Sign in to follow this  
LorraineJ

I need to know this about Fo heal

Can whoever nerfed the Fo heal spell please tell me why? Why did this one of few useful spells on this priest have to be ruined? Right now humid drizzle and charm are the only unique special spells on this priest that (at least I) sometimes use aside from the ones that new priests also have. Was there a reason to make Fo worth even less? I don't want to hear about how it should have channeling built up. When the decision was made to become Fo, the heal wasn't linked to it. It was part of the decision to become Fo. Why did this have to be ruined now?

The main reasons I know for people quitting this game are the tedium, the griefing (especially when it's condoned by authorities), and nerfing. I'm not including the PvP reasons, I don't know them well enough. Why do you court even more players quitting? I know other friends who have Fo are also disgusted. They were having fun with their Fo alts helping with heals at group events. Now there is no reason to premium these alts. In the case of another friend, the Fo is his main. Thanks for taking away some of his pleasure. If there was a Mac port for WU this would be the end of my prems and deeds. I am still considering it even without WU. And don't think oh big deal, it's just the one player and her friends. I'm not the only one feeling this way. All you did by this nerf is piss people off and lessen their enjoyment of the game. I would not recommend this game to anyone. I will never get another person to try it. Why do you like to encourage this kind of feeling with your paying customers? Who did you just benefit by this nerf? I honestly want to know.

• Like 1

Players quit whether they make changes or not.  Someone will always disagree with a change that is made.  Sorry you disagree, but every other Fo priest knows there's other useful heal spells.

Fo's full heal spell was balanced to rely on cast power, with light of fo healing 5 random wounds with a minimum of 6 damage up to a possible cast power / 5 (effectively 20), totaling a minimum of 36 damage healed If a player is injured severely.

While they have been changed from full heals, they can still be incredibly effective, cure light, medium and serious are still easy casts too.

Ultimately, you won't need 90 channeling to be effective with it though

• Like 1

Method

1. Activate your deity's statuette
  2. Right-click a wound
  3. Select Spells > Cure serious

needs to be in range to target, open a window, search, select, then cast ( unless it's changed recently )

vrs 

1. Activate your deity's statuette
  2. Right-click a tile.
  3. Select Spells > Light of Fo

Maybe be some of the issue, as most things in Wurm are made with extra hassle by design.

• Like 3

What was the point of even taking damage if you could just heal to 100%.  It was a heavy nerf maybe a little too heavy.  Though it was infinitely more balanced than it's previous  functionality. 

• Like 2

Ease of healing would go a long way without all the mouse clicking imo, balancing could be done with favor etc like the changes tried to address, it just seems so clunky like most of Wurm's combat in the year 2016.

If Combat is being overhauled making healing less hassle should also be included, without having to pull up the left middle toe via a menu to drop a heal.

• Like 1

Is this a change that will make it less fun/impossible for less than top skilled players to participate in rifts/unique slayings or will the spell still be useful?

57 minutes ago, Aeris said:

Is this a change that will make it less fun/impossible for less than top skilled players to participate in rifts/unique slayings or will the spell still be useful?

well the spell was changed a long time ago and not one person complained until now

we get along fine with dumdums on epic that refuse to listen and love to get to bleeding/dying all the time and just one person with just cure light handles it all pretty well.  i imagine a larger freedom group with lofs, more cures/heals/etc should be able to handle it. if not they probably should stop wearing leather armor with bear helms and equip for the task

• Like 3

how recent was this 'nerf'? I haven't had problems with LoF at rifts except that people moved around a lot.

The topic starter was informed about these changes by me a few days ago.

Personally I don't go to the hunts anymore as I am to low skill to be useful, nor as fighter or as healer.

MrGary, I did indeed complain when it came out and pretty much left forums  (and game) for weeks because of that also.

And it is not the rifts that is the problem, it is mainly the hunts.

I also don't send my healers to rifts I go with my main trying to reach a fs where I can be of use at the hunts.

All in all this means the average player get excluded from this kind of events.

Before I could be useful even thou I don't have70 fs since I could send my priest to participate instead.

This healer crap priest ofc is now unpremed and wont be premed again.

My Nahjo can cast Genesis just as well and have other good uses also.

Looks like even if devs say no to ever removing prem, they keep removing reasons to prem.

Edited by Cecci
added (
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, MrGARY said:

well the spell was changed a long time ago and not one person complained until now

I wasn't complaining though, I was genuinely curious since I haven't really been playing since they changed it and haven't heard about it before. But thanks for the information about how to not dress in a fight, never would've guessed that putting a bear butt on your head would prove useless in battle ;)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MrGARY said:

Everyone on PvE complained. You just decided not to listen to them / us. Hell yeah, 4m30 to wait for a heal, yeah, right so cool, oh wait, i'm dead. Yup, perfect balance, tyvm.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Odynn said:

Everyone on PvE complained. You just decided not to listen to them / us. Hell yeah, 4m30 to wait for a heal, yeah, right so cool, oh wait, i'm dead. Yup, perfect balance, tyvm.

don't bite off more than you can chew

2 minutes ago, KyleBooze said:

more than you can chew

On that case, it's mostly unique, which means that you want a perfectly oiled machine if you want to survive.with your usual amounts of players... So yah, no more life line, a ###### doing stupid things can get everyone killed. Also meaning that not only the priests loose interest, but not that reliable players can't be invited as well if they get everyone wiped.

So yeah, not really tied to the heal nerfs rant, but one of the reason behind it.

Cant they just nerf stuff to oblivion in PvP only, and not screw over the PvE crowd every other update, just to cater to the 10 people who "pvp". ?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Aeris said:

But thanks for the information about how to not dress in a fight, never would've guessed that putting a bear butt on your head would prove useless in battle ;)

I don't think he meant you specifically, there's an awful lot of people who seem surprised how easily they die when they dress aesthetically rather than practically :P though it doesn't matter how well they gear up when they suffer a lack of situational awareness or the sense to back out before things become dire.

• Like 2

Now this is not a topic about armor, but about healing.

Odynn speaks from own experience, and rest assured that he does not go to trap and tank the uniques dressed in cloth!

2 hours ago, Odynn said:

The spell resistance is a modifier that ticks down with the timer, starting at 50% chance to resist against it. Casting while your resistance is down to 2m-ish will only be 20% to resist, etc.

• Like 3

in what event would you actually need a full heal on freedom, when in all cases you can just back up to a hop(mine or locked house) or even just out of range of danger lol

I feel that lack of coordination is prob the primary concern for this.

Edited by TradingAlt
  • Like 1

i actually dont think the spell resistance is unreasonable in any way with how it decreases like that too

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SmeJack said:

I don't think he meant you specifically, there's an awful lot of people who seem surprised how easily they die when they dress aesthetically rather than practically :P though it doesn't matter how well they gear up when they suffer a lack of situational awareness or the sense to back out before things become dire.

Fair enough, just wanted to make sure my post wasn't unclear. Plus the idea of people wearing those ugly bear hats in battle really cracked me up :P

• Like 2

Last time I healed at a ven raging red dragon fight the whole thing was a mess because I tried to invite a wider range of the community. 40 people going at it, I cringe at the thought of trying to right click select every person. That kind of community fight dies with the fighter per tile ratio and even more so if we let the less fortunate die due to lack of heals. Not everyone can afford the fancy armor.

Honestly, add more useful spells like a small health regeneration per tick spell or a buff on health for X amount of minutes. Not asking for aoe either.