Sign in to follow this  
Nappy

DesolationV4 - Evolution - Epoch 3

@TaucetiYour way of playing is perfectly fine and acceptable. It's actually the nice thing about Wurm, it's all a sandbox so you can make the choices you want to make as a player.

The home islands on Desolation do indeed have the same defensive advantage that exists on Epic. It's part of the zone system that's been put intp place.

We do have more content coming that will enhance and strengthen the home island experience so while many players went straight to the HOTA island that's mainly because in modern WO there is really no benefit to being on the home islands if you are of the warrior class. We intend to change that by having the home islands contribute in a way that makes them important to the warriors.

Keep having fun!

In what ways do you think work on the home islands will be most useful?

Right now I feel like me and maybe other people that do stay and aren't actively pvping aren't really liked and considered dead weight and useless.

I know on normal wurm people that craft and such are more useful since they spend more time doing time consuming activities like making a ton of bricks or having really high crafting skills.

My worry is that with the skill level cap skill gain increase and increased action timer gathering things needed for pvp won't be a big deal at all and most of the people pvping will very easily be able to quickly provide everything for themselves, making them not even consider the help from people on the home islands.

Edited by Tauceti

[23:39:15] Mizova slain by Anders Nappy 

Oops

4 hours ago, Tauceti said:

In what ways do you think work on the home islands will be most useful?

Right now I feel like me and maybe other people that do stay and aren't actively pvping aren't really liked and considered dead weight and useless.

I know on normal wurm people that craft and such are more useful since they spend more time doing time consuming activities like making a ton of bricks or having really high crafting skills.

My worry is that with the skill level cap skill gain increase and increased action timer gathering things needed for pvp won't be a big deal at all and most of the people pvping will very easily be able to quickly provide everything for themselves, making them not even consider the help from people on the home islands.

I think nappy said fighting bonuses amoung other things from home island contribution, Which would make it pretty important depending on the strength of the buffs and such

[19:46:21] The venerable fat green dragon has been slain.

4 people killed 1 dragon and you all have 25FS and studded armour? what bug you use for that? 

Rokk slayed The venerable fat green dragon

Chloedancer slayed The venerable fat green dragon

Jaziera slayed The venerable fat green dragon

Zleazy slayed The venerable fat green dragon

Edited by Thunderstruck

3 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

[19:46:21] The venerable fat green dragon has been slain.

4 people killed 1 dragon and you all have 25FS and studded armour? what bug you use for that?

I am interested in hearing more about the slaying too. Perhaps post the story up here.

I know that on DesV3 we had a few dragons go down pretty easily. In general WU dragons are thought to be weak. Would like to know the background so if there is something we need to fix we can do so.

This dragon wasnt even a hatchling which is why its sus as, if you can drop a fully grown dragon with 4 people and 25fs without a bug, GG

Edited by Thunderstruck

They used an exploit. I guess nothing can be done legit anymore ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was disappointed when I was told in the teamspeak I was not allowed to help. I was really excited about being able to take screenshots, write a story about the slaying and just enjoy the feeling of being part of a team. Unfortunately I was told I was unable to come with the dragon slaying team, I understand the reasons and respect the reasons. But I am still heavily disappointed, left feeling like an outsider, detached from the rest of JK. Unwanted I suppose. I know Zleazy made it clear it was not a personal thing, the choice was made purely on trust and that takes time to build. But it doesn't mean that it's not hurting right now.

Humm Seems that dragon was just as easy as on deso 3

wait...

25 Body str Vs  50 Body Str

0 Sotg vs 30% Sotg

Studded ql mid 30-40  vs  Full 90+ glimmer steel

25 Weapon skills vs 98-100 weapon skill

low defense skill vs 98-100 Defense skill

25 stance vs 98-100 stance

0 enchants vs enchants

0 priest heals vs Priest heals

0 Champs vs Champs

Edited by zentil

Because He obviously pre planned a bug to use with only 4 people and didnt want to show others how it works ;)

Edited by Thunderstruck

This dragon slaying took over 5 hours, over 100kg of cotton and a lot of set-up time. We used our brains and beat it over 2 hours of combat time. Nothing more to it. Never mind the time it took to get the 40+ ql weapons made.

• Like 1

[07:36:10] <Zaramoth> the kind of people who see a naked noob holding a bow in a boat and say his trollslayer title makes him a hacker

• Like 1

If everyone knows about your exploit and even gm's use it for WO, You shouldn't mind sharing it, It's public knowledge right?

1 minute ago, Hakameda said:

If everyone knows about your exploit and even gm's use it for WO, You shouldn't mind sharing it, It's public knowledge right?

First of just saying it's my exploit doesn't make it an exploit.

if it's public knowledge go find it. welcome to ask the Gm's also, see who would be willing to share it :)

it's only worth hundreds of euro's.

" In video games, an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, gamesystem, rates, hit boxes, or speed, etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers."

- Players who actively cheat, use exploits or promote an atmosphere of distrust due to cheating and exploiting are welcome to play somewhere else. If you truly are a great Wurm strategist, prove it without using unfair advantages -Nappy 2016

Edited by Thunderstruck

Seems awfully defensive for something that's legit and you want to keep secret cause it would probably get fixed

2 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

" In video games, an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, gamesystem, rates, hit boxes, or speed, etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers."

so everyone who parry trains on a pig is a hacker?

hell, by that logic pushing a bsb to a huge tub to rush a epoche is a hack. wasn't intended.

[06:46:23] The venerable fat green dragon has been slain.

[06:46:23] Rokk mauls The venerable fat green dragon extremely hard in the stomach and irritates it.

[07:53:56] You are currently using the title  [Dragonslayer].

Edited by JockII

9 minutes ago, JockII said:

so everyone who parry trains on a pig is a hacker?

hell, by that logic pushing a bsb to a huge tub to rush a epoche is a hack. wasn't intended.

Think you derped, wasnt intended by nappy sure,

"exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, gamesystem, rates, hit boxes, or speed"  

Pretty sure pushing a bsb is a intended game mechanic :S

Edited by Thunderstruck