Sign in to follow this  
Nappy

DesolationV4 - Evolution - Epoch 3

3 minutes ago, Badget said:

Top loot:

3SES9hs.png

Is that the one you guys pushed halfway across Frontline Island? Would be appropriate if it was.

Spirit templars are def pretty strong, and with the repsawn timer..

57 minutes ago, Hakameda said:

Spirit templars are def pretty strong, and with the repsawn timer..

The 5 of you who came to our deed had it to bleeding in 20 seconds and dead 20 later, doubtful its any kinda strong with less than 2 people 1 limit seems fair any less and there is no defense when people aren't on you guys had no issue taking on our 1 templare and 1 tower  guard.  Now repairing seems a little op compared to bash timers but you guys tore the 1 templare down way to fast to say they are to strong and we should have none....................

that was our storage of shame lmao 

Edited by Quicktor

Quick restart to change following:

- Epoch advance - phase 1 - reduced rock shard requirement from 64,000 to 24,000 shards. Planned future updates will give us a few more options to make further changes. Trying to do so without increasing the grindy part of getting stuff there while keeping the goal of the epoch advance to something that takes time to complete. This may also mean that shard requirement could reduce lower still - undecided at this point. Epoch rewards are also available at a very low chance, nothing OP in the rewards.

- Club skill maximum limit reduced - unanticipated player usage of 45 ql clubs that come with trolls in combination with drawing the trolls to spirit templar on deed to kill the troll for the players. No real skill involved so reducing for this epoch anyway

- maximum templars allowed on a deed increased to 2 - 1 templar was not strong against 5 with clubs. With reduction of club max skill this will be monitored and changed again as appropriate if now too much in favor of defence

- fixed a bug with "nearby tunnel too close"

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Darklords said:

The 5 of you who came to our deed had it to bleeding in 20 seconds and dead 20 later, doubtful its any kinda strong with less than 2 people 1 limit seems fair any less and there is no defense when people aren't on you guys had no issue taking on our 1 templare and 1 tower  guard.  Now repairing seems a little op compared to bash timers but you guys tore the 1 templare down way to fast to say they are to strong and we should have none....................

Your templar was wounded when we got to deed, The respawing templar every 2 min were pretty much 3 hitting people. We could bash for a min or two before we had to back out from deed. 

Hello Nappy. Want to suggest you a few ways to lock each epoch. I think all of them should be doable. But even if not, we still can discuss them, as I am a programmer and can understand if there will be some technical issues and help find workaround.

The main idea - is to force people to make things they are really needed anyway, just those things will designate cap of current epoch. So it will not be a waste of time for anyone.

1. Build a specific (wood, stone) house, that have a X floors and top level have at least Y square of floor. Or it should be a Z amount of such houses.
  2. Have X amount of money on bank account.
  3. Build X kilometers of roads in total.
  4. Sail X amount of some specific boats (Sailboar, Knarr, Caravel) into some specific places simultaneously and when do so, in each place a pillar appears, which should be destroyed or something like that. If some boat left that special place - pillars disappear. The main goal is to force people make few top-level boats and have some people to drive them.
  5. Grow X tiles of plants in total. Grow Y player planted trees to overaged stage.
  6. Come in some place wearing X sets of specific armor, while all that armor parts should be <current level cap>+Y QL.
  7. Defeat some boss. Also it's good idea that boss spawn a minions say 1 minion for each player in a specific area per X minutes. So players have to find out optimal amount and kind of attackers, build a strategy. Also boss can drop a some rare items, so players of different Kingdoms can still fight for that loot.
  8. Sacrifice at specific altar X amount of specific tamed animals. (This one probably don't give anything to players, but still not so boring as digging rock shards)

Hope it will be enough for now, may be later I will come up with something else, if you interested of course.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Xelat said:

Hello Nappy. Want to suggest you a few ways to lock each epoch. I think all of them should be doable. But even if not, we still can discuss them, as I am a programmer and can understand if there will be some technical issues and help find workaround.

The main idea - is to force people to make things they are really needed anyway, just those things will designate cap of current epoch. So it will not be a waste of time for anyone.

1. Build a specific (wood, stone) house, that have a X floors and top level have at least Y square of floor. Or it should be a Z amount of such houses.
  2. Have X amount of money on bank account.
  3. Build X kilometers of roads in total.
  4. Sail X amount of some specific boats (Sailboar, Knarr, Caravel) into some specific places simultaneously and when do so, in each place a pillar appears, which should be destroyed or something like that. If some boat left that special place - pillars disappear. The main goal is to force people make few top-level boats and have some people to drive them.
  5. Grow X tiles of plants in total. Grow Y player planted trees to overaged stage.
  6. Come in some place wearing X sets of specific armor, while all that armor parts should be <current level cap>+Y QL.
  7. Defeat some boss. Also it's good idea that boss spawn a minions say 1 minion for each player in a specific area per X minutes. So players have to find out optimal amount and kind of attackers, build a strategy. Also boss can drop a some rare items, so players of different Kingdoms can still fight for that loot.
  8. Sacrifice at specific altar X amount of specific tamed animals. (This one probably don't give anything to players, but still not so boring as digging rock shards)

Hope it will be enough for now, may be later I will come up with something else, if you interested of course.

I am always interested in people's ideas. Thank-you for sharing these with me.

Let me think about them a bit more and get back to you ok? In the meantime hopefully you will keep having fun on Desolation V4

[00:36:19] A Spirit templar is dead. R.I.P.

[00:38:10] A guard has noted you and stops you with a warning.

2 Mins respawn??

Edited by zentil

How many people it takes to push a bsb in 30 mins

Badget
Frog
Hakameda
Plaguejuice
Trihard

Codeine
[NEW] Chefric
[NEW] Zentil

[NEW] Jaygriff

Bug Report: [01:04:18] Current Epoch: 1 - Epoch Progress: 5805/24000 rock shards

Can't add anymore shards, Not even a full bsb's worth

Added a total of 1934 shards before it stopped working

Edit: Some shards got duplicated, 300 something in this case

Edited by Hakameda

Thanks for reporting.

I can't find anything in the server log about this, but it's not working anymore as you described.

A server restart should fix it. A new version of the mod is almost ready to go, so we'll see if it's fixed then.

10 hours ago, zentil said:

[00:36:19] A Spirit templar is dead. R.I.P.

[00:38:10] A guard has noted you and stops you with a warning.

2 Mins respawn??

The respawns are on a fixed timer not a timer after they die, so the time it takes you to kill it includes the respawn timer I believe.

Server restarted and epoch advancement huge tub is working again.

Can we increase the amount of spirit guards on the spawn deeds or lower the spawn rate of aggressive creatures?

I can't move anywhere and I'm being camped repeatedly on the start token because the one spirit guards keeps dying trying to fight off the endless hordes of mobs coming at me.

I will increase the number of templars at the starter deeds. The goal is to help people get a start.Increased to two for now. Also cleared out a few trolls and hell hounds that were sniffing around a bit too close.

In case /support is usually a faster way to get help btw.

Edited by Nappy

i made a supreme small nail - it will be on my body  for the first person to kill me as a reward!

I still think 12k was a solid number for rockshards for the first epoch,

On a side note, Server does not show in list for me now. it did before the update. Something that got changed with update i assume?

4 hours ago, Hakameda said:

I still think 12k was a solid number for rockshards for the first epoch,

On a side note, Server does not show in list for me now. it did before the update. Something that got changed with update i assume?

We have plans for Phase 2 of the epoch advance improvements that should lead to less transport grind while making the overall goal useful.

Server goes in and out of the list. No idea why, everything is setup in accordance with the directions. Had a similar problem with Des3 when we ran on linux hardware.

PLayers- new and old - consider joining MR when you join the server. You may join my deed.

• Like 1

Rock shard mining simulator 2017...

If your looking for a smaller experienced group with a decent setup JK is waiting. We have they keys

• Like 3