Sign in to follow this  
Zephyr40k

Fire without flint and steel

Hi folks,

Well I managed to get myself in a pickle somehow.  I think I put my flint and steel in a backpack and put it down in my cave.  and then someone came along, broke my cave door down, and took all my stuff.  ugh.  life on a pcp server.  

Anyways.  I was about to start re crafting my tools when I noticed I have no flint and steel to start a fire.  I actually managed to find some sol demon charcoal, metal lump, and a piece of flint, so I'm good to go if I can just turn the darn lump into steel.  but how can I do that?  is there any way to smelt or get a fire going without utilizing flint&steel? do I need to find a volcano? 

I believe you can create a campfire using a woodscrap on a kindling.

• Like 3

Yes, you just need a woodscrap and a kindling for a campfire. If you can't find any flint, ask around your kindgom/alliance. There's always extra stashed somewhere in a chest.

If you are able, do this....create a new alt, recruit to village, accept teleportation, take steel & flint

Edited by Galatyn

Priests have too much flint... wish it had more uses ingame actually.

Hey there, the campfire idea was perfect  got my steel smelted and made a couple of new flint&steels.  I'm back in business.  Thanks folks. 

• Like 5

How big does the wood scrap and the kindling need to be for the campfire to work? I keep getting the not enough material notice, but I am not sure which one is too small. 

2 hours ago, RPIII said:

How big does the wood scrap and the kindling need to be for the campfire to work? I keep getting the not enough material notice, but I am not sure which one is too small. 

should be able to activate woodscrap and combine it with another piece. Same with kindling.

• Like 1

Flints seem to be easy to find, just haggle through rock surfaces or might find some mining or laying around in the caves. Steel would take some time to get, charcoal piles is probably the best way to get it. Once you heat up charcoals and iron lumps together.