Sign in to follow this  
Zekezor

Battering Rams? Digging update?

So wtf happend to battering rams?

On 2016-05-27 at 3:08 PM, Retrograde said:

header.png

Cave dwellings and PvP
We’ve started work on the counters for cave dwellings within PvP servers, with the awesome new battering ram! The model for it is finished, and can be shown here:

rams.png
We’ll have more info on the functionality and mechanics in the next news hopefully.

Edited by Zekezor

On 22.06.2016 at 4:55 AM, ClericGunem said:

Ya ... pretty sure no one is mentioned lately becuase we are all still waiting...

0N5ejjs.png

Just in case not clear it say on December 4th 2015:
>>

Digging!

Another upcoming change will be that digging will now work similar to mining, with the dirt appearing on the tile, as opposed to into your inventory. This will only be for digging, and levelling/flattening will continue to work as it does currently.

<<

... just saying this one went beyond a suggestion and .... nothing

"We’ll have more info on the functionality and mechanics in the next news hopefully."

ok

it's only been like 22 news posts since that

Edited by Worksock
  • Like 1

If the devs won't fix catapulting, I wouldn't expect this to ever happen.

wtf they even announced they were actually doing the digging update?

they even got the damn code from WU, literally nothing is holding them back lol.

4 minutes ago, Mattown said:

If the devs won't fix catapulting, I wouldn't expect this to ever happen.

I can kinda understand them not wanting to mess around with existing mechanics, even if it's broken as ######

but holy ###### battering rams is literally the only thing holding back a huge update that allows building underground and stuff

that ###### should have been focused on quickly so the update can be rolled over to pvp servers

idk wat u guys are on about

this game is notorious for avoiding qol changes

im still waiting for the ability to not get RSI from dragging dirt from a bsb into a crate

• Like 2

I'm just happy there's models.

When Its ReadyTM

the battering rams are still being worked on, delayed due to the volunteer dev's time constraints, I'll work on getting an update this week.

As for the digging thing, it's going to be different to the mod obviously, and will require some client changes. That said, there's also an ongoing issue with ghost items that needs to be addressed prior to its implementation, which is why it has been delayed. The main focus is on solving that issue before moving on to this feature, so there is no ETA on it.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Nomadikhan said:

/me waits for a staff member that is not PR to notice this topic.

That's their job though? o.o

Thanks for the update, @Retrograde!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

the battering rams are still being worked on, delayed due to the volunteer dev's time constraints, I'll work on getting an update this week.

Actively being worked on or "someone worked on it but currently its on hold while we work on other things"?

Big diffrence.

Same for the ghost item bug. Is anyone actively trying to solve that bug? (which has been known for atleast a half year)

Edited by Zekezor

16 minutes ago, Chimerical said:

That's their job though? o.o

Thanks for the update, @Retrograde!

And you notice how long it took to do it?   One job....

Edited by Nomadikhan

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

As for the digging thing, it's going to be different to the mod obviously, and will require some client changes. That said, there's also an ongoing issue with ghost items that needs to be addressed prior to its implementation, which is why it has been delayed. The main focus is on solving that issue before moving on to this feature, so there is no ETA on it.

what is the ghost item bug ?

44 minutes ago, elroth said:

what is the ghost item bug ?

In short there is a item that appears for you that doesn't excist in that location.

Ghost item bugs (multiple types of bugs have excisted to varying degrees of gamebreaking) have been used in various exploits such as duping or remotely stealing items on the server directly from the database etc.

In the past there was "ghost equipment"... You could take one set of equipment and replicate it as "ghost equipment" (that doesn't drop or excist) and equip a whole kingdom.

As you can probably imagine, it's quite problematic when a person finds a way to "use" nonexcistant items, however in a bunch of cases ghost items cant be abused and are merely a nuisance... Such as when water in a bucket ends up "outside your inventory".

But yea, if ya find a gamebreaking and very benefitial exploit you will be rewarded plenty for reporting a way to reproduce it.

and by this i dont mean "lol i get 2x skillgain in tatching", i mean "I can replicate items" or "I can steal the serryl lumps from Jeremys inventory while on the other side of the server".

Edited by Zekezor

I would like to see the battering rams on freedom.

Anything fwster than large maul is bueno.

Also. Digging. Digging on steepland.

Nothing sucks more than falling down a dirtwall then down a cliff and kinda rolling down a hillside with x dirt in pockets so whrn you finally do skid to a halt in the water you can't even move to drown. Lol

At least my pockets would be empty when I get my drake wet in the salty seas.

Yea, battering rams on the PvE servers would be great, that is if you can put them right on the same tile as the wall and bash it down. Very helpful in a lot of situations where the 10 tile minimum with catapults is hard to achieve.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

On 10/30/2016 at 3:11 PM, Propheteer said:

im still waiting for the ability to not get RSI from dragging dirt from a bsb into a crate

Come to WU, we have cookies, easy-dragging-between-bsbs-and/or-crates and no RSI \o/

Added: Oh yeah, and digging to ground, digging to cart, digging to crates in cart, and so on. All without no pesky ghost items :P

Edited by bdew
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, bdew said:

Come to WU, we have cookies, easy-dragging-between-bsbs-and/or-crates and no RSI \o/

Added: Oh yeah, and digging to ground, digging to cart, digging to crates in cart, and so on. All without no pesky ghost items :P

no thanks, the world would feel too small there.  Id rather advocate for this things to be implemented in WO

• Like 2

Agreed, Rath. Being said, I have a map the size of xanadia with room for hundreds to join lol.

Literally the only reason i dont play. I have the hood but no neighboors.

WO works.

15 hours ago, bdew said:

It's amazing what the devs can't even get around to doing...