Sign in to follow this  
Tich

Cooking update feedback

Please add the bugs you find in here together with reproduction steps (if possible).

Sometimes if you have more than one of a necessary ingredient, it says you need to add more of that ingredient instead of telling you to remove all but one.

Not quite bugs, but suggestions:

• Distilled liquor possibly shouldn't fill up your water bar, and should either get you more drunk per sip or have smaller sips (0.20kg is a lot of vodka).
  • Pesto pasta recipe please!
  • Need to be able to make wine with sugar, not just maple syrup.
  • Like 2

Recipe: ravioli in spiced butter sauce

[10:47:06] Small parcels of pasta filled with cheese in a rich, creamy sauce. It can not be improved. This has a good nutrition value. Made by Perodin on day of Sleep, week 4 of the starfall of the Saw, 980.

Does not ask for blue mushroom, instead calls for dry pasta even when dry pasta is in the sauce pan.

Perodin/Ratheden

Edited by Ratheden

sweets don't seem to go into a larder - tested with mint humbugs and orange drops.

Not entirely a cooking bug, but I set my characteristics to 90 (180kg at 100%). I was carrying approx. 120kg of weight and I was only able to move around at a crawl: 3.5-4 km/h. Seems characteristics may have been bugged. 

While there is a 'close' button, the 'x' is missing where the close button would normally be expected.

While you are using the cook book to look items up, it is all to easy to get "You answered an old question. It has timed out over 15 minutes or been replaced by a more recent." This makes it very difficult to use while learning.

1 hour ago, polarbear said:

Not entirely a cooking bug, but I set my characteristics to 90 (180kg at 100%). I was carrying approx. 120kg of weight and I was only able to move around at a crawl: 3.5-4 km/h. Seems characteristics may have been bugged. 

For some reason when you set your characteristics, you need to log out and back in for the server to recognize that they have been increased.  Even though it says 90, its not acting as 90. 

15 minutes ago, Stormblade said:

Weapons not showing as equiped in paper doll.

This is an oddity with the test server for the first time you try to equip.  Logging out and back in should then show weapons and shields normally.

1 hour ago, Wulfmaer said:

While there is a 'close' button, the 'x' is missing where the close button would normally be expected.

While you are using the cook book to look items up, it is all to easy to get "You answered an old question. It has timed out over 15 minutes or been replaced by a more recent." This makes it very difficult to use while learning.

That was done so the server known what recipe you are viewing. As the X just closes the window but the close button sends a command back to the server.

Made note of another issue here. Sorry if it was the wrong thread.

Edited by Ostentatio

Just noticed a serious bug.

I had olive oil in a pottery jar, then right clicked cider vinegar inside an amphora, and clicked "fill".

Instead of adding cider vinegar to the jar, it simply increased the quantity of olive oil.

Rice

Chopped Oniion

Chopped Carrot

Chopped Fish

Oil  

At this point : [22:03:00] Have you tried adding ground any spice?

1 ground Any Spice  added *tried 1 of each kind, 1 at a time only*

Each time : [22:04:22] The items inside do not make any known recipe.

Test items were: cumin, nutmeg, paprika  and  turmeric

Edited by Ratheden

I'm not sure if I was doing something wrong, but when I needed to make cooked rice, it kept suggesting that I add rice. I think I had 1.00 water and like rice x 34 when I gave up. Same thing happened when I tried to make a recipe that needed cornflour. 

Also, how does testing work? I understand we are getting the bugs out. But, will the recipes be different by the time this feature hits the live server? The way we are going, a good chunk (if not all!) of the recipes would be discovered by then.

Edited by realedazed

1 minute ago, realedazed said:

I'm not sure if I was doing something wrong, but when I needed to make cooked rice, it kept suggesting that I add rice. I think I had 1.00 water and like rice x 34 when I gave up. Same thing happened when I tried to make a recipe that needed cornflour. 

Yea, this has already been reported, it actually only wants 1 rice in your case.

• Like 1

Feedback to suggest sandwiches have an exception to be permitted to eat when full so as to not make the stamina regen mechanic redundant

• Like 2

Omelette Recipe Broken

I believe it should be

Egg

Tomato

cheese

mushroom

BUT

it completes with just egg and only tomato or cheese

27 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

Feedback to suggest sandwiches have an exception to be permitted to eat when full so as to not make the stamina regen mechanic redundant

If i add an exception for them, then they would not give any CCFP or Timed affinity

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ratheden said:

Omelette Recipe Broken

I believe it should be

Egg

Tomato

cheese

mushroom

BUT

it completes with just egg and only tomato or cheese

Sounds like its working as planned. Why should you need all four?

I also noticed we can no longer see the difficulty of a dish placed into a cooker. In my opinion this is a bad move; with so many dishes of such varying complexity and value, there's really no intuitive or organic way for people to tell what is or isn't more "difficult", so it would be nice to get that back.

EDIT: Also it would be very good if we could use enchants (CoC, WoA, BotD) on as many sensible cooking utensils as possible. Not sure if that's the case currently or if items like forks are even enchantable. Mentioned to Tich in IRC and they suggested I put it here.

The use of the right-click crafting interface for so many things is also cumbersome in ways that the crafting window was meant to alleviate. Having to go through multiple submenus after a right-click in order to create something is a bit of a drag.

Edited by Ostentatio

1. Please give us an option to not show the CCFP bars. Make it like sleep bonus can be toggled to show/hide.

2. Does eating a opulence buffed food item when you got ~5% foods still cause a fasting? I've made 90-ish ql meals with 90+ opulence and when I eat those with low food% it ends up doing a fasting first followed by consuming the food. It be great if this wasn't happening.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joedobo said:

1. Please give us an option to not show the CCFP bars. Make it like sleep bonus can be toggled to show/hide.

2. Does eating a opulence buffed food item when you got ~5% foods still cause a fasting? I've made 90-ish ql meals with 90+ opulence and when I eat those with low food% it ends up doing a fasting first followed by consuming the food. It be great if this wasn't happening.

For further reference, I made a bug report on this (including the cause) a while back, so hopefully it is indeed being addressed:

Copper Stills.

Crafting recipe window, should show Copper Sheet, iron silver ect won't work, must be 2 copper sheets.

[21:19:00] You see a still under construction. Ql: 26.238235, Dam: 0.0. The still needs 6 iron rivets to be finished.

Change to 6 rivets to be finished, since can use both iron and copper rivets

Can't be bashed like Forges and Ovens when dropped or planted - should be able to bash one. 

No messege about who planted the still when examined.

Fits inside forge. If taken out of a forge and it's not 'glowing hot' you can't snuff it to pick it back up
once dropped, have to light it then snuff it to pick it back up.

Can be improved while on the ground as long as it's lit, to check if glowing have to see temp on boiler inside the still.

Raising one more potential concern, just to be a pain:

I haven't tested this on the cooking test server yet, but...

In the current game on the live servers, nutrition of ALL food is improved if the food is hot when you eat it. The cooking update introduces a lot of food that it doesn't make sense to eat hot, like ice cream and salads. Does the new system account for some foods being best when hot and others not so much? How does that work?

Edited by Ostentatio

17 hours ago, Tich said:

Sounds like its working as planned. Why should you need all four?

[21:44:46] A hearty omelette with cheese, mushroom, and tomato. It is hot. It can not be improved. This has a good nutrition value. Made by Perodin on Wrath day, week 2 of the starfall of the Digging, 980.

You would need all 4 because the ending description says it has all 4 in it.   IF that is not meant to be the case, and it is one of any of the 4, i would request a change in the wording to something like: A hearty omelette with cheese, mushroom,  OR tomato.

So, another following lore that gives "The items inside do not make any known recipe."

Starting with a sauce pan, add chopped pumpkin

lore suggests adding ground any spice, add  ground cumin   (a better lore wording be "any ground spice" rather than "ground any spice")

lore suggests adding chopped carrot, add chopped carrot

lore suggests adding diced any meat, add diced meat, beef

lore suggest adding water (300% of solids), (solids come to 1.85) add water - other recipes will tell you if you have the wrong amount of water, but...

this gives "The items inside do not make any known recipe."

tried replacing the cumin with flour, and get "You think this may well work when cooked in a different cooker." trying a pottery bowl it suggests adding dough, which then is back to "The items inside do not make any known recipe."

After trying a few things, back to the sauce pan - with chopped carrot, wheat flour, chopped pumpkin, diced meat (beef) and less water (so no spice add), and I get the message "Not enough water, looks like it should use between 5040 and 7560 grams." add water to bring it into this range and get "You think this may well work when cooked in a cooker.", so looks as if the suggestion to add any ground spice is an error (or many be it is any spice, but just not cumin).

This produces a 'beef casserole'. The meat casserole recipe does not have chopped pumpkin, but does say '1 or more' chopped carrot. Maybe this should say 1 or more chopped vegetables.

Edited by Wulfmaer