Sign in to follow this  
Kadmint

Animal movement while interacting

I have found cows and sheep constantly moving while milking, shearing and breeding them and I find it very annoying. So suggestion is that make animals stop moving when interacting with them. 

• Like 3

or using a rope and keybinds +rope/bucket/scissors on belt

And when you have over 20 cows and sheep in pen, you want to rope each one of them at the time? I find it a bit inconvinient.

EDIT: Also, those are the two animals that I know that wander constantly. No other animals do that. So would be great to have equal movement activity amongst all animals.

Edited by Kadmint
  • Like 1

That's why you have keybinds:

bind q lead

bind e milk

bind r shear

rope 4 animals, do your thing, release them, move to next 4 with a halter rope

problem is that animals walk away from players.. and you lose track of which you've milked/sheared.. and have to 2-3-4x check most of them..:wacko::rolleyes:

edit:

-----

+1 I guess...

but any mechanic have something annoying.. else it's boring to just rotate and click once the keybind.. gets really easy to just pack 6 animals in 2x2 pen and just rotate and shear, move to the next 2x2 pen and so on.. until you run out of pens or get tired to shear/milk:unsure:

Edited by Finnn

Just now, Finnn said:

That's why you have keybinds:

bind q lead

bind e milk

bind r shear

rope 4 animals, do your thing, release them, move to next 4 with a halter rope

problem is that animals walk away from players.. and you lose track of which you've milked/sheared.. and have to 2-3-4x check most of them..:wacko::rolleyes:

So the problem does exist whether you have the keybinds or not. :P 

Build a 2 tile pen with 2 gates to breed them in.  They won't move then when breeding.  I use 1 gate, but 2 will let you pass completely through the pen depending on how you design it.  Mine are against a wall so just 1 gate, but still a 1x2 tile pen.

12 minutes ago, nicedreams said:

Build a 2 tile pen with 2 gates to breed them in.  They won't move then when breeding.  I use 1 gate, but 2 will let you pass completely through the pen depending on how you design it.  Mine are against a wall so just 1 gate, but still a 1x2 tile pen.

I know this and have done it on my own deed, but as I live on a someone else's deed nowadays, I am not able to build such penned area. 

Edited by Kadmint

2 minutes ago, nicedreams said:

That's what I've been using for horses 1x2 with 2 horses, no diseases ever... and rarely things get packed .. but ofc.. there's packed tiles from time to time as animals are ANIMALS<_<

hitting so many keys over and over like you're this guy so you can milk or whatever no just having the animal stop moving is fine ok +1

iVHfwLc.gif

• Like 2

It's already so time-consuming. Having to lead and unlead just adds to the tedium.

• Like 1

Technically while milking, one already has them... in the hand.

Kidding aside, aye very much for this as a very small and nice QoL improvement. The roaming feature was implemented as an immersive QoL to begin with, preventing overgrazing and death.

• Like 1

+1 to animals focusing on the player while they are interacting.  Otherwise, regular roam for reasons mentioned by Klaa.

• Like 1