Sign in to follow this  
Gregory

Cluster Functional content differences

PvP issues aside from a functional perspective just throwing this out there as a potential starting point for the Devs to look at the differences between Epic and Freedom/Chaos and why new/existing players are choosing to play on Freedom rather than Epic.

Looking at the starting list below from a pure content perspective new players are really missing out on a lot of content by choosing to play on Epic, over time Epic has been bleed dry of unique content.

EPIC Has

• Increased Skill Gain
  • Curve
  • Scenario's

Epic - Does Not Have

• Underground housing
  • Plot course
  • Sermon resets
  • Drake and Scale Leather imping
  • Skill-gain from vesseling
  • Working Rift Jewelry
  • Cheaper Templar costs
  • Safety from terra-forming events
  • Access to uncapped non-iron ore on all servers
  • Unique titles for 100 skill
  • Body Stamina gain from Mining
  • Body Stamina gain from Digging
  • Easier skill gain at higher levels (try woodcutting on Epic)

Some of these have not been added due to potential PvP balancing which remain unresolved long after implementation.

Well you get the idea, please shout out any I've missed or flagged incorrectly and I'll update the list.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gregory said:

Access to uncapped non-iron ore on all servers

i believe that's an incentive to move off/travel to elevation. Not sure could be wrong..

could add in " An actual market for items" but again in an all pvp environment it makes sense it is how it is

1 hour ago, Etherdrifter said:

If I remember right epic's main PvP server is premium only (http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Epic_cluster)

I am not sure if this counts as a functional content difference but ``skill/item carry over from/to PvE'' is an elephant in the room.

Hasn't been Premium only since the Elevation reset.

• Like 1

Hey its not like Chaos has everything Epic doesn't :P

We'd like to have underground construction and working Rift jewelry too ya know.

Not to mention whatever else is being held back from live implementing due to pvp balance issues; though, understandably such work can take time. However, at some point one just has say "%*$* it" and let it out into the Wild.

• Like 1

A bumppa for this toppic.

As frustrating as it is on a pve server to have a functional change due to pvp reasons, that same frustration exists in it's inverse, in the world of pvp.

I dont see how some of these things would ruin pvp.

-Capped ore was live on Wild years ago. I support this, but it does give strength to Freedom, vs Epic. Change is probably for the best.

-Body Stamina, really should let it happen from all skills supposed to give bstam. I understand the wogic behind the decision, and disagree with it being limited.

-plot course is powerful in a pvp setting and should be blocked on Chaos if enemies are in local. Holy ###### ###### teleports, Batman. The lack of PC on Epic is a strength to pvp, imo.

-Epic was originally advertised as a temp/rotating reset based map. Hence the skillgains. It was argued to the point of pussing out and ya'll got events as a compromise. I would suggest keeping them, but toning it down a notch.

There shouldnt be chasms opening that are completely unclimbable and ruin everything in the vicinity. What motivates a builder in that environment?

As for the rest of the mentioned list, I mostly flat out agree. Cave dwellings should totally be added.

Good luck, Epic. I am hoping to see a surge in life, over there.

Soon, I hope.

6 hours ago, Makarus said:

-plot course is powerful in a pvp setting and should be blocked on Chaos if enemies are in local. Holy ###### ###### teleports, Batman. The lack of PC on Epic is a strength to pvp, imo.

Pretty sure plot course is blocked with enemy's in local unless you cross to deli on the proper side. 

Plot course has its ups and down, but I would rather people do boat rides with an easy escape than not bother 90% of the time because it takes over an hour each way just to travel to your spot with out plot course on epic hard to convince people to hop on a 4 hour boat ride very often when you sit and watch youtube for an hour both ways while the poor captain has to sail and pay a bit more attention.  Might be a good middle ground for like an hour cooldown on it after an enemy is in local or an hour cooldown just after using plot course period on epic or even just opening it to cross to home servers and not back might be nice to.

I feel like if balanced properly for a pvp server, Plot course lets people skip a lot of the boring bs that is traveling in wurm but there needs to be restrictions to prevent it from being abused to much I would agree.

Plot course has defiantly overall been a healthy addition to both chaos and freedom imo though.

Edited by Darklords

On 1.11.2016 at 6:43 AM, Gregory said:

and why new/existing players are choosing to play on Freedom rather than Epic.

People seem to be interested in PvE more than PvP. The idea of Epic sharks and titans with 90fs+ scares some off.

2 hours ago, Erevorn said:

People seem to be interested in PvE more than PvP. The idea of Epic sharks and titans with 90fs+ scares some off.

The desolate servers and watered down mechanics is what keeps me off.  I dont speak for all the other people not joining Epic, Im sure they all have good reasons not to join/stay.

-1 There is no reason for Epic to have unique content, what they should have is unique mechanics and properly working content.

+1 To body stats gain from all activities just like freedom, in a server that is supposed to have accelerated growth, I have no idea why they would hamper a characters growth like that.