Sign in to follow this  
Wilczan

Abandon ship/vehicle/building option (owner only)

Owner has an option "abandon" on his object.

Abandoned object sets owner to none. Any player trying to embark/enter got info that it is abandoned and got options:

- claim - write ownership to current character

- not now - leave at it is but ask every time again

- reject - do not take ownership and do not ask again

Also there could be an option, that if abandoned object is not used/entered longer then a month, it's decays 10 times faster.

This will allow players to use not needed boats/vehicles and houses. And abandoned objects would decay faster if none would need them.

Edited by Wilczan
  • Like 11

I think it's fine if people want to abandon something but I don't want a monthly schedule for boarding boats and entering houses we have enough chores

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

I think it's fine if people want to abandon something but I don't want a monthly schedule for boarding boats and entering houses we have enough chores

I wrote about already abandoned objects (owner used abandon option on them) - only then they would decay faster, after month of non using.

Edited by Wilczan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Finnn said:

Any reason or just freedom "It would hit carts/wagon/ships market when new players could just get them for free instead of boughting them from players"?

• Like 2

nvm.. at first thought that you want to revive an old practice of claiming just about anything found on the map, if this is really only for option that have to be chosen by the owner..

no harm done, no need to spam freedom/gl/forums.. to giveaway things

such items could even have some specific color or effect to show that they're claimable..

+1 if this is optional setting, nothing set by default<_<

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Finnn said:

such items could even have some specific color or effect to show that they're claimable..

+1 if this is optional setting, nothing set by default<_<

Good idea

They should allow you to take over anything that is over 80 or 90 damage left off deed.  I've seen rare ships decay to nothing and I wish I could have saved and taken over the ship or cart or whatever since it was past 80 dmg.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, nicedreams said:

They should allow you to take over anything that is over 80 or 90 damage left off deed.  I've seen rare ships decay to nothing and I wish I could have saved and taken over the ship or cart or whatever since it was past 80 dmg.

Naaaahhhh.... nahh.. that's old and quite ugly practice, we're getting back to deeding and robbing stuff that way, if it's not yours or left to be taken by anyone.. let it rot.. or repair /imp it.. leave it be and shine there, never been yours, no harm if it goes away.:mellow:

Edited by Finnn
typos typos... blahblah
  • Like 1

Good suggestion Wilczan. Sometimes when I no longer want a cart I will just remove the lock so anyone can use it but your idea is much better to allow someone to take over these items and have full function of them for themselves.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Yes. Lets avoid returning to the old salvage model. I would have lost my knarr and wagon during time away. 2 years idle decay on the coast, 90damage!

+1 op. You choose to abandon the vehicle, leaving it open to be claimed by anyone

I could build a open impound lot next to my deed, junked wagons on blocks, rowboats on wagons, on blocks.

Glorious.

• Like 1

+1 here too, very good way of handling things you don't need/want anymore, but are useless to others the way they are left now!

• Like 1

in my experience, if a person wants to abandon something they'll just abandon it.
they won't care enough to flag it `abandoned` such a thing requires a degree of empathy and will, to engage the interface in the first place.
it's like expecting every suicide to leave a note.

I believe if this function was in the game, less than 5% of abandoned projects would be affected.
still, my experiences might be marred and pessimism may be affecting my rationale. 
so

+1

Edited by Steveleeb
  • Like 1

10 Effective quality, ownership and lock dissapear it then becomes Salvageable.  New ower takes owernship when they put a lock on it.

Face it, if someone lets their boat decay to 90 damage ( or cart, wagon whatever ) then they didn't want it to begin with, or they've quit, or they've abandoned it and moved to a different server.

Edited by Stormblade
  • Like 1

bump

Let people get rid of unused stuff so other people could get full rights of an item (became an owner of abandoned vehicle/ship), instead of stacking unused things to decay in the wild or on the lava tile.

I like the idea. There are plenty of temporary carts that could find a loving owner that way