Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Now we're cooking!

Wurm already has hermits, now we have stills, moonshine and who knows what else. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=D5gdcJnuI4I#t=68

Only one suggestion/feedback is when you learn a new recipe, have the game give you a alert indicating you discovered a recipe.

Anyways, thanks for letting us test this.

Edited by Niki
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Retrograde said:

• Some recipes are nameable this means that whoever is the first to make the item for that recipe, will have their name added to the front of that recipe name, e.g. if Pifa was first to make a meat curry (assuming that was nameable) then it would show to everyone, when they discover it,  as “Pifa’s meat curry”.

Does this apply to the game, cluster or server?

As someone who bitched for years (TO ANYONE AND EVERYONE, ENDLESSLY) about the cool ingredients in the world and  uber lame ass cooking...

You did an AMAZING FRIGGING JOB.

This is about 500% more than I'd ever dreamed of, might even prem JUST to cook.

Best improvement of the ....well EVER.

• Like 4

Spelling error:

Recipe: fudge sause 

Maybe a spelling/grammar error, or just weird phrasing?

Recipe: poppies golden spaghetti

Another slightly off thing: The nut loaf is described as vegetarian, but is made with a meat product. 

Edited by NeeNee

I don't think the information on making beer is correct when you have the wrong quantities of ingredients.

1 hops

0.4kg water

[16:18:14] Have you tried adding barley?

2 hops

0.4kg water

[16:18:58] Have you tried adding hops?

33 hops

0.4kg water

[16:19:20] Have you tried adding hops?

I don't think it still needs more hops and it still needs sugar and barley.

Edited by blayze

Issue: Following the recommended steps resulted in a non-recipe.

I started with a sauce pan and added freshly ground ginger. I used the 'lore' feature. It asked if I had used chopped fish.

I added chopped marlin and used the 'lore' feature, It asked if I used a chopped vegetable. I chopped some onions and added those.

I used the 'lore' feature. It asked if I used chopped carrots. I chopped up some carrots and added those. I used the 'lore' feature.

It asked if I used oil (25% of solids). I made corn oil and added that, I used the 'lore' feature. It asked if I used rice so I added that.

I use the 'lore' feature. It said 'The items inside do not make any known recipe'

Trystant

• Like 1

I had a similar incident. Roasting pan, potato, salt. Lore suggested raw minced meat, and then told me there was no such meal. 

2 minutes ago, Trystant said:

Issue: Following the recommended steps resulted in a non-recipe.

I started with a sauce pan and added freshly ground ginger. I used the 'lore' feature. It asked if I had used chopped fish.

I added chopped marlin and used the 'lore' feature, It asked if I used a chopped vegetable. I chopped some onions and added those.

I used the 'lore' feature. It asked if I used chopped carrots. I chopped up some carrots and added those. I used the 'lore' feature.

It asked if I used oil (25% of solids). I made corn oil and added that, I used the 'lore' feature. It asked if I used rice so I added that.

I use the 'lore' feature. It said 'The items inside do not make any known recipe'

Trystant

Looks good so far, alas ginger tea is missing.

Add ginger tea and you'll be forgiven for the horror the heal/LoF nerfs caused!

Currently not able to plant in a planter, or convert to seeds then plant in planter.

Fresh Cumin

Fresh Ginger

I Can plant them after putting them in a FSB and making them Non fresh.

Edited by zentil

I saw some things listed as "high nutrition" and others listed as "good nutrition". It's not clear which is better from this phrasing.

Noticed some nutritional values don't really make sense.

I made candied rose petals and for some bizarre reason they're giving me a lot of Protein. What the hell is going on here? I would recommend going through the recipes and double-checking the CCFP values.

Edited by Ostentatio
  • Like 1

As someone who has beehives in the real life garden I am thrilled about the bee keeping ingame. The hive looks amaziing... only the shaking is a bit disturbing, Why does the active beehive shake? I find the animation of the bees around it (like this foggy stuff) is enough to show that its active. 

Another little thing to change: I milked a sheep and got "Sheep sheep milk".

Edited by Sirene
  • Like 4

This is amazing!  I wish I had money so that I could give it all to the Devs.  Thanks so much for your hard work!

Plate + peapod, when lore ask [10:56:44] Have you tried adding raw slice of bread (x3+)?

but those needs to be baked bread

It would be nice to have a big button like the crafting menu has in the list of icons with map, quiver slot, stealth, lawful, faithful, ...

I see big issue now!  There is no images for most of the new stuff...   missing mini inventory images and  ????? Bags evrywhere on floors...  items in piles are also rakes and shovels...  this need llook into.... dont do another update with half missing images again

6 hours ago, Sirene said:

Another little thing to change: I milked a sheep and got "Sheep sheep milk".

Actually it seems to be "sheep Sheep milk" instead. No offense, it's somewhat significant when looking it up in the code without re-confirming in-game, to not fix the wrong thing or whatnot.

Edited by Ulviirala

1 hour ago, Sila said:

I see big issue now!  There is no images for most of the new stuff...   missing mini inventory images and  ????? Bags evrywhere on floors...  items in piles are also rakes and shovels...  this need llook into.... dont do another update with half missing images again

Make sure you're operating the experimental pack as that's where the art assets currently are.

We're in the process of finishing all the artworks, they aren't the focus of this testing however, so don't worry about that. They will be in the actual update.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sila said:

Make sure experimental packs is enabled before logging in.

And yes icons (and some models) are work in progress

• Like 1

Request: give us a way to hide the CCFP bars for the overall skill bar.

imo,

1. Overall this is excessively complex.

2. The eat timers are longer.

3. It takes more food to fill the food bar compared to current.

4. I have no idea how fast the food bar goes down. If it does go down faster this reaffirms my fear that the current casual cooking system is being nerfed.

• Like 6

Notice that when I was making a new recipe, it keep asking me If I had tried raw fruit, I placed every fruit I could find and kept getting no known recipe. Not sure what it was gonna make but think it was a pie.

Edited by Talohan
grammar

4 hours ago, monsterix said:

Plate + peapod, when lore ask [10:56:44] Have you tried adding raw slice of bread (x3+)?

but those needs to be baked bread

Yes, I think it needs to say something like "untoasted slice of bread", or just "slice of bread". 

Also, it's probably been made known, but bread didn't seem to bake after that update yesterday. Just sat as warming lumps of dough on the baking stones. 

Other than the bugs, I love this! You can still make a simple meal if you want, but I had a great time trying to figure out new recipes! We were passing them around and trying to figure out the weird ones all day yesterday. I wonder how many of the total we discovered? 

4 minutes ago, NeeNee said:

We were passing them around and trying to figure out the weird ones all day yesterday. I wonder how many of the total we discovered? 

It is and was so much fun and a great community feeling ;) 

• Like 3