Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Now we're cooking!

12 minutes ago, Block said:

Is the cookbook UI design final?

I ask the same, i have some trouble to understand how works the book and about proteins etc, im completely lost XD

• Like 1

I tried to fill a measuring jug with oatmeal, and it turned into porridge.  Bug?

Aye, some kind of notice in events for learning new recipes would be handy. Even if something basic, similar to gaining a new title.

Also some items don't seem to count as food items for the larder shelves, and yet the food bin refuses to take them for fear of destroying.

One such I've come across so far is croutons.

• Like 2

The whole cooking system sounds like an amazing update to the game!

Another potential bug: When you move cream (seems to be just cream) to another container, it sometimes disappears. No note saying you spilled it. Also, if you try to make cream in a bowl with other ingredients, you are able to, but then it, too, disappears. If you try and make butter in a bowl next to other ingredients, it just pops out of the bowl. 

The testing server seems to be out of eggs.  Can we get a restock?

10 minutes ago, Tathar said:

The testing server seems to be out of eggs.  Can we get a restock?

Done!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, NeeNee said:

Another potential bug: When you move cream (seems to be just cream) to another container, it sometimes disappears. No note saying you spilled it. Also, if you try to make cream in a bowl with other ingredients, you are able to, but then it, too, disappears. If you try and make butter in a bowl next to other ingredients, it just pops out of the bowl. 

Did you have cream in another container?  I didn't get chance to test it, but I swore it just automatically combined with some cream that I had in another bowl. I may be mistaken, but just throwing it out there.

24 Oct 2016
 * Added fermenting phase to spirits.
 * Added difficulty to LORE output.
 * Fix so you cant attempt to add a recipe to cookbook when its not in inventory.
 * Added old style sandwiches back in (now called endurance sandwiches).
   They are made by using bread on cheese (or jam, egg, syrup or honey). 
   They can be eaten even when hungry for the stamina regeneration, but 
   will not give any CCFP or a timed affinity.
 * Added new command to toggle visibility of ccfp bar (/toggleccfp).
 * Made tar combinable.

23 Oct 2016
 * Fix so can plant fresh spices.
 * Fixed recipes that used stoneware.
 * Fix for 'you cant breed egglayers' with animals that you should be able to.

22 Oct 2016
 * Typo fix in fudge sauce recipe name.
 * Made beersteins easier to make.
 * Fix for double spacing in lore statement.
 * Fix so sweets can go into larder.
 * Fix so can plant items (again).
 * Fix so beesmoker when made does not end up on floor.
 * Recipe typo fixes.
 * Fix for examine message on chopped veg (etc).
 * Fix for message given when you write a recipe.
 * Fix for out of bounds error when using back button in cookbook.
 * Renamed stoneware to baking stone.

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, realedazed said:

Did you have cream in another container?  I didn't get chance to test it, but I swore it just automatically combined with some cream that I had in another bowl. I may be mistaken, but just throwing it out there.

Only whipped cream, I think, but I'll check to see if that's happening!

Can you bring back the crafting window into cooking everywhere where it makes sense? Sandwiches, juices, cheeses... Right-clicking sucks, in general. It was enough having it the only way for alchemy. :ph34r:

So yesterday I tried a few more distillery products, managed to make moonshine from various things and whiskey. 

I had zero luck with beer, I started with water and barley, and hops, but lore kept telling me that it needed more hops, I was using a cauldron and had it up to 97 hops, water, barley and a sugar I think and it still said try adding more hops.

43 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

So yesterday I tried a few more distillery products, managed to make moonshine from various things and whiskey. 

I had zero luck with beer, I started with water and barley, and hops, but lore kept telling me that it needed more hops, I was using a cauldron and had it up to 97 hops, water, barley and a sugar I think and it still said try adding more hops.

There's some bugginess when you have too much of one solid ingredient where it'll just keep telling you to add more. You have the right ingredients in there, I'll say that much.

Use Lore on baking stone containing a perch

[20:06:11] Have you tried adding bacon?

I add bacon and

[20:06:35] Have you tried adding pastry?

I add pastry,wheat and

[20:06:54] The items inside do not make any known recipe.

I tried using uncooked and cooked bacon with the same result

5 minutes ago, Explora said:

Use Lore on baking stone containing a perch

[20:06:11] Have you tried adding bacon?

I add bacon and

[20:06:35] Have you tried adding pastry?

I add pastry,wheat and

[20:06:54] The items inside do not make any known recipe.

I tried using uncooked and cooked bacon with the same result

Thanks, the recipe you were trying to make uses pastry,rye  so the lore message needs to specify the material.. will try to do that tomorrow

• Like 1

For those asking about the CCFP 'requirements' - that's a rough idea of how much a player burns per day, i.e. how fast the bars drop.  There is no requirement to fill all the bars; you get a bonus from each element of CCFP, but you can entirely ignore them if you choose, or pick the bonuses you care about and ignore the rest.

10 minutes ago, Pandalet said:

For those asking about the CCFP 'requirements' - that's a rough idea of how much a player burns per day, i.e. how fast the bars drop.  There is no requirement to fill all the bars; you get a bonus from each element of CCFP, but you can entirely ignore them if you choose, or pick the bonuses you care about and ignore the rest.

But what about skillgain? And is there a recipe to make that gives the skillgain we get today at 90+ nutrition that isn't a pain in the rear to make?

1 minute ago, Aeris said:

But what about skillgain? And is there a recipe to make that gives the skillgain we get today at 90+ nutrition that isn't a pain in the rear to make?

If you can get 90+ nutrition now with HFC, you'll definitely still be able to with the cooking update via very similar methods.

Regarding the temporary affinities, those are... rather random, so it's hard to say. Maybe you'll get masonry from eating raw chopped tomatoes, but maybe you'll also get it by eating a pizza.

10 hours ago, Block said:

Is the cookbook UI design final? It's pretty clunky in the current state, I can't see many people using it instead of just checking the wiki (once the recipes have been added). Some comments:

• With so many recipes, it needs sortable tables. Preferably sortable by nutrition, affinities, ingredients, and CCFP value
  • Too wordy. The amount of explanatory text makes it look confusing; a good UI shouldn't need an explanation next to every option
  • It should be all in one window instead of having to click through several
  • Needs an ability to bookmark certain recipes so you can find them easier

Completely agreed with Block! Cookbook need redesign for sure.Instead of searching recipes by containers or actions etc it need to be more close to real cookbook with categories and bookmarks.

Here is my suggestion how it can look like:

Search recipes by:

Food category ( sandwiches, casseroles, meals, bakery, beverages etc )

Nutritional value with CCFP ( low,medium,high; calories,carbs  fats, proteins )

Your favorite recipes ( please add box to each recipe so we can add it to our favorite list )

Book  also need to have separate icon just like crafting icon or maybe like  book of wisdom.

Something else I wanted to suggest, not sure if anyone mentioned it before. With all these new crops and plants coming to game on top of what we already have maybe it is possible to add to main game launcher harvest season ? It can be added to  the tab where wind and time info or to separate tab.

Edited by Rhea
added suggestion
  • Like 2

Meat lost it's properties in the food bin overnight; all except crab meat.

Untitled%20%283%29.png

8 hours ago, realedazed said:

Okay, so cream does seems to automatically combine with whipped cream, when you move them from bowl to bowl. 

Can someone do a video of their findings so far? It would be great to see some stuff.

We need Pemmican!  Meat fillet, blue berries, fat.   One stop shop for all your CCFP needs.(Yes I actually tried making it).
It served the nutritional needs of First Nations, early explorers and was even used in British soldiers rations to provide everything needed for optimal nutrition that last for a really long time.
Easy to make.  Lasts a long time.  Provides everything you need short of water.

• Like 4