Sign in to follow this  
nicedreams

Keep Compass On Death In Chaos! Please?

I don't see this being an issue for PvP, but it sucks being new or even while a veteran player losing your compass when you die in Chaos.

I honestly don't understand how you can not have a compass in this game.  This game is literally not playable without a compass if you don't have a clue where you are and dying in Chaos then not having it is just.......wtf.

Or maybe someone can tell me how to survive without a compass in chaos.  Not knowing if you are going north, south, east or west after dying is ridiculous.  I've even brought a noob compass to chaos and lost that when I died too hoping it was a no drop in Chaos. :(

I've seen a deed token to show me the way, but then you run away in a panic from a monster and then from looking around you get lost and don't know if you are going north or whatever anymore.

No problem loosing everything in Chaos, but the compass?  Come on now.........  You don't give us any other accurate ways to navigate like looking at the stars or sun and planet positions without a tool.

I've been stuck in the woods in real life and got out by looking at the sky and remembering what time of day it was to track the sun.  I've tried that in this game, but Sol isn't always where you think it is and since day moves fast you lose track of it quickly.

no, i like looting compasses and letting them rot on my house floor because i never use them

• Like 3

The server you need the compass on the least is Chaos.... Just look at the White Light and Black Light.

• Like 1

I forget about those lights.  That's a good landmark for direction at least, but don't always see the light in the woods if on the west side of chaos.

Sory nice, I had to vote for hoppy's dream of hoarding compasses, dreams are dreams:rolleyes::lol:

6 minutes ago, Hoppy said:

no, i like looting compasses and letting them rot on my house floor because i never use them

There are plenty of ways you can figure out direction without a compass...

Doing /weather and then watching how the grass/trees sway, or watching how the clouds move is another, and lastly if you have any landmarks nearby or in the distance, such as mountains, lakes, ocean, or as stated the white/black lights, you can cross reference those to the ingame map.

• Like 3

######, man.

It takes less time than a 80ql90woa compass takes to settle to triangulate landmarks and confirm wind direction.

If you need help, I can teach.

I wouldn't say no to an effective 1ql auto compass (edit I mean like, you always have a compass to see even if you don't carry one) if possible so that even if a noob anywhere drops/loses their compass somehow they'll always have that super slow compass, all in the name of a little ease of qol for noobs.  For not noobs you obviously don't want to wait a year for your compass to settle so you'll still even run for a 30ql compass over that so they'll always still be a need for compasses just as always

Edited by MrGARY
  • Like 2

A super slow compass for a backup would be nice, but I guess that's part of the challenge of Chaos.  Thanks for the tips. :)

Well for starters, if you die and belong to a village you will be respawning at a village or the capitol as choices. If you need a compass to find your way back at that time you better have a spare or someone send you one.

If you are playing a non-prem/freedom account and just running around scouting or what not, tough luck.

i like getting decent compasses as loot

i wouldnt care either way for a noob compass, indifferent there.

Mmm mixed feelings on this. The implementation of noobie tools switching from nodrop to drop in pvp deaths was implemented to counter various abuses.

Granted I'm not currently aware of any abuses related to compasses... :ph34r:

Personally I get around fine even without one, especially on Chaos long as the Lights stay in known positions, unless sailing in deep fog or deep underground. For or Nay is all the same.

Edited by Klaa