Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

Healing Changes

Currently Heal is almost entirely useless on PvE, the recent nerf has made it far too randomised to do much good.  It also no longer removes disease, arguably the most common use for the spell at events.

LoF has been similarely nerfed, it is now linked to power which is extremely random.  At 65 channeling I am still getting a noticable number of bad casts (3x3, sets cooldown on players and heals next to nothing) so god knows what its like for players with lower channeling!

The proposed changes are simple:

1.  Change Heal and LoF to only rely on power for their amount healed when players from another kingdom are in local.

2.  Either allow heal to remove disease on players or add in a new spell for fo priests with the same effect.

This grants the PvP community the balance it wants and lets the PvE community get on with its game and enjoy the benefits of a local fo priest some more.

• Like 3

you could add a min amount that the spells will heal or maybe a bonus depending on your channeling, something like channeling/5

I don't see why all balance changes have to be separated between the servers, especially one like this that promotes grinding your channeling up for better results

If channeling does not improve results, then why have channeling? Not being sarcastic, actually curious if you have an alternative in mind.

Edit: As far as adjusting healing in general goes, one of the gaps in the tool bag is Healing Over Time spells. Having a spell you can cast once every, for example, 5 minutes that healed for 100% of your health, but spread that healing out over 2 minutes would be more interesting than simply a random amount.

Edited by Darmalus
  • Like 1

Humid Drizzle removes diseases. its a Fo spell... so im not sure what ur on about regarding that.

As for LoF:

Rather have a fixed max healing quantity for AOE and healing resistance that is based on healing done.

That would solve the 2 actual "issues" (LoF healing scaling indefinetly based on participants and overuse of healing in combat)

Neither of the 2 issues are related to pvp specificly. It's a general combat problem where one person becomes way too powerfull comparable to other players.

or put in other words:

On 2016-08-16 at 9:30 PM, Zekezor said:

6) Spell resistance / AoE spells / Lesser healing spells

-Spell resistance-

Spell resistance would be on a 5 min timer and directly scale in strength based on the dmg/healing received up to a certain %. The resistance would give a reduction in the effect of the damage/healing received. Thus making spells less usefull, but still have some of their effect.

-AoE Spells-

AoE spells currently scale indefinetly in power based on the number of targets involved.

So to adress this a max limit in healing/dmg per spell would be introduced.

AoE spells (excludes active AoE field spells) would take into account the number of targets and divide it's output among all the targets.

Healing: Check spellpower to see the healing output. Gather affected targets for the spell. Confirm they got wounds and are friendly. if not exclude them. Divide healing output per target. Pick the largest wound of the target. if its larger than healing output available then do a partial heal, if not then fully heal and reiterate untill out of healing output or all wounds gone. (if the AoE heal allow multiple wounds healed)

Damage: Check spellpower to see the damage output. Gather affected targets for the spell. confirm they are hostile. If not exclude them. Divide dmg output per target (and cap it at a % dmg of the full dmg output). Apply Wound(s).

Hybrid (aka Scorn): Do a damage check where it checks for targets affected, If hostile entities are found then also do a heal check for an equal value.

-Lesser healing spells-

A problem with the lesser healing spells is that they got virtually no use in actual combat.

Mainly becouse there is no time to open someones inventory, look through all the wounds, find the best wound and then cast the spell on it.

Thus I suggest healing spells such as cure light to be able to target creatures directly and when doing so after a successfull cast it automatically picks the largest wound and heal as much as it can with its healing output.

Thus allowing lesser heals to be usable in actual combat.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 2

@Worksock

Adding a channel bonus to minimum amount healed would be handy for higher level priests and I would definitely be in favor of this if no other option is available.  The thing is when it comes to PvP balance this won't help much since most PvP priests are old accounts with insane channeling levels so they'd all be getting this bonus to heal which would negatively impact pvp (assuming the current changes are considered balanced on PvP).  Another impact is that it would make low level healers pariahs since their low casts would harm a team more than help it which seems a bit unusual.

Getting a balance that works for both PvP and PvE when it comes to healing is very tricky. In PvE the role of healing is generally to keep the party alive indefinitely (as long as they are not terminally stupid)  provided the healer is well supplied with mana (mana here being the limiting factor).  In PvP the role of healing is usually to delay death (provided the healer is well supplied with mana etc) to the point where one can eliminate the opposing team before being eliminated themselves.

I'm not too sure there is an easy solution; I am open to any other suggestions you have.

@Darmalus

Channeling (spell power) directly impacts the radius of LoF (it always has), the higher the power the larger the radius so there is still a spell power component inherant.  This does have a big impact on how effective your casts are and I feel that its already fairly reasonable

When it comes to heal there would be no reason to raise channeling save to be able to cast it, though putting in a spell resistance reduction comparable to .12 seconds per level of channeling (so 2 minuites off the spell res at 100 channeling) might be a good way to go.

@Zekezor

I like your suggestion for spell resistance, this would go a long way to helping things out.  The AoE healing section would be very hard on rift goers (1 healer to 50 people yesterday, I am not exaggerating, 2 healers for 30 players is common), for larger player numbers there would need to be something to smooth things out, maybe allowing for linked priests to generate larger pools (so the healing amount for each link doubles the size of the pool) might work but I'm still not quite sold on it.  The lesser heal change is something everyone wants and I reckon we should all get it!

• Like 1

@Zekezor
A cheaper single target "Cure Disease" spell with no other effects could be useful. Right now the cure disease effect is/was mixed into other, more potent spells.

On a slight tangent, Disease is rather underdeveloped right now. A minor nuisance at sermon parties, large battles and randomly picked up tending animals. No real interaction, wait for it to go away or get cured.

• Like 1

i dont mind the ops suggestion +1 (or zekes)

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 1