Sign in to follow this  
Chimerical

PC Channeling Affinity - Closed

Looking to sell, but only if the price is right. Anyone have any idea what that price may be?

Edit: Thank you for your opinions on prices, everyone. I am seriously just as confused as when I started this thread. I guess there's not just one definitive answer as I had anticipated. Because of this, and because of the resounding drama from what was intended to be a simple question, I'll be hanging onto the affinity. This thread can be closed now.

Edited by Chimerical

Take whatever number they are PMing you, and add about 40%.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

I haven't had any PM pricechecks, but I'll take that into consideration. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Wargasm said:

war is so right about that

3 minutes ago, icbash said:

war is so right about that

I believe the both of you. Trouble is, I don't have any baseline to add 40% to.

4-5s usually for affinities, good ones up to 10s is what I think, but I could be wrong, they are not sold that often

4 minutes ago, Kwyzina said:

4-5s usually for affinities, good ones up to 10s is what I think, but I could be wrong, they are not sold that often

That doesn't even cover the cost of the premium to be able to take the affinity on Chaos, so I'm afraid you are wrong.

Come to think of it, you could always auction it.  Start it at 10s, put 1s increments, see how high it goes.

• Like 2

Well, if you add in the referal (for a new toon) 10s could be reasonable, but I love me the "No your wrong!" people on price checks. Aka, "Im asking for awnsers but please only be the one I want"

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

Come to think of it, you could always auction it.  Start it at 10s, put 1s increments, see how high it goes.

So 14s, with your 40% addition? ;) 

I think I'm going to sit on this PC thread for a bit. I've heard some say 100e, some 10s. I'll wait until I have a solid idea of what to expect.

10 minutes ago, AnarchistRise said:

Well, if you add in the referal (for a new toon) 10s could be reasonable, but I love me the "No your wrong!" people on price checks. Aka, "Im asking for awnsers but please only be the one I want"

It is only wrong because any other "usual" affinity (the 4-5s ones) would be costing the seller 1-2s for the referral, which makes absolutely no sense at all. As you can see above, I have accepted 10s as my "reasonable" low-end offer. There is no right or wrong answer here, obviously, because the market is ever-changing. What I'm looking for is an average price check. And in the end, the affinity will either sell for whatever price I accept or it will not sell at all.

Edited by Chimerical

One of the main points for selling affinitys is that you dont want it anymore, 4-5s is reasonable for the affinity, you can gain about 2 per month.

There is like nobody in the top-10 channelers on niarja having a channeling affinity, i bet they are very rare. Don't settle for low : )
I would take it myself if i had any idea of how to do that without an high chance of losing my money : D

Edited by Davih
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davih said:

There is like nobody in the top-10 channelers on niarja having a channeling affinity, i bet they are very rare. Don't settle for low : )

I would take it myself if i had any idea of how to do that without an high chance of losing my money : D

I don't plan to. I'm laughing at all of the 4-5s comments right now; I may be looking for a price check but I'm definitely not stupid. I know it isn't worth that little.

Edit: You mean how to take the affinity? It's simple.

Edited by Chimerical
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

THIS IS THE BEST POSSIBLE IDEA ..... Nobody will ever, and i mean ever... pay 100euro for an affinity.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chimerical said:

That doesn't even cover the cost of the premium to be able to take the affinity on Chaos, so I'm afraid you are wrong.

50 minutes ago, Chimerical said:

There is no right or wrong answer here, 

• Like 1

@AnarchistRiseI very clearly meant beyond the cost of the referral, there is no right or wrong answer. I'd consider that 6s a baseline because I'm not going to pay somebody else to take my affinity that in any other context, I've been told is very valuable. But obviously now that I'm considering selling it, its value has gone drastically down. Shocking.

I'm not going to entertain offers anymore, guys. Thanks for the opinion on the price check, and for the forum drama that I should have seen coming in the first place.

I'll be keeping the affinity. This thread can be closed now.

Personally, I have heard top desired affinities going for 20-40s.  If it takes 1 year of grinding WS to 90, would it be worth 20-40s to take 5 weeks off that grind?  Probably so. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Galatyn said:

I payed 10s each for mine, if that provides any baseline.

http://imgur.com/a/0tCX5

Yes, thank you.

Personally, I have heard top desired affinities going for 20-40s.  If it takes 1 year of grinding WS to 90, would it be worth 20-40s to take 5 weeks off that grind?  Probably so. 

@Wurmhole That's what I was thinking. Thanks for your input.

Edited by Chimerical
  • Like 1

Don't forget that wit new cooking system we will be able to obtain such affinity as buff with a litle luck, so might not be that priceless anymore as it used to be...

• Like 1

I am going to assume that they will stack though.  Question is......will it stack with those that already have 5 from pvp?

49 minutes ago, Pashka said:

I am going to assume that they will stack though.  Question is......will it stack with those that already have 5 from pvp?

5 is the cap, so they can't get another

and good luck with getting anything more than 10-12s.

Body Str affinities don't even go for that much and they are by far the most helpful affinity in the game.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chimerical said:

I'll be keeping the affinity. This thread can be closed now.

Thanks though, I appreciate the input.