Sign in to follow this  
TradingAlt

[Chaos]Alliance members can't attach locks on allied deeds.

As stated in title, alliance members can't attack locks on allied doors. Even when giving full management permissions, and added by name etc.

We were able to do this before the new permission system and this is a remaining bug that hasn't been addressed yet.

I spoke to a CM (Explora) they told me that you shouldn't even be able to attach locks on any unfinished building. I told them this shouldn't be the case because in pvp catapults kill doors and you shouldn't need the entire building finished before attaching a lock to a door.

Note: citizens/mayors can attach locks, but alliance members can't attach locks on a deed they are not a citizen of. (this is the issue)

6 minutes ago, Sin said:

explora is correct

That's not the way it was in the game for years before the new permission system came and messed up a lot of things in the game.

i remember before the permission system not being able to add locks if you didn't own the writ.

its w/e, i think everyone should be able to add locks anyway, simply an inconvenience and would be a good qol change more so than it would really affect pvp.

+1, if this is turned into a suggestion.

Edited by Propheteer

Aye, prior to the permissions overhaul from Tich one was always able to attach locks on finished doors of unfinished writs, long as they had the permissions to be doing so. EDIT: All the game cared about then was whether there was a door there to begin with. Justified concerns over players walling themselves in.

Recall this being mentioned a few times in the past since the overhaul; though, no idea if its on the actual bug list, or if a Dev or relevant staff have mentioned if it is unintended behavior yet.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

I look at this as almost a requirement. How can you defend a friendly deed that's being raided, if you can't build a house with doors or gates, and actually lock them....

Edited by TradingAlt
added gates
  • Like 2

This is working as intended.  If you'd like to suggest a change, use the suggestion forum.

Looking at the ROLE setup screen, you will notice that attach locks is blue - meaning a citizen role only.