Sign in to follow this  
Ostentatio

Allow growing crops/bushes under some bridges

Currently, the underside of a bridge can only have grass planted, not crops, bushes, or trees, just like the inside of a building.

This is pretty limiting, and is often unrealistic, especially if the bridge is very high off the ground or a small rope bridge.

I recommend allowing crops and bushes to be grown under all rope bridges (since they have no supports, are only 1 tile wide, and don't block the sun much), and also under bridge sections that are significantly high off the ground, especially for bridges only one tile wide.

This would allow for much more flexible use of bridges in village designs. For instance, this is one of the reasons I haven't seriously considered a treehouse-style deed, with buildings linked by rope bridges instead of roads.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FranktheTank said:

also want houses built under them so I can see little shanty towns appear

I would 115% love for bridges to be able to criss-cross each other and pass over buildings... but I get the feeling that's a much taller order due to how structures work. Would be amazing though.

• Like 1

just no... you can have trellis under bridge already, planters....

3 minutes ago, Sila said:

just no... you can have trellis under bridge already, planters....

Out of curiosity, why not? I don't really see any gameplay or realism-based reason. Obviously I don't think you should be growing crops under a 3-tile-wide marble bridge 20 feet off the ground, but a rope bridge, or a single-wide bridge 10 stories up really shouldn't be much of an impediment, should it?