Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother

Equipping Horses w/out Taming & Horse Blankets

Maybe it's the RP'er in me but when Fall and Winter rolls around, I like to see my horses warm and cozy ^_^, (and while I've been making due with cloth barding, I would love to see them in blankets! I was thinking the cloth barding could be used as a starting off point?) but taming each animal to equip and remove the barding gets sooo tiring. <_< Is there maybe a way to mod around that? Be able to equip them without having to have them tamed?
And as far as the blankets go, I was thinking something like this!
Anyways, just a thought :)

14 hours ago, McGarnicle said:

I think if you brand them then you dont need to tame them to equip

They're all branded and still have to tame them, unfortunately. :unsure:

Are you the mayor of your deed? If not do you have permissions for the branded horses?

Branding does allow you to equip items on horses such as barding, saddles, shoes and bridles.

I am and unless they're tamed, I'm not able to equip them. I get the error message, "You are not allowed to do that." o:

This is a "feature" on PvP servers. It's to prevent certain abuse cases when doing player vs player combat. You also cannot use the Animal management interface.

The only solution would be a mod to counter it. I might be able to make one in the next few days.

Did this ever get done? Truthfully I think once a animal is tamed it should stay tamed (to you only! Unless you sell it.). But I mostly like the blanket part which I still don't see either.

Edited by CelticHummingbird
forgot a word.