Sign in to follow this  
Nappy

DesolationV4 - Evolution - Epoch 3

thunderstruck whoever you are...

STAHP TEH CRINGE TRAIN PLEASE

on a sidenote...you shouldn't brag about killing a naked guy over and over again, BUT HEY, your choice lads

8eXmhbj.pngy

opening mines after you dug down the dirtwall cause you know there is no way whatsoever to close it in this stage of the server is just griefing anyway....hope you guys had fun for the 2 weeks you occasionally logged in and started thinking "how can we ruin the game for everybody else today?"

Edited by Quicktor
  • Like 6

Ok, I have had two requests from separate kingdoms for a way to fix "mistakes" when tunnelling so the following new option is now in place for players until epochs arrive when players can do this themselves.

Any player who needs a mine tunnel entrance removed (ie. A tunnel mistake) may place a /support ticket with the coordinates of the bad tunnel entrance (hover over the compass when running the client compass mod to get the coordinates). A GM, most likely me, will come and close off the tunnel for you using GM powers. 

- There will be a 5 silver charge for each tunnel closed. You can provide this to any GM following the tile closure. We have GMArmy, GMNappy, GMTinkerbell and GMMootred currently playing on the server

- I will not perform this action during active PVP. An area must not have active PVP occuring in order for the tunnel to be fixed

Active PVP means actual combat is happening in the local area of the requested mine tunnel fix. So if there is fighting going on in my local while I am there then I will not fix the tile. Once the fighting ends then the fix would occur (ie. the sound of swords clashing with guide me).

While not a perfect solution this at least provides a way to fix something that is currently not player fixable due to the epochs.

Edited by Nappy
  • Like 1

What is considered active pvp? A fight or battle that is currently in progress? An area where pvp occurs often? A mine made by an enemy kingdom?

Edited by Iberis

Active PVP means actual combat is happening in the local area of the requested mine tunnel fix. So if there is fighting going on in my local while I am there then I will not fix the tile. Once the fighting ends then the fix would occur (ie. the sound of swords clashing with guide me).

5 minutes ago, Nappy said:

Once the fighting ends then the fix would occur (ie. the sound of swords clashing with guide me).

I already imagine how someone will come and practice on training doll in such place, so you will never fix the tunnel. :b

Edited by Xelat

I hope they do! Maybe then they will get over 20fs so that they pop death tabs when we kill them. xD

How about  Small sailing boat ?

And why we cant create large saddle?

Edited by Dancepwnz
  • Like 1

Just now, Dancepwnz said:

How about  Small sailing boat ?

I asked about this last night. It was acidently left out of this epoch but he said he'd introduce it in a later one.

Though I'd love to see some kind of challenge perhaps and if we suceed he lets us have sailing boats?? :D

Breaking news.... Troll king decides to replace all current weapons used by trolls with a new, more streamlined version

• Like 1

Epoch advancement has been restored to Desolation with a new mechanic.

/epochhelp 

[22:17:23] This server uses an epoch system. Each epoch unlocks new items and gameplay elements like better houses, vehicles or mounts.
[22:17:23] To end an epoch there are 2 things required: Research and Culture.
[22:17:23] Research is done by dropping required items in the epoch container thats hidden somewhere on the map.
[22:17:23] Culture is calculated by all roads, buildings and other things on the server automatically.
[22:17:23] To see the current progress and the required research items, type /epoch

/epoch

[22:17:26] Current Epoch: 2 - Epoch Progress: Research: 0% - Culture: 18%
[22:17:26] Epoch Items: (Item, minimum QL, value), short sword (20.0) - 50, stone brick (1.0) - 1, pickaxe (10.0) - 25

This means that currently you can drop bricks (> 1 ql for 1 point each), pickaxes (> 10 ql for 25 points each), short sword (> 20 ql for 50 points). There is a reward chance as well.

Progress will be monitored to make sure the goals make sense.

3 hours ago, Dancepwnz said:

Go jk, u can do full epoch 2, like hots did full epoch 1.

Already got 150 shortswords made will have 200 done soon.

plus a rare and a supreme :/

[08:24:39] Current Epoch: 2 - Epoch Progress: Research: 1% - Culture: 19%

I'm working on some roads and towers, as is the MR team :)

Gotta get that culture up!

Edited by Iberis

Towers and roads, lets freedom it up! Yes yes haha :D

• Like 1

Looking for more PVE players in the kingdoms to help us build towns, farms, roads and towers! The pvp players will protect anyone who wishes to help the Kingdoms and everyone is pretty safe on the home islands.

Thought this was going to be fun, had fun for a bit, but seems it should be a JK home server at this point. Too bad, great ideas. However kingdom balancing must be done...somehow, honestly I don't know how but it has to happen.

[08:56:55] Xype slain by Mizova Zleazy 

Well played to him coming out alone to fight. 

4 hours ago, Xyp said:

Thought this was going to be fun, had fun for a bit, but seems it should be a JK home server at this point. Too bad, great ideas. However kingdom balancing must be done...somehow, honestly I don't know how but it has to happen.

I agree. It is a good idea for people to consider switching kingdoms to better balance JK, BL and MR.

I think part of the problem is Wurm has been geared up to give all advantages to those with numbers. You lose CR for being attacked by multiple characters, you can't do Hota due to the larger kingdom setting their alarms and poking each other that are not even online at the time to come do Hota so why show up.

There is a lot to work on and I know Nappy is very interested in trying to find better ways. It requires small steps.

One Idea that I had, which is completely open to discussions and improvements, is to make some changes to HoTA.

• Remove Hota Timer from Settlement Info, this stops setting of alarms, poking to prepare, and gives an advantage to those who actually live on the HoTA island, living and building in more dangerous conditions. I was very upset that people living on Home islands under safer conditions were the ones logging on and poking people for hota just before it began, with plenty of time to get there. This is also after bragging about all their hota statues they have earlier that day.s
  • Keep the 10 minute alert but change it to 5 minutes, that encourages those living on the Hota Island to get in gear and get there, yet limits the ability for home island dwellers to get in gear and get there before it is over.
  • Randomize the start of HoTA so that nobody can accurately time when it begins.

The above changes, while just 1 small step would help keep HoTA from being dominated by one kingdom, unless that kingdom decided to move in and live in the more dangerous zone, instead of keeping back most of the day in their home island. The upsetting part was I was online, had been for a long time, with no help, building away trying to contribute to the Epoch culture, on the main island. I said oh it is about Hota time, nobody is on maybe I have a chance, then 20 minutes before Hota they start logging in, that is disgusting. They could not be bothered to play other than to keep us lesser kingdoms from having any chance of getting Hota Rewards, just again pumping up the bigger kingdoms making the lessers get farther and farther behind.