Sign in to follow this  
LorraineJ

I need to know this about Fo heal

2 hours ago, Mclovin said:

Adapt or be destroyed

This coming from the segment of the playerbase who shrieks at eeeevery change, including once upon a time about the addition of multi-story housing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mordraug said:

This coming from the segment of the playerbase who shrieks at eeeevery change, including once upon a time about the addition of multi-story housing.

Maybe we'll all move to Epic

1 hour ago, Mordraug said:

Well yea... it made raiding much slower and people raised concern over it.

The actual functionality of the multi-story was cool etc.

However "older" fortified fortresses that actually got 5+ story longhouses was predicted and currently is a nightmare.

There was talks by devs about battering rams to counter that though by blowing up the bottom level and thus make the building collapse... but that idea kinda went "poff".

So yea, people didnt wanna spend days shooting multistory buildings.

Todays compact multistory-internalgatehop-buildings is a completely diffrent challenge timewise comparable to raiding of the past.

Edited by Zekezor

Too bad Fo priests couldnt keep the battering ram crew alive due to menuspam enforcement.

Thats okay, roll another barrel of tar over.

######. Why dont we have battering rams and seige warfare?

Legit siege warfare, not offline raiding.

ITT freedomers complain about LoF being bad while they don't know how LoF works.

if someone went from wounded to wounded in a LoF cast they probably had stacked small wounds. Stop shield training with a horse while you're fighting dragons or whatever you're doing.

14 hours ago, Mordraug said:

the more posts i see from you, the more shortsighted you seem to be.

good thing you aren't responsible for running a business

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Soil said:

ITT freedomers complain about LoF being bad while they don't know how LoF works.

You are correct! Not that I complained about LoF. I complained that Heal stopped working the way it used to work when Fo was chosen in this toon.

When I almost killed the crab, I clicked on it, and I did not see a spell called Light of Fo. It wasn't amongst the choices, nor were the lesser type heals (cure light, medium and serious). What would happen if I cast Light of Fo next to the crab? Would it have healed completely? How does the resistance thing work in this situation? Did I have to search for particular wounds and then see cure medium etc. and do them one by one? Are those lesser heals also nerfed?

I don't have time for this and I don't enjoy it. Not everyone plays the same way, desiring to be on for hours on end doing busy work, running back and forth saccing and wasting favor. Once again the dull grind to enjoyment ratio has been adjusted toward the monotonous. All the humans on earth who can bear this tedium are already playing. There will not be an influx of new players as the repetition and time wasting increases.

4 hours ago, Soil said:

if someone went from wounded to wounded in a LoF cast they probably had stacked small wounds. Stop shield training with a horse while you're fighting dragons or whatever you're doing.

You'd think that is the case, mostly though its spell res kicking in since we do our casts at 1 min remainig on cooldown (20% of players won't be effected).  Waiting longer results in a drastically higher death/retreat and patch up rate (which in turn raises the death rate among the people left outside as they get horribly ganked), waiting any less and the amount of people not hit is just terrible (40% at 2 mins, though a pair of tandam casting fo priests can usually beat these odds but dear gods is that expensive).  Do remember this is a PvE rift where 30+ players are relying on 2 fo priests, even at 20% thats 6 players who are not getting healed (on average) with a regular cast or 12 players who are not getting healed if its cast at 2 mins cooldown ;)

@LorraineJ

• It would have done nothing to the crab but it would have healed you (not sure if it would heal a pet crab)
  • The amount healed is strongly determined by the number of wounds (5 wounds max) with the amount healed based on the spell (minimum amount healed is 6 on those 5 wounds so a minimum heal of 30 if you have 5 wounds with at least 6% damage each, if you have 3 large wounds at a minimum power cast it would only heal 18).
  • If spell res kicks in it negates the spell entirely, though it doesn't reset spellres to full.
  • No, it an AoE spell so no menu searching is needed.  The radius of the spell is power linked and has always been power linked.
  • To my understanding no, just the 2 most useful heals in battle situations.  Those cooldowns are the real killers.

Long story short, LoF is really handy when healing a group of 3 or more players.  For everything else you're better off using the smaller healing spells (cure light backed up with cotton generally works well).

14 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

For everything else you're better off using the smaller healing spells (cure light backed up with cotton generally works well).

At this point, sometimes Heal is not working at all. How do the smaller heals work? Do I have to dig down to a particular wound? Are those smaller heals nerfed too?

maybe time for video commentary on how to do the "difficult" (if you can call it that, lol.) content in the game if people are actually this affected by this change?

Edited by Propheteer

6 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

maybe time for video commentary on how to do the "difficult" (if you can call it that, lol.) content in the game if people are actually this affected by this change?

Sure, I'd love to see how to completely heal a newbie or pet in one go with the new nerf. I would totally appreciate it.

18 minutes ago, LorraineJ said:

Sure, I'd love to see how to completely heal a newbie or pet in one go with the new nerf. I would totally appreciate it.

Two questions, right.

One, why are you bringing newbies to what is advertised as endgame content for high end gear? To further compound this, why are these new players encouraged to attend this endgame content unless the difficulty was already trivial? Why are they also not expected to die?

Two, why are you bringing pets to anything? They are horrible in combat and have their CR reduced by half for being tamed. No pet survives long enough in any scenario to be of any help. (Or does enough damage, minus zombie troll w/ 2h)

Barring that, and just going with the newbie comment on particulars for rifts. It is not possible for you to die at a rift if you properly leash mobs or use a hop. Nothing would even hit you hard enough that you couldn't heal it with cotton. Uniques, sure if aggro isn't maintained properly or if there are AOES i can see this being an issue, but only mildly.

Edited by Propheteer

43 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

Two questions, right.

One, why are you bringing newbies to what is advertised as endgame content for high end gear? To further compound this, why are these new players encouraged to attend this endgame content unless the difficulty was already trivial? Why are they also not expected to die?

Two, why are you bringing pets to anything? They are horrible in combat and have their CR reduced by half for being tamed. No pet survives long enough in any scenario to be of any help. (Or does enough damage, minus zombie troll w/ 2h)

Barring that, and just going with the newbie comment on particulars for rifts. It is not possible for you to die at a rift if you properly leash mobs or use a hop. Nothing would even hit you hard enough that you couldn't heal it with cotton. Uniques, sure if aggro isn't maintained properly or if there are AOES i can see this being an issue, but only mildly.

What?? Who is talking about rifts or endgames? I'm not talking about group events. I just want heal to completely heal, as it used to when this character became Fo.

Also, it's worth it to bring tortoises to fights.

Also, what is a hop.

Part of pvp meta.

Basically you f1, bind space /say "hops"

Or something to that effect.

10 minutes ago, Makarus said:

Part of pvp meta.

Basically you f1, bind space /say "hops"

Or something to that effect.

PvP is very viking, you drink a lot of beer and have bar room fights, I think...

the regular healing spells (cure light/medium/serious) are still very viable in non combat scenarios (PvE outside of the rift zone, after a fight, healing up, etc), they do heal based off cast power, but have a much lower difficulty

6 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

the regular healing spells (cure light/medium/serious) are still very viable, they do heal based off cast power, but have a much lower difficulty

"viable" is a questionable term for these spells due to the way you cast them. (we have requested improvements to its usability for a long time)

They work if there isnt an emergency to heal someone and you as a healer got plenty of time to look through a persons wounds... Basicly it's magical cotton.

Edited by Zekezor

1 minute ago, Zekezor said:

"viable" is a questionable term for these spells due to the way you cast them. (we have requested improvements to its usability for a long time)

They work if there isnt an emergency to heal someone and you as a healer got plenty of time to look through a persons wounds... Basicly magical cotton.

Yes, in combat situations there are limitations to it. I more meant in most PvE situations and the scenarios with the crab Lorraine is referring to.

Just now, Zekezor said:

They work if there isnt an emergency to heal someone and you as a healer got plenty of time to look through a persons wounds... Basicly magical cotton.

and if the person you are healing does not move more than half a meter away from you

that window closes so incredidly easy if someone moves around even a tiny bit

extremely frustrating

"hahaha i'm mad that some people figured out the most efficient way to play so i'm going to make a stab at them being on "for hours and hours" like we both don't play the same game that'll get them i'm such a good memer"

40 minutes ago, Cornchips said:

"hahaha i'm mad that some people figured out the most efficient way to play so i'm going to make a stab at them being on "for hours and hours" like we both don't play the same game that'll get them i'm such a good memer"

What on earth are you talking about?

You know, nevermind, you frequently post after me in an unpleasant way with things that are completely unrelated to whatever it was I was saying. I have to imagine you're trying to make me laugh. Thanks for trying.

Edited by LorraineJ

1 hour ago, LorraineJ said:

What?? Who is talking about rifts or endgames? I'm not talking about group events. I just want heal to completely heal, as it used to when this character became Fo.

Also, it's worth it to bring tortoises to fights.

Also, what is a hop.

I was talking about the more difficult content, endgame content, which in a PvE sense would be rifts and uniques, no? As i see it being one of the few things you might need a fo priest for in such a manner that resistance might cause an issue.

I would heavily disagree and I honestly cant think of a single scenario where a tortoise would have benefited me, or those around me. (A bison, maybe, but unlikely). Why would you use a tortoise? Zombie trolls if youre BL and champion crocodiles do more damage. Bisons are much more tankier.

Hop is a minedoor on a closed mine, a house, four fence gates, that sortve thing. A barrier to break combat.

Edited by Propheteer

6 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

I was talking about the more difficult content, endgame content, which in a PvE sense would be rifts and uniques, no? As i see it being one of the few things you might need a fo priest for in such a manner that resistance might cause an issue.

I would heavily disagree and I honestly cant think of a single scenario where a tortoise would have benefited me, or those around me. (A bison, maybe, but unlikely). Why would you use a tortoise? Zombie trolls if youre BL and champion crocodiles do more damage. Bisons are much more tankier.

Hop is a minedoor on a closed mine, a house, four fence gates, that sortve thing. A barrier to break combat.

I hadn't originally (or at all) brought up resistance. But I'm glad people did, I didn't know about it. My complaint was about nerfing Heal.

Tortoises can kill trolls. People have brought them to rifts and they help but you need to keep an eye on them for heals. Zombie trolls IDK about, do you mean a Mag priest dominating one and bringing it?

Ty for explaining another definition of hops. Ty everyone for the definitions of hops.  :D

8 hours ago, Propheteer said:

the more posts i see from you, the more shortsighted you seem to be.

good thing you aren't responsible for running a business

I'd have split the code, for one.  I'd also have let the hell horses be, let the fountain packs be, sped the guards back up on Freedom, removed the taming nerf (CR and more than 1 pet) for Freedom, let Freedom do PMK's of their own for that extra customization without having to rely on Chaos for bling ... you know, features to bring in players instead of antagonizing them with haphazard removals thereof.

And I know you LOVE this, so imma copy it then ignore your rant on how that somehow "means nothing":

wurm_player_spread.jpg

Buuuut as I said before, the WU community thanks you.

• Like 1

edit, actually going to write a proper reply

38 minutes ago, Mordraug said:

I'd have split the code, for one.  I'd also have let the hell horses be, let the fountain packs be, sped the guards back up on Freedom, removed the taming nerf (CR and more than 1 pet) for Freedom, let Freedom do PMK's of their own for that extra customization without having to rely on Chaos for bling ... you know, features to bring in players instead of antagonizing them with haphazard removals thereof.

And I know you LOVE this, so imma copy it then ignore your rant on how that somehow "means nothing":

wurm_player_spread.jpg

Buuuut as I said before, the WU community thanks you.

First off, my comment about being happy about you not running a business directly relates to your condescending replies related to a style of play you personally don't appreciate regardless of the income it generates from its playerbase, and the hundreds of silver involved in its economy around wardeeds, dragon armor, and tomes.

You're clearly ignorant and you get most of your information from personal experience and personal experience alone without much regard for the long game and the other situations it could be used in. You mentioned we "shriek at every change" and listed Multistory houses as an example.

Consider the facts:

1. Wurm Online is a game where PvP and PvE are advertised.

2. For the PvP part of the game, it is also a sandbox and mechanics such as conquest and raiding are advertised

So, when you add in a feature that at the surface is great, it fits in amazingly with the sandbox style of the game, but you don't consider how one side of the game could be effected to the point where it requires them to spend much more hours to make any progress as well as relearn an entire mechanic that was commonly used with no certainly on how it works because the dev team randomly decided to redo that too without making any mention of it?

"Oh i don't understand how these PvPers could be so upset about Multistory houses." Well, it added about five, six hours to a raid on average because it changed the way catapulting works. Not even considering the fact they let bugged parapets remain in the game for months, that prevented you from progressing in a raid at all because they could not be destroyed, resulting in certain deeds that were made to take full advantage of this that you could not break into. Outside of that, you also created another meta, which requires new players to get more skills to build more ###### which requires other players to take down more ###### to progress and in a sandbox game where players end up having to make everything with no assistance from the game itself, you result in people quitting because the developers continuously encourage poorly balanced mechanics like that. ######, you still can't even catapult certain walls of multistory houses and you can still repeatedly build a floor plan to prevent any damage on any wall below.

Does that seem like a proper feature to add when your players and your trailers and everything else advertises raiding? Don't even get me started on the rest of the ###### multi-story caused, i could write a book about this ###### and the exploits, bugs, and meta changes that came with it (especially when no punishment is also the name of the game here.) I could write a 12 part book series on changes like this and the ###### it caused and whats so sad about stuff like this is that these problems were pointed out clearly and definitively before release, and were not addressed.

You mentioned a codesplit, if you did a little looking you would've been able to see a code split is pretty much unanimously supported, it is a lot of work for the dev team, but it is unanimously supported. Something like this would solve a lot of problems certainly, it still doesn't take away from the fact that additional bugtesting, feature rework and creative brainstorming would be need to done before adding these new features without them being full of issues.

Shortly after the codesplit, you then brought up changes that were made on a whim by the dev team (without any consideration to the PvPers or PvE-ers who expressed concerns with these changes) and of course, if you look at your post history, you always run around blaming it on the other half the community instead of taking a minute to read. I can't comment on the remaining two examples as i've always been in support with them and can't really offer a differing opinion.

As to the playerchart, i'm not sure what you are trying to post here. Are you excited that this game has ###### for players, or are you calling myself and others seers for predicting that WU would kill this game? It's lost almost 50% of its playerbase in twelve months, I don't think this is a problem with one side of the community, I think it was a problem with how things were handled, lazily and without vision. It shows, considering the PvP population took a huge dent because players who can put up with a little cheating now have the opportunity to play on bug free servers with features fixed and implemented in a way that caused nobody distress, but even so, the majority of WO's playerloss was from the PvE side. As to why, i can't say, but i certainly don't think it was because of issues like not being able to have more than one pet, or because the game was made a little bit more challenging and they were too lazy to learn to adapt.

So if they thank me for reporting a lot of the bugs i had already reported on the WO forums to a few of these WU server owners, i appreciate the shout out, your welcome.

As for you, my point still stands, look at the big picture, especially when sandbox PvP used to be a huge selling point for this game and it could easily be so again.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

...the majority of WO's playerloss was from the PvE side. As to why, i can't say...

I've said this again and again: nerfs, griefing especially when it's selectively allowed by authorities, and dull grind. If there was a Mac port I'd be gone too.

You made a long post saying that someone was ignorant, but you're basically saying the same thing he and I said. The code has to be split, or flags put in to allow or not allow certain actions on each side.

I had no idea of the problems that multi-story caused on PvP. But if someone had posted to complain about it, I wouldn't have considered to jump into the thread and say "deal with it" "learn how to play good" and such unhelpful sentiments.

• Like 4