Sign in to follow this  
Nappy

DesolationV4 - Evolution - Epoch 3

[20:12:35] Chloedancer slain by Rhyfel Coolguy 
[20:18:51] Manawa slain by Rhyfel Coolguy 

[00:54:57] Coolguy has secured victory for The NothandThe Redh! (Coolguy´s log)

Good Hota

(Btw, is from yesterday. I didnt remember my forum account :P )

Edited by Rhyfel
  • Like 1

[14:22:24] Gmnappy neutralizes Battlecamp Hotel.
[14:23:17] Gmnappy neutralizes Battlecamp Charlie.
[14:24:18] Gmnappy neutralizes Battlecamp Zulu.

[22:19:43] Yeeahzz slain by Kainef Zleazy 
[22:20:10] Rhyfel slain by Kainef Zleazy 

[22:17:32] An aged angry black bear is tame no more. Lost my pet seconds before the fight started

JKM Now selling Hota  statues Collection to be arranged (name the statue). Will Get a Pricing List. (I expect 1-5s area at most)

Safe Passage also arranged

Edited by JockII

Nappy its just my thoughts but you should get rid of this whitelist/blacklist program.

4 hours ago, bogart said:

Nappy its just my thoughts but you should get rid of this whitelist/blacklist program.

I appreciate your thoughts.

The whitelist is the only effective method we have to protect the server community from some of the undesirables who cause issues on PVP servers. Since previous servers have mainly died from community related issues, the whitelist is here to stay until something better is developed to replace it.

If you are experiencing technical problems connecting or something drop me a /support and I can see how I can assist. From watching your login history it doesn't seem to be the case however my impression could be wrong.

[03:00:42] Cadmus slain by Zleazy Chloedancer Rokk 

Left his body and gear (took some coins)

Long fight, my combat bugged and couldn't target or anythign for a hunk of time at the start.

Story

With rumors spreading of a new supply depot, I took on a quest to try to discover it's location and reap some of it's rewards. Traveling across the battle-soaked ground of the steepe, drawing my map to mark locations of the newly constructed battlecamps, a new toy the gods could watch us fight over.  Heading north, i catch a glimpse of a rider. Moments later he vanished, certain it was an enemy on the same quest as i and my need to sate my own bloodlust the hunt began. riding over hills and through tree, i had found what i was looking for. A rider of MR. His action sand decision was swift, unknown to me he lead me to a battlecamp with several of his kingdoms guards, eagerly they lick their lips in hope of a taste of my blood.

A risky choice to engage but my need for blood had to be sated. To be sure of victory and ensure i had a retreat i released a messenger hawk of my location calling for reinforcements, uncertain he had done the same. As soon as the bird had left my arm, i was off charging down the enemy, aiming to strike out his horse from below him. He moved and counter my every swing, controlling his horse with prowess of a  great rider. Finally i land a devastating blow to the horse, rendering it crippled but to my own loss as the guard's assault. Vicious cut and slices tearing me apart, my wound no longer ignorable, each one screaming at my with pain. I had to pull back, my horse then takes a swift blow. A moment of panic takes me... Leaping from my wounded horse i land on another. Pulling away from a wounded opponent. Only a blink of a moment passes as i begin my retreat, my hawk had gotten through. Two shining Knights of jk had arrived, quick order and instructions shout at a passing glance. They took over where i had left off. 

Within seconds the MR rider acted, abandoning his wounded horse for his spare, he decided this beacon of safety would not suffice. Pushing his horse to ride it begins to gallop, it's pace is pushed to the limit but it is not enough. The swift onslaught of the jk knights had caught up and killed his horse. Tumbling from his horse he rolls seamlessly back to his feet. With a touch of luck and planning he darts to a wild horse, throwing a rope around its neck and leaping on, all in one swift motion. The chase was not long, his luck and skill had reached is limit. 

A quick blow from the Jk rider brings the horse to a slowing stop, I rejoin the fight to reap what i had sown. A quick death for an honorable opponent, his corpse left as monument of what had just happened here. 

Supply depot(s) have been added to Frontline Island. A few details:

- Unlike WO Depots spawn at random times (fully automatically) - for example, instead of every 10 hours like clockwork, depots may spawn every 6 hours + or - 3 hours.

- You are not allowed to camp a depot. This means you ride to a depot after hearing the depot sound go off (and the alert message appears on screen). You shouldn't be hanging around the depot waiting for it to go off

- Depots will randomly be moved to a new location every 1 - 3 days. The new location will always be on Frontline Island and it will not be on a deeded tile

- While individual depot locations may give a particular kingdom an advantage, over time it should average out so that no kingdom has had an advantage

- Depot loot will change periodically. It's a bit rich right now expect a slight downwards tweak

- The amount of loot you receive also varies based on random rolls. Sometimes there may be very little loot, other times you may collect alot

Have fun. Intent of this is to encourage people roaming to locate the depot. The recent addition of Battlecamps is to also give people a reason for adhoc fights. 

Expect additional changes in depot, battlecamps and HOTA as time passes.

[18:03:22] Rhyfel slain by Zleazy Chloedancer 
[18:08:29] Yeeahzz slain by Zleazy Chloedancer 

[18:08:29] You have just received the title 'Warrior'!

Good Fight, Insane damage from Guards .

Latency is absurd, along with the low kingdom pop bonus i hardly hit.

• Like 1

06-Dec-2016 20:58:57  Rokk reveals the Scale of Libila

• Like 2

[21:48:06] MOTD:Gentlemen ways are over. JK stopped respecting the bodys

You got disconnected from the server for some reason: <You are not whitelisted yet. Please check our website for more info: www.wurm-desolation.com>

Dance

49 minutes ago, Dancepwnz said:

You got disconnected from the server for some reason: <You are not whitelisted yet. Please check our website for more info: www.wurm-desolation.com>

Dance

Try again now.

42 minutes ago, Nappy said:

Try again now.

Same.You got disconnected from the server for some reason: <You are not whitelisted yet. Please check our website for more info: www.wurm-desolation.com>

Same error coming for my friend when he plan to join. I did support ingame. lets hope we fix this issue quickly so more players can have the fun we are having.

[16:37:10] Rhyfel slain by Manawa Kainef Zleazy Chloedancer 

Quick story 

3 v 4 on their deed between several towers. Rushed on deed after he made a mistake in the back and forth fight, with lots of guards on us we took the kill as a win backed out and left.

Well it was nice skirmish but lots of guards?

By the time 2 templars came, you 4 had already got the kill. So fair fight 3v4 and us having a good defensive advantage. Waiting for you once u came back from depot. 

Until then all should sac pumpkins man. 30 cap is too looooowww :wub:

Edited by Gaul

1 minute ago, Gaul said:

Well it was nice skirmish but lots of guards?

By the time 2 templars came, you 4 had already got the kill. So fair fight 3v4 and us having a good defensive advantage. Waiting for you once u came back from depot. 

Until then all should sac pumpkins man. 30 cap is too looooowww :wub:

this epoch is yours i did like 90% of research last one personally :P

1 hour ago, Dancepwnz said:

What skill rate was on epoch 1, 2?

And now?

Epoch 1 was 8 times skill gain, Epoch 2 was 10 times skill gain. Epoch 3 is current so no comment. 

Up until the 1600s in Western Civilization all things were broken down by elements. It was thought that these elements were air, earth, water and fire. Other parts of the world had similar beliefs, China had six elements I believe, other places had similar choices.

JK as a kingdom won the challenge that gave them the right to answer the question. As a result of random roll Manawa was given the decision to make on behalf of JK.

After the answer air was provided it was revealed that the following changes came depending on the answer:

air - faith can increase to 21, saccing now live in game, saccing of rare items could generate a rare bone

water - ship building increased to 50, ship transports may be built

earth - higher digging, higher sacing, coal piles

fire - catapults allowed, fighting increased to 50

Based on the answer, faith was increased 21.

A server wide discussion also resulted in digging cap being raised to 100, carp to 50, woodcutting to 50, mining to 50, fighting to 51. 

• Like 2

A very serious security problem has been reported for WU.

I have been in contact with Wurm staff about this problem. I have been assured that this is being considered as a high priority issue for WU.

Army and I are also reviewing our options using the anti-cheat mod. Unfortunately as a precaution until we have a good workaround in place I am shutting down Desolation temporarily/intermittently.

Backups on Desolation occur every 30 minutes so you should have no concerns around losing the work you have completed so far.

When I am able to be physically present on the server I will bring it online so that people can continue to play. My apologies about any impact this may have on your Desolation playtime plans.