Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Now we're cooking!

1 hour ago, Wulfmaer said:

Unable to store fresh herbs and spices in a food storage bin, trying to give the message "Only unprocessed food items can be stored that way."

This includes fresh basil, ginger, lovage, mint, oregano, paprika, parsley, sage, sassafras, thyme and turmeric.

Ah thanks, forgot about fresh ones...

• Like 1

On 03/11/2016 at 2:08 AM, Ratheden said:

ok, this is been edited it seems, Now it asks:

Sauce Pan

Black mushroom

Dry pasta

Water

Buffalo Cheese      Have you tried adding a spaghetti?

Raw spaghetti        Have you tried adding a bouquet of purple flowers?

bouquet of purple flowers.

[19:02:15] The items inside do not make any known recipe.

Perodin

Thanks, one of the recipes had incorrect items in it. - fixed next update.

19 hours ago, Ratheden said:

Still getting wood scraps in the barrels after unsealing, but it seems not every barrel.

Yea, i think i know why its happening, just not found the cause yet.

19 hours ago, Ratheden said:

when making wort with hops, unable to add more then one barley or sugar, despite the recipe saying we can.

Fixed. (thanks for finding the bug)

On 02/11/2016 at 11:28 PM, Mirabelle said:

Finally made some time to go on the test server. Amount of recipes is mind boggling, thank you Tich and others for putting all this work and time into it. Here are some things I found:

Missing a word here (probably "use"):
"Target actions (e.g. ones you one item on another)" in CookBook menu.

Re-done the info screen, and moved some text to mouseover so not to clutter the display (so much).

Recipes made in frying pan: stew (meat) isn't listed.

No idea what you are saying.. sorry.

If you try to sort recipe names in any of the "List of recipes that use <ingredient>" screens, the cookbook closes.

Crashed fixed.

Please show recipe names in ascending order by default in all the screens.

Done.

Reply is in blue above

On 01/11/2016 at 0:47 PM, Klaa said:

There's pancake recipes... and apparently NO Waffles!

Whats a waffle?

• Like 1

A waffle is a sort of a crispy pancake with a grid of holes to hold syrup and butter, cooked in a waffle iron

On 01/11/2016 at 2:47 AM, Ratheden said:

Waxed Papyrus, or paper when place back in the bsb, converts to plain papyrus. Is this intended? Both paper and papyrus when waxed have a combine option, but do not actually combine.

Perodin

Thanks should be fixed

46 minutes ago, Pashka said:

Thanks for showing some of the fixes

Yes indeed, Thanks a bunch.

Please let me know if you need anything specific tested. i am up for anything.

12 hours ago, Tich said:

Reply is in blue above

Thank you for the fixes. I see now that Stew (meat) can't be made in a frying pan, cause meat+veg in frying pan makes a Meal (meat).

Can you look into the water ratio of the Veg casserole recipe? 300% seems a bit on the low side. I tried that and got this text: "Not enough water, looks like it should use between 1920 and 2880 grams". Fresh milled flour is 0.30kg

Test kitchen being restocked.  The FSBs are named for what they contain, however, the resources seem to migrate over time so after checking all bins, if something is still missing you can use /support or post here so that when someone is available the order can be filled.

• Like 1

Yorkshire pudding recipe: typo:
"...often servered with..." should be "...often served with..."

sandwich recipe:
mentions "cooked egg", but doesn't indicate it's another recipe you still need to discover (text is not in red, like the other non-discovered recipes).
if you cook an egg the item you get is named "boiled egg" and not "cooked egg". I know boiled egg is the common term, but it could be confusing for non native English speakers to use two terms for the same item.

Question: is the nutritional value set on each recipe? Or does your toons cooking/hot cooking skill also determine the nutritional value? The reason I ask: I've seen high ql dishes in the larder that, when examined, give the text "This has a high nutrition value." But when I make them with the test toon (very low cooking skill), the same dish gives the examine text "This has a medium nutrition value."

Awesome Update can't wait till it comes out.

Edited by Ratheden
bad post.

Please don't nerf our existent cooked meat!

trying to put cooked meat back into bin>[13:53:34] Only unprocessed food items can be stored that way.

try to put a fillet of cook meat back into bin>[13:54:00] Only unprocessed food items can be stored that way.

A cooked meat weights 3 times that of all the new weights, 0.9 kg versus 0.3kg. If you do a conversion please keep in mind how changing volume drastically affects item count in bulk bins.

Also, blocking putting processed items in bulk containers puts up a barrier against trade of bulk processed cooking mats. 

Edited by joedobo

hello, i found some different name in native language on sushi name

im japanese people so i write in japanese language.

" before = after "

surimi sushi = kani sushi or crab sushi (蟹寿司)

sliced crab on rice ball called in japanese kani sushi, kani = crab

tomago sushi = tamago sushi (玉子寿司)

tamago = 卵、玉子 in japanese

i hope change that name please

Edit.

sorry i mistake write... i writing on feedback forum again

Edited by Xneo

Question about egg's does chicken lay more eggs after 1.3? Currently our chickens in Xanadu are bit lazy....

48 minutes ago, monsterix said:

Question about egg's does chicken lay more eggs after 1.3? Currently our chickens in Xanadu are bit lazy....

eggs will be able to be foraged, but they won't be able to be hatched if found that way

1 hour ago, monsterix said:

It depends on how many eggs are currently on the server. If my suspicions are correct (and they may not be), the egg limit does not vary per server. Either way, currently it's pretty easy for Xanadu to run into a situation where hens just stop laying eggs for a while.

can't wait to see someones guide on it -- I've had no time to test anything and it lots like a pretty huge system.

On 18.11.2016 at 7:56 PM, Ostentatio said:

It depends on how many eggs are currently on the server. If my suspicions are correct (and they may not be), the egg limit does not vary per server. Either way, currently it's pretty easy for Xanadu to run into a situation where hens just stop laying eggs for a while.

Thats why i ask that question. There is many recipes what need eggs

I know I encouraged linking affinity timers to meal complexity, and I still agree with it, but I think it definitely needs tweaking.

Currently, a lot of the really simple foods give affinity timers lasting a short number of seconds, and even filling most of my food bar with fish filet broth gave me... a few minutes.

Less complex food should definitely give shorter timers, but they should at least be useful.

EDIT: Other notes as I'm playing:

• Planters with herbs growing in them should probably show the herb in their name, for ease of carrying them around.
Edited by Ostentatio

Oh, also: Why don't more recipes scale properly? Like, it's impossible to make a larger batch of hot chocolate by putting 2+ cocoa in and just adding more water to compensate. Consequently, I can only make it in really tiny batches. This isn't a huge problem, but is kind of weird?

9 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

Oh, also: Why don't more recipes scale properly? Like, it's impossible to make a larger batch of hot chocolate by putting 2+ cocoa in and just adding more water to compensate. Consequently, I can only make it in really tiny batches. This isn't a huge problem, but is kind of weird?

Mainly because the scaling (as you call it) was added fairly late on, and not all recipes could be make scaleable.

Regarding the really short affinities, my working suggestion is to significantly increase the base amount of time given, and then if necessary, have them scale with complexity (as they currently do) but in a non-linear fashion, so that you don't get like five days of farming affinity for eating whatever pesto bisque sandwich high-complexity monstrosity.

EDIT: By the way, what is the ideal serving temperature for food now? It used to be that you'd get a nutrition bonus for hot foods, but now we've got a lot of foods that make sense hot (stir fry!), a lot that make sense room temperature (salads! cookies!) and maybe some that make sense cold. How does this work now?

Edited by Ostentatio