Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Weekly News #43 Treats, no Tricks

8 hours ago, Darmalus said:

I like the rune system, sort of a second, more utility based enchantment system.

On mail limits, I agree with others that the limit should just be flat out removed. Interesting mail-runes could be things like:
1. Rune that causes the item to be instantly delivered no mater what the enchantment on the mailbox, rune consumed on use.
2. Rune that lifts the usual volume or weight limitations. rune consumed on use.

this is a better option.

as for the remove mailing with runes stuff.

well, we were told to stay tuned, so we were. and now i for one am severely disappointed. it cant be that hard to remove such a stupid cap with the overwhelming majority of players supporting it, no?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xalorum said:

Ok...deep breath.

i don't have time to test.

i have a smc with 98ql meals. This keeps my nutrition around 96%.

will this update change that? Will I be forced to do something else to keep my nutrition st 96%?

thanks.

nope

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Retrograde said:

bee stings can be healed, if the ycan't its a bug.

Having a lit smoker will also prevent stings, you'll only be stung if opening the hive, or cutting down the tree with a hive in it

assuming it's poison, that means forcing everyone to carry salve which is kinda annoying

grinding woodcutting or doing missions getting stung by bees while in full metal plate with poison wounds for cutting trees just sounds annoying

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, MootRed said:

What is CCFP?

You dont want to know,trust me

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Rhea said:

Will we have option to plant them or lock them so nobody else will steal them while we waiting for queen migration?

From what I've seen on the test server, you can attach a padlock and then manage permissions on your bee hives.

PS: I feel like I can't stress enough, that when nerfing the food, to take into account that almost all ingredients were provided in huge quantities on the test server, which surely must have made it look far easier than it will be, and I'm sure a few people try to push their own agenda as well.

I have no idea how many people did walk away to someplace in the wilderness like myself, and did actually forage and botanise, rounded up some cows, sheep, or bison, whatever was available in the wild. But after 9 small chests worth of stuff (excluding large things like cotton etc.), I was happy to have found about 6 eggs (and that's with 90 skill).

People with large pastures might now have a valuable trading good, not everybody has or can have big herds, so milk sounds like will be in fairly short supply. Red and white wine are regional resources, other things like nuts are seasonal. Not to forget, you might need other certain ingredients "fresh" (not FSB'd) as well, which means constant foraging, and luck to find that one certain ingredient.

Not saying they'll nerf it into oblivion and out of reach for your average player, but I am a bit concerned.

I mean, you can always go back, create a new character, and try to build a 3x3 wooden house, and then tell me all about your experience 3 real life days later *wink*

Edited by Ulviirala
  • Like 1

Wild bees :D

fDN83iT.png

But how do we coax them into a hive? :unsure:

Never mind, just re-reading the /changelog and I see the answer.

Edited by Wulfmaer

So no news on the mass storage situation I take it.

19 hours ago, Urvel said:

Good work, Wurm Team

“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Andre Gide

...or has the desire to do so. For the most part I have no desire to leave the "shore".

However I have waited for years for Beekeeping to be introduced and I am most excited to jump feet first into the "Hive". Bee Stings and All. I have avoided the Test Server because I will never consider myself fit to participate on it, but once Beekeeping is live the major focus of my gameplay will revolve around molding my main character into the best beekeeper that Wurm allows.

Good work Wurm Team and Thank you ;)

Edited by geode
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Wulfmaer said:

Wild bees :D

fDN83iT.png

But how do we coax them into a hive? :unsure:

Never mind, just re-reading the /changelog and I see the answer.

Here we see the wild pancake stack in its natural habitat.

Edited by Ostentatio
  • Like 10

On 10/28/2016 at 0:01 PM, Retrograde said:

Rift materials
As teased last week, the uses for the strange materials harvested from the rifts that have been appearing. When combined with a metal, they can be forged into strange little runes, which will provide bonuses to equipment, vehicles and containers. Bonuses from these items will depend on the metal used when forging, as well as other factors, and provide a range of bonuses, including:

• Increased volume capacity
  • Lower weight
  • Less damage taken
  • Higher shatter resistance
  • Resetting the mailing limit
  • Reducing decay of the contents of a container

Some will be one use only, but others will attach to the target to provide a continual boost. Only one rune that provides an ongoing effect can be attached to a tool, excepting the single use ones such as mail reset limits.

This is a huge new system coming in, with almost 200 possible combinations, not all effects are currently outlined, but as this system is worked on we will bring you all the information about them in time for 1.3!

Taking bets that the increased volume capacity will exclude magic chests....

1 hour ago, Nomadikhan said:

Taking bets that the increased volume capacity will exclude magic chests....

Is it cheating if i take you up on that bet?

Just kidding, we'll be sharing the full details in hopefully next weeks post with as much info as we can, some runes wont work on some items, but that's mostly for balance issues (like PvP stuff)

On 10/28/2016 at 3:56 PM, Ostentatio said:

Right now, it's mostly affected by the stuff that affects normal decay, so you're encouraged to make it "decay" faster by keeping it outside and/or off-deed. This should no longer be the case in the upcoming update. I don't think we've been told anything more specific than that, like if the barrel needs to be sealed or if it works in other containers, or what other factors might affect it (barrel rarity please).

What I am trying to ask is if wine after update going to get higher QL over time being sealed in container ?

1 hour ago, Rhea said:

What I am trying to ask is if wine after update going to get higher QL over time being sealed in container ?

Dev correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is we will be able to improve QL by aging inside sealed containers, but we will need to open those containers to see what QL they have reached, and then re-seal if it's not good enough.

The tasting function will let you see the quality without unsealing.

On 10/28/2016 at 0:01 PM, Retrograde said:

Desolation v4!
Today marks the launch of Desolation version 4, a heavily modified PvP server project being run by Nappy (and I believe others!) I'm quite keen to see how this goes, and might even jump on myself!

Thank-you for the unexpected mention in this week's news. Since opening on Friday we have had 84 unique players join and try the server. Kingdom balancing is settling into place and Epoch 1 is progressing. It certainly is different using a small cart to haul everything and having no access to priests or meditation. Never really used a small cart much in WO past my first week or two and until Des4 never had a real need to build palisades either. Spiders actually are fearful creatures again!

In addition to my work on the design and getting the server running right (automated 30 minute backups etc), there was tons of programming work by Army as well as mods, some custom, from WalkerInTheVoid, Ago, Sindusk and Bdew. Finally we had a team of 11 testers that helped us complete a test round about 5 weeks ago that really helped us critique the design and of course get rid of bugs. Truly a team effort to get a server running and now a team effort to keep it running and enjoyable for people to play.

Now if only I could determine why the server doesn't always appear in the WU server browser. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not and everything is configured in accordance with the directions.

Thanks again, greatly appreciated.

~Nappy

• Like 1

I don't know what CCFP or the affinities mentioned are.  It's good practice to put things in full first time.

Also it sounds like we still have the bs of simple meals not providing good nutrition.

pffft

7 hours ago, thunderclown said:

Also it sounds like we still have the bs of simple meals not providing good nutrition.

They provide good nutrition now and will provide good nutrition after the update, as has been mentioned several times.