Sign in to follow this  
Firestarter

Smeagain Information Gathering

I really wish the devs would change some things around. Knowing too much stuff just takes away the mystery from this game.

Seeding with the character's Wurm ID in some way would pretty much resolve all of that. I don't know how difficult this would be to implement, but... probably not very.

10 hours ago, elroth said:

I am sure the devs can implement some more RNG :P

originally it was pure rng...

and as you can probably imagine that lead to some insane mixes that were utterely silly... like oakshelled huge axe wielding zombie trolls with a ton of buffs... making them tankier and more damage dealing than the players themself.

Or priests that could cast LoF, Scorn, Pain rain, 4 pillars, etc....

so some restrictions were put into place to avoid the most crazy mixes.

The thing that truly dissapointed me about the whole god system is the lack of new spells and new passives... the system could have been so much more.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Zekezor said:

The thing that truly dissapointed me about the whole god system is the lack of new spells and new passives... the system could have been so much more.

Also disappointing is the inverse of that: Things that were once unique features of the original gods are now all over the place and getting worse.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

Seeding with the character's Wurm ID in some way would pretty much resolve all of that. I don't know how difficult this would be to implement, but... probably not very.

You cant unless you want to randomize all of the current current spells and bonuses. They are generated every time the server starts based on the deity id. If you change this so does everything else.

35 minutes ago, Zekezor said:

originally it was pure rng...

and as you can probably imagine that lead to some insane mixes that were utterely silly... like oakshelled huge axe wielding zombie trolls with a ton of buffs... making them tankier and more damage dealing than the players themself.

Or priests that could cast LoF, Scorn, Pain rain, 4 pillars, etc....

so some restrictions were put into place to avoid the most crazy mixes.

Yeah it could have been really fun where the player who ascended got to choose their spells based on a balanced spell tree. Kinda like how LoL does the mastery tree where you have to pick some that you might not like but it unlocks others. There could be different trees like fighting (pillars/single target), support (coc/woa), corruption (zombies vs genesis) but you can only spend a max number of points in a single tree.

A bit more work but it could have been a lot more fun.

581184c931.jpg

Edited by blayze
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, blayze said:

You cant unless you want to randomize all of the current current spells and bonuses. They are generated every time the server starts based on the deity id. If you change this so does everything else.

Oh. Well, that's silly. I assumed they were just stored in the DB. So yeah, some more changes would need to be made if that's the case.

More follower perks, disadvantages, and enchants would certainly be nice. Also letting the ascended player being able to select weighted traits would be cool; though, I do like a certain degree of rng.

The current enchant system was a complete overhaul of an older deal; however, while still being alot more fun than the old system, it predates player gods.

I ak looking to get a sme priest on southern Xanadu. Is there anyone who can convert me?

if you're willing to come to Pristine I can convert you with my priest; my deed is in the north, coastal, so easy to pop south from xan and reach it.

*edit* that goes for anyone needing priested or converted; just contact me in game or in forums to set up a time.  The deed I stay at is at G17, Hakuna Matata.

Edited by Lisabet