Sign in to follow this  
morlan

Wurm Radio and VOIP

On 05/11/2016 at 11:57 AM, Stormblade said:

Again, bad idea, especially if the Staff is backing this it leaves them open for what I perceive as legal issues.

Even a quick serch shows that you Do have to have a license to stream music such as you're talking about.

Do I have to have a license to live stream music

Short answer, Yes you do have to have a license to do what you're suggestion, and for the those wurm staff that are going 'great idea' lets look into it.  Well you need to actually look into it.

The above poster is right, the staff have no association with the radio station. And yes you are right licences are required as I stated earlier. There are two LOML and PPL. I have even been on the phone on a number of occasions with the PRS people and they are actually pretty nice and opening to helping out people doing kind of thing. I don't know what you are trying to argue/rebut I have never stated that I don't need one. What I have stated is that there are two licences required which I have some time on one and the other isn't as critical whilst its still in a set-up/testing the waters stage.