Sign in to follow this  
Tich

Cooking update feedback

unable to combine 2 different qls of cream, no option to do so.

Same with ketchup.

IMO this should be possible , going with average or the lower ql, as the quantity of liquids will matter, otherwise we will just have to throw out the odd qls.

Edited by Ratheden

Am I doin' it right?

dagwood.png

It's worth noting that a dagwood sandwich can't contain some things it maybe should, like fileted meat or mayonnaise. However, you can somehow make it out of nothing but several slices of bread.

EDIT: Catapulting the 12.76kg dagwood sandwich at a fence did not damage the fence.

Edited by Ostentatio
  • Like 1

Interface seriously seemed clunky, I think a copy of the crafting recipe table, would fit better.

• Like 1

Feedback seems to be getting a bit muddled between here and the other thread, so I'll cross-link Propheteer's post since it is stirring up what seems like valuable (if heated) discussion:

Are Rock Salt veins going to be spawned in place of existing rock tiles and other tiles? or spawned in empty possibly non-reinforced tile space?

Also are they going to be EVENLY distributed around the server and not in clumps and clusters like we see now with so many type of ores and other veins like marble and slate?

My concern about this stems from after they spawn on the server seeing the mountains riddled with nothing but wholes of folks looking for the rock salt deposits as well as those of us with existing mines are just SoL so to speak since we've mined just about all our rock tiles out.

When attempting to make butter using a fork with milk the cookbook gives no indication of a minimum amount of milk required and if you have too little there is no menu option to even tell you that you have an insufficient amount, it just leaves you assuming it's broken.

On 26/10/2016 at 6:20 PM, Stormblade said:

Are Rock Salt veins going to be spawned in place of existing rock tiles and other tiles? or spawned in empty possibly non-reinforced tile space?

Also are they going to be EVENLY distributed around the server and not in clumps and clusters like we see now with so many type of ores and other veins like marble and slate?

My concern about this stems from after they spawn on the server seeing the mountains riddled with nothing but wholes of folks looking for the rock salt deposits as well as those of us with existing mines are just SoL so to speak since we've mined just about all our rock tiles out.

• Rocksalt

• Rock tiles that would have produced salt when mining will now be shown as Rocksalt veins (this may take a day or two to show), but have a limited life (e.g. you get 45-50 rocksalt from one).

• The Rocksalt can then be ground into salt using a grindstone. You can get more than one salt from each Rocksalt depending on your milling skill.

• Veins that had salt in will be unaffected, e.g.you will still be able to get the random salt when mining them but they will show as the vein type.

In other words, if a rock tile produced salt (you will find salt here!) it will now show as a rock salt tile. If it was a vein that gave salt, it will not change.

sorry i mistake this feedback on other forum...

==================================================

i found some different name in native language on sushi name

im japanese people so i write in japanese language.

" before = after "

surimi sushi = kani sushi or crab sushi (蟹寿司)

sliced crab on rice ball called in japanese kani sushi, kani = crab

tomago sushi = tamago sushi (玉子寿司)

tamago = 卵、玉子 in japanese

i hope change that name please

Surimi is called Kanikama or Kanikamaboko in japanese.

but  In the western countries kanikama is called surimi. so i think ok...

6 hours ago, Xneo said:

sorry i mistake this feedback on other forum...

i found some different name in native language on sushi name

im japanese people so i write in japanese language.

" before = after "

sliced crab on rice ball called in japanese kani sushi, kani = crab

tomago sushi = tamago sushi (玉子寿司)

tamago = 卵、玉子 in japanese

i hope change that name please

I have changed tomago to tamago. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

• Like 1

I am not sure where to post it, so I am posting it here. This is not on the test server anymore, but on the normal game Celebration server.

I discovered the "unfermented berry gin" recipe today by combining the right ingredients and it was added to my cookbook. I took the liquid I made, put it in a wine barrel and used a kindling on it. It worked and I got the "fermening flavoured gin" recipe. The recipe works well and everything works well, but when you open your cookbook, you get this:

r1GduMG.jpg

Note that the recipe says "unfermented gin", not "unfermented berry gin". And it's in red, telling me that I don't know that recipe, which is correct. So, just a small glitch, as the recipe works well, but reports the wrong ingredient in it.

I didn't seen any bugs yet.

I just wanted to say i like how is the cookbook now

3 hours ago, Valdor said:

Note that the recipe says "unfermented gin", not "unfermented berry gin". And it's in red, telling me that I don't know that recipe, which is correct. So, just a small glitch, as the recipe works well, but reports the wrong ingredient in it.

Thanks, I noticed the same a while ago, and have not been able to fix this issue.

• Like 1

Not sure if it is a bug or just the "size" of a pig.

Some pigs can be put on a stake, others can't. I didn't pay much attention to it, but it seemed only Old and above could be roasted over the campfire.

Oh, also. "Game Meat" worked in a recipe. (Formerly known as) Cooked Meat did not. The Lore said it was no known recipe but the new meat had a recipe. 

The (Formerly known as) Cooked Meat might need a conversion to a basic type? Just a suggestion if that is what is causing it.

On 11/25/2016 at 8:34 AM, Audrel said:

Not sure if it is a bug or just the "size" of a pig.

Some pigs can be put on a stake, others can't. I didn't pay much attention to it, but it seemed only Old and above could be roasted over the campfire.

reported under server bugs and fixed with today's update.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/147396-fixed-some-of-the-raw-roast-animal-recipes-have-issues/

• Like 1

Tich can you clarify how many tiles of flowers or size of area is needed for a domestic hive, say 70ql and how many more for a 90ql hive? I am trying to figure out if the plot of land I set aside for my hives is going to be large enough for the amount of hives I will eventually end up with,

Are stills working right?

I have been running 2 70ql still for about 6 hours and i get around 0,8kg per hour from them, 0,4 per still.

Cooking whisky, 22ql.

So just making one barrel of the stuff will take something like 48hours that sounds way high.

3 hours ago, Mazak said:

Are stills working right?

I have been running 2 70ql still for about 6 hours and i get around 0,8kg per hour from them, 0,4 per still.

Cooking whisky, 22ql.

So just making one barrel of the stuff will take something like 48hours that sounds way high.

Yeah it feel like 0.01kg per minute which is really really slow but atleast you can divide up the liquid between many stills and do it in parallel. It would be nice to see that sped up to at least 0.05 per minute considering how fast you drink it.

As for general feedback with beverages, it seems to have very little reward to no reward when compared to the time and skill and effort needed to make the drinks. Starting with the skill gain, I spent 1 hour sleep bonus grinding from 5 to 10 skill making strawberryade which has a difficulty that is optimal for my skill (5). At this rate beverages is one of the slowest skills in the game. Then about the drinks, for starters strawberryade gave no affinity, might just be one that doesn't for me, but when you compare this to a meal like bangers and mash or meat stew with dumplings at equivalent quality, the drink is useless. I have 4 hfc which took which took me around 5 minutes to get without sleep bonus and I was able to make something that gave 70%+ ccfp and a 32 minute affinity. Now you might be thinking that strawberryade is a easy to make recipe and thus shouldn't give much of anything, however even when you make a more difficult drink that requires fermentation for 6 days such as ale which has difficult to produce ingredients, it gave a 3 second affinity, no ccfp and minimal effect on water levels. Not only that, I drank all 2.5kg in one tick (might be a bug). If beverage making should remain this difficult to grind, the benefits should at least be better than hfc.

I had 3 active domestic beehives in the middle of the area I created for beehives and after a day the production of honey/wax seems to be down to just one of the 3 hives, have spread them out now, I was hoping to be able to keep them all in the far corner of the deed to avoid the buzz spam, but now this does not seem that it will work.

I just made a fairly complex and recipe today (finally) the black forest gateau and in terms of the amount of work I had to put in and it's difficulty etc. I was really hoping it would be a named recipe, but now I'm a bit bummed out that it isnt.

Is there a specific logic behind "named" recipes or is it arbitrary which ones are named? And could it be that it's more about recipe variation than anything else?

A locked beehive can be picked up by anyone, they need to be planted. As a friend of mine just tested with one of Tich's hives. Tich, plant your beehive!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

A locked beehive can be picked up by anyone, they need to be planted. As a friend of mine just tested with one of Tich's hives. Tich, plant your beehive!

Kind of off topic, but that is a good rule for anything, Jake. If you can plant it, plant it. Otherwise, it grows feet and wanders off.

Edited by Audrel
My post is kind of off topic, not yours. LOL

6 hours ago, Audrel said:

Kind of off topic

Not really, its all part of the cooking update.

3 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Not really, its all part of the cooking update.

My post, not yours. :-)