Sign in to follow this  
Nappy

DesolationV4 - Evolution - Epoch 3

@Nappy New players are joining hots currently so dont think this , can only join MR/JK thing is working :)

1 minute ago, Thunderstruck said:

@Nappy New players are joining hots currently so dont think this , can only join MR/JK thing is working :)

Will check it out right away - thanks for heads up

well that doesnt bode well for this server if everyone joined one kingdom, reminiscent of Deso 3............

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Rhianna said:

well that doesnt bode well for this server if everyone joined one kingdom, reminiscent of Deso 3............

A lot of people have joined BL. 

However, people can switch to other kingdoms and the server has only been up for less then a day. Still plenty of time for additional people to join the server in a different kingdom.

Edited by Nappy

most of the main pvpers are in BL so.....dont know who is left to join other kingdoms tbh

One of the biggest mistakes made on Des3 from an admin perspective was moving people around kingdoms too early. Not making the same mistake this time. 

If most of the main hard core PVPers are in one kingdom well they are going to get pretty bored unless they decide to switch to another one.

true nappy ;p hopefully some of them will see the sense in converting, otherwise as you say its gonna get pretty boring very quickly :)

[01:20:18] Current Epoch: 1 - Epoch Progress: 0/12000 rock shards

Well they can always start moving rocks! grin

• Like 2

Im going to join JK if anyone wants to join me. Ill be home on sunday!

Come on guys, im working NOC shift, I need MORE INFORMATION! VIDEOS! PLEASE!

@nappy are the epochs per kingdom or server wide? also if its server wide, kind makes me less motivated to help the other kingdoms advance by adding rockshards, lazy kingdoms will get a free ride thru epochs

Don't know if you changed how speed and overweight movement works, but it says my max weight is 146 and when I have dropped every item and it says I have 1 weight total(from 1 toolI needed to make the minedoor) I am not able to pickup a 140kg of weight in 20kg rockshards.  Have also noticed if you go over heavy weight some times you will keep moving slower even when you have lightened your self up again and should be moving normal speed.

Edited by Darklords

[03:10:38] Current Epoch: 1 - Epoch Progress: 3448/12000 rock shards

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hakameda said:

[03:10:38] Current Epoch: 1 - Epoch Progress: 3448/12000 rock shards

Awe common on lets get some epoch 1 pvp in before its back to bison carts like every WU server I've played on next epoch =(, barley started half a day in and seems like we will be epoch 2 tomorrow =/

Edited by Darklords

No carts in Epoch 1 =(

40 rockshards in a small cart dragged to chest for Epoch 1

4 minutes ago, Hakameda said:

No carts in Epoch 1 =(

40 rockshards in a small cart dragged to chest for Epoch 1

Ya but in 2 its just going to be bison carts, no need for horses with bison carts( on most wu server thats what we just use for pvp no need for horses with bison carts even did it on the test server for deso only reason the guy died was thorn bushes when we got 1 kill) hope nappy disallows bison hitches to carts for epoch 2 or nerfs how OP bison are on carts because the draw to this server for me was no metas like that for what I though was going to be a little bit hopefully at least =P.

Edited by Darklords

why is everyone so negative? lol

well yeah the kingdom distribution sucks :/

but thats how it is i guess....

conversions are open, so people will leave BL one way or another

also pretty funny that alex complains about being killed

came onto a discord with like 15 other people and started yelling at me right after he joined the server for not driving him over to hota island

after all thats what he does right? something doesnt work how he wants it to work and then he tries to destroy it for other people

#dedication

Edited by Quicktor
  • Like 1

Are minedoors suposto be almost impossible to make?

25.84ql tool, 20ql rock shards from a 21ql pick(max i can mine), with 20 masonry and stone cutting and 21 body strength to pick up enough shards(which is 1 bs higher than I should have needed to pick up 140kg of shards) and I still cannot make a mine door what am I doing wrong?

8090ec10a56472e8b1d782411a2280e3.png

21 stonecutting needed to make stone minedoors

21 mining needed to put down minedoors

i guess its intended to not being able to reach that in epoch 1?

Edited by Quicktor

44 minutes ago, Darklords said:

Are minedoors suposto be almost impossible to make?

Disabled stone minedoors are intended for epoch 1, use wood doors instead.

But it looks like there is a bug with the carry limit, we will take a look at it.

2 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

if its server wide, kind makes me less motivated to help the other kingdoms advance by adding rockshards

Normally you would get rewards for helping, but they are disabled in epoch 1. Maybe they get activated the coming days.

1 hour ago, Darklords said:

before its back to bison carts

Hitching bisons will most likely be disabled in epoch 2. I will have to talk with Nappy about that again first.

Oh and: "Bored of your brown small guard towers? Don't worry, the amazing technologies of Army Industries™ will add cool kingdom colors to your local small guard tower soon! (For a small fee of 0,00$)" or something like that.

Spoiler

zc2KVmI.png

• Like 1

Did you happen to remove the bonus damage from carving knives on them? You 4 shot wood mine doors on enemy deeds if you didn't change it, at that point there is no use to use them they offer as much protection as wooden house walls which is none because they are 2 shot with carving knives to you might as well leave them open if you build anything on a pvp server out of wood.

Go and test it.

(They are disabled as bashing item)

I think the issue with carry weight has to do with how we configured bdew's movement mod. We will look into this some more.

There are various types of mine doors available to you for use. While typically people use rock and steel mine doors, we have decided to give the other types usage as well. Part of the design is to make it so that people have to decide if they want to update their base with newer, available equipment as epochs advance or take the risk of using older technology and being easier to raid later.

Good comments around the bison hitching. Will be looked into some more for later epochs. We have options.

Setting the first epoch goal was tricky because we weren't sure how high to make the goal. We can adjust it accordingly. Keep in mind as well that it's just a way for the server to indicate a desire to advance, doesn't mean it will happen right away. More goes into the advance decision then that. Think of it like doing a rain dance, might bring rain right away, might not.

We tried to consider as many things like carving knifes for instance as we could. One of the key things that we think many people enjoy in WO is the learning curve caused by discovery. We don't want to give away too much because this way you still get to enjoy the learning curve here.

[12:47:16] Current Epoch: 1 - Epoch Progress: 3448/64000 rock shards

I think 64k rock shards is a bit extreme Nappy dont think it should be much more than 15k-20k at most seeing as most people probably are not going to stick around if they can only play as a lesser version of a f2p wurm account for a month if their kingdom is actively grinding out the rock shards for that.

Edited by Claytonic

I think better way is let epochs advanse after a certain period of time, like 3 days, when requirements are met. We did not come to this server to mine shards anyway.

Problem is not only about mining, we also need to transport them.

Edited by Badget
  • Like 1