Sign in to follow this  
Nappy

DesolationV4 - Evolution - Epoch 3

Why complain about it. Why not try and recruit people? Complaining gets us nowhere.

2 minutes ago, Xyp said:

Recruit who, from where? I only have PVE players who have no interest in PVP. Trust me I tried asking them to come help, they said nah I want to build my castle/hotel/roads etc.

Then try other methods. forums, etc.

Seriously, what's complaining going to do?

Edited by Anders

1 minute ago, Xyp said:

It is quite funny how JK thinks it is so funny, when they are completely alone they will quit laughing.

Isn't the problem that we are not alone?

Besides we have 5 people in jk online at most times. This means the server has 5+mr and bl all the time. I expect this to grow.

At peak we have 15ish in alliance.

2 minutes ago, JockII said:

Edited by Xyp

TAKING? 

both are friends of people in jk. people want to play with their friends. We have a few people who are pve'rs who joined to play with their friends. they have no real interest in pvp either.

I remember when everyone whinned because bl had a lot of people and got us to split in half, idk why jks not doing that now that theyre the zerg. It's harder to complain against a zerg when you are apart of one.

i've never complained of a zerg Instead, i recruited people and they recruited people and we as a kingdom have built up our numbers. 

I've recruited 2 pve'ers so far... I'm a pve'er. The thing I like about this server is that there is room for both here. Both are important. Also with the home islands it gives pve players a chance to taste pvp and slowly learn thus expanding the pvp community. By saying... oh I can't recruit anyone because they are only pve players you are turning away a lot of players that might really enjoy it here.

Edited by Iberis

pull back, regroup?

Ally with mr? 

Try get them to convert bl or vice versa?

point i'm making is you always have options.

Edited by JockII

I agree, there are 6 active players on the BL home island right now. Regroup perhaps? Ally up with MR?

I've already said I think Jk should be locked to new players. The only reason we had 2 new players is because one of my friends joined wanting to play with me and one of Jock's friends joined wanting to play with him.

Also like to point out that 95% of jkers are first time/new to pvp.

Hell they are so carebear i keep finding plant pots round the deed!

Edited by JockII

I don't really get this defeatist mentality where if the enemy has a few more players or won over a certain area of the map that the game is over and there's no point playing anymore.  it's extremely easy to start over somewhere else, to recruit new players and to catch back up specifically because of the epoch system

If JK keep recruiting Hota for MR might end up like this...

1 hour ago, JockII said:

Jk continues is recruitment plan! With 2 more recruits today! 

Will Mr and BL catch up?

Will they find the people!

Toon in on the next epoche!

I haven't read any replies after this note yet however I am going to make a gentle ask.

Kingdoms are heavily imbalanced to the point where some kingdoms may soon cease to exist because of the perceived imbalance and fear of an inability to fairly compete. While I recognize and relate to a desire for people to play with their friends, I do make an appeal to all players on the server to consider helping with kingdom balance.

This can be done via:

- Converts to other kingdoms, MR and BL that need players. Need help, put in a /support asking for a conversion

- Encouraging new people to join the other kingdoms for balance rather then just making a single kingdom even more dominant in terms of numbers

This is not a Server Owner directive, this is a common sense request to help with getting the kingdoms better balanced. If we don't do this as a server community then at some point the server may be one kingdom's home island rather then experience the joys of relatively balanced combat.

I can force balance however my preference, as always, is to not intervene. I would rather players make the smart choices needed to keep the server strong, vibrant and fun.

1 hour ago, Iberis said:

I've already said I think Jk should be locked to new players. The only reason we had 2 new players is because one of my friends joined wanting to play with me and one of Jock's friends joined wanting to play with him.

We have a bug in the kingdom selection lock at character creation so unfortunately that's not working right now. Hoping to look into it during the weekend.

Accounts that have played at least a total of 3 hours since server launch and have also logged on since Wednesday November 16

JK - 13 players

Anders
Chloedancer
Jaziera
Kainef
Khouri
Mizova
Nappy
Nifrom
Rampage
Rokk
Satyrns
Zaramoth
Zleazy

MR - 6 players

Alexisjr
Ciik
Darkt
Remeliss
Sleepy
Xype

HOTS - 7 players

Bogart
Codeine
Hakameda
Lasin
Lordbobsaget
Tinkerbell
Valo

6 new players have also joined the server in that time however of those six two appear to have been alts and those alt accounts have been disabled. Some of the new players have not yet reached 3 hours of playtime so they will not appear in the list above.

If you decided to start a new player account instead of using your original character, place a /support ticket using your original account and I will disable the original account and reenable the new account instead.

Edited by Nappy

Would it be possible to get more of a breakdown on what gives culture %? Since we get a breakdown of what gives the different values of research %

:D

2 minutes ago, Iberis said:

Would it be possible to get more of a breakdown on what gives culture %? Since we get a breakdown of what gives the different values of research %

:D

Currently (meaning as epochs advance we may augment this list, there may even be a future time where flower pots and statues make a difference):

- Road tiles

- Guard towers (higher ql = higher points)

- Building walls

Guard towers and building walls are worth more per tile then road tiles.

Also research and culture work differently when epochs start. 

- Research will always reset to 0 with each epoch start

- Culture is more like an index. So let's say we need 50,000 points of culture for this Epoch to be at 100% culture. For the next Epoch let's say the number is 100,000 points to reach 100% at epoch end. Since the culture index never resets to zero but continues to grow at the start of Epoch 3 the culture number would be 50% rather then 0. 

The culture index in a real way shows how a server is advancing. Right now it is reflecting infrastructure since the focus is on roads, buildings and towers however with time the focus could shift to include farmland tiles, statues, transportation stuff like carts, wagons, ships and even into bred animals. This will allow expansion of the concept to include more play styles and be much more inclusive of things people like to do thereby avoiding the grind aspects that are possible with culture.

Does walls only include buildings? Or does it include pallisades, fences, low stone walls? Hedges?

2 hours ago, Iberis said:

Does walls only include buildings? Or does it include pallisades, fences, low stone walls? Hedges?

Buildings and bridges, not fences etc.