offers being spammed out of sight

just advertise more often and out spam the spammers!

And again.....You cannot ignore CM or above.  (Still not saying one is doing it just saying if they are you cannot ignore them)

1 minute ago, Pashka said:

And again.....You cannot ignore CM or above.  (Still not saying one is doing it just saying if they are you cannot ignore them)

is CM the guilty spammers?

I am not calling names on anyone.  Do I know there are some that advertise alot that can't be ignored?  Yea or it used to be the case.  They have items to sell too.

I suggest that posting be limited to 1 WTS and 1 WTB every 15 minutes. If you can't condense your sale into one line then make a forum post or post an inventory screenshot. PC should be unlimited and warnings given as needed.

For those who say "free market QQ":

500 people online. 1/3 are alts, 330 active players with 1 or 2 logging on or off every minute? One post every 15 minutes is MORE than enough to reach every player especially if there is less spam as a whole.

Edited by Aeryck

dont ppl use scroll list ? 

I use that if im looking for something 

After speaking with the Trading Gnomes in my area experts each one.  It was suggested that people that just cant stop posting should have the following done.

(1) 1 day ban from posting in any chat

(2) Teleported to the middle of a random OLIVE forest in xanadu butt naked in a herd of trolls.   I promise you posting about sales wont be an issue.  IT may though cause posts about griefing and whining about GMs and CM but heck those are so common its nothing normal.

(3) Make a safe room for people that cant scroll and thus stay triggered.

(4) Send me some candy for keeping it light and humorous?

/ignore isn't a solution to me. I don't personally dislike or hate these people. I just don't want to see 24 ad's from them in an hour. (yup that happened from 1 person.)

I am trying to help lay a foundation for this, I would think some staff would be more open to players trying to make their moderation lives easier. Especially if we can get the smexy people to make it an actual game mechanic where you don't have to babysit.

• Like 1

you know you can cry about it all you want, nothing you come up with will solve what you view as a problem, ever play eve? ever been to jita?

any solution will be circumvented by the use of alts, alts alts and more alts, then even more alts on top of that, if I ever feel the need to view local at jita, takes about 20 minutes to ignore the hourly batch of spam alts then things get better

I have not read all the posts but having a block/timer on posting after you have already made a post might help like the search here on the forums. 

17 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Do you even read what customers are saying or do you just read one line and post a completely non help borderline troll response?

4 hours ago, Kegan said:

I have not read all the posts but having a block/timer on posting after you have already made a post might help like the search here on the forums. 

This is a good idea for Trade tab, a time based cool down between posting to trade tab would be a good idea.

Just make another command /tradeignore.. so you can ignore someone only in trade Chat. Spam in trade is usually no reason to completely block that person.