Sign in to follow this  
Odynn

lower the ceiling with concrete

Well, as the title says, allow us to lower the mine ceiling with concrete instead of raising the floor (as it's actually doing).

Having to collapse a few tiles to get the ceiling at the right height for our cave dwellings is bordering insanity after a while.

• Like 13

Almost a year old, but +1. With all the new underground options that have been added since, being able to have an easier time with the mine layout seems an obvious change. Is there some reason this wasn't added in the end?

Can't be old enough, don't leave this thing to die please! +1

+1 and for those that say the concrete would fall. use a plank as tool (to hold it in place while it dries?)

I think the problem is that there isn't really any ceiling, ceiling and floor is same thing.

I belive Tich or someone said that in a topic about reinforcing mine ceilings some weeks ago.

• Like 3

+1.  It is objectively ridiculous the way it is now.

Say (hypothetically) that I'm mining iron ore yesterday. My wireless mouse glitches out, I accidentally mine a cave ceiling once (or thrice), now I have to move everything out of that tile, wait literal months for it to collapse, re-mine that tile (IF and only IF it respawns as stone, and not a METAL VEIN), concrete the floor, support the floor and probably walls next to it, move everything back, then try to remember what I was doing months ago when that happened.

Edited by Theplague
  • Like 2