Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Weekly News #42 Ready Steady Cook!

tbh the log out timer should be 24 hours, if you're being raided and have to abandon your internet village for real life you deserve to die

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Badget said:

pls no, we need Deso!

Desolation MOBA just opened for this weekend only. See Army's post in the WU Servers area.

Edited by Nappy

8 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

Sounds like you had 1 hour logout to add into your defense planning right from the start, if they dropped this on us tomorrow like they did with the no-karma teleport for 24hrs with zero notice how fast do you think you can build multiple 200 tile tunnels that are fully reinforced? 

Remember you and a team ran to a unbuilt deed with just a mine door opposed to the built up deed 2 locals away from it because you knew you could log out in 5 minutes and we couldn't bash an on deed mine door which was protecting you and 5 others in a 1 x 3 reinforced area. If you didn't have a 5 minute log off times there would have been PvP. Maybe you  would run  the extra local  to get to a safer deed and turn to counter attack if timers werebin But instead you ran to a mine and logged off. You do nothing but support a meta that allows zero risk whilst at your own deeds. You do reliese that when Mr turn to raid us, which they will, we will have the same penalty as you. So stop crying as if this is some personal agenda. I've seen alot of people whilst almost breaking through the last part of defences to have enemy log off moan about it. Had nothing to do with epic. That's just an excuse. It's a well thought out rule and we'd support the idea if iit was on epic or not. The karma change was wanted by your own kingdom as stated by emoo several times. Clearly that  done chaos it's biggest favor cause we want from a requesting a map reset to players being able to reset the boundries themselves with a bit of work. Stop supporting poor metas that destroy the spirit of PvP. You let enemy in your deed. You run fight hide. You don't log off in t minutes in a reinforced mine. Lol.

Edited by Mclovin

Also theyre looking into it. They never said it would be 60 minutes. Once again instead of fighting against the positive change of a bad meta, which leads to less PvP, challenge yourself and come up with a solution that doesn't support meta but would be fair to the attacker and defender. For me 60 minutes is plenty of time to get safe or decide if it's a loss. You literally said I'd be at a deed that probably won't have the defences to stop an attack but will happily stand at a mine door hoping to kill an attacker then log off. What is this!?

Edited by Mclovin

9 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

Chaos is not Epic, we don't need the same rules as epic has, you're arguments are nothing more than you're own personal I want this list. 

So you would rather people log out of a deed an hour or more before you succeed in pulling down the defenses to escape? This just leads to less pvp opportunities and certainly will create less pvp opportunities. Some would rather fight to the end, but if it means no way out it is not going to happen.

You already got your 24hr no karma rule, how much pvp content has this created for you? Not a single ounce, you are left with deeds no one will bother defending (unless they happened to be a part of that deed, or already there) leaving you with nothing more than hours of catapulting and digging all by your lonesome.

aren't you one of the people in Mclovin's video on his channel who log off in a mine because people are breaking into it?
why are you talking about less pvp opportunities when you log out to avoid PvP when the enemy traps you into a deed and dismantles it over a couple of days only to be saved my the miraculous pvp ban

or am i thinking of a different shakeshivers
edit: macklavin beat me to the cake

Edited by Soil
  • Like 2

Overall raiding itself needs work as already noted. Mine doors, reinforcements, the ability to plan a floor in seconds with plank and nail to tank a cata shot, all needs looking at. If there are mine doors that provide a 1-2 hour defence against bash, or a disintergrate that's so rng based and random and required a drain, if all of this which supports defenders remains the same, then 60 minutes is more than fair. It isn't doom. We have it on epic and players can still log off and leave world. They just dont do it when enemy are minutes from entering their last mine hop. If attackers can log off and be telorpirted to a safe place whilst on enemy deed then I'll support the defenders use. Until major things are looked at. 60 minutes no more or less is a fine plaster. Anything lower just creates poor meta and anything more doesn't support rl  time, situations as previously mentioned. 

Retro, 60 mins is tried and tested, it works. Any more or less we enter unknown results. 

Edited by Mclovin

You want a merge of chaos and epic? Fine.

You want major changes that will completely change gameplay? Fine.

Do it already!

Make a new server (NOT the size of Xanadu!!!), give people a 1-3 months notice, lay out ALL the rules with 0 secret or unknown mechanics, wipe out chaos and epic and have all PVPers in one place, under the same rules, without biased GMs, do a fresh start. Do it properly!

• Like 2

Will the survey and things be on going all day or just for a few hours after the server is open?

4 hours ago, Mika said:

You want a merge of chaos and epic? Fine.

You want major changes that will completely change gameplay? Fine.

Do it already!

Make a new server (NOT the size of Xanadu!!!), give people a 1-3 months notice, lay out ALL the rules with 0 secret or unknown mechanics, wipe out chaos and epic and have all PVPers in one place, under the same rules, without biased GMs, do a fresh start. Do it properly!

sounds fun

The new cooking system .. from what I've read, no kidding .. is going to be a whole new game on itself, not sure when a Master Chef will ever want to leave the kitchen or do anything else!

I still have a question, though: we will get bee hives for wax to seal containers with liquid. But wild bee hives will be found only in Spring, and getting wax will take some time.

Old fountain pans will be removed from the game about the same time with new cooking system, possible few days later, to give people time ..etc.

Many players use fountain pans to store liquids, dyes, lye etc.

How are they going to get -  in time - the necessary wax to seal all those containers before the pans go poof and liquids go bad?

I'm sure there can be a solution to this, just curious if it was considered :) (and if already asked/answered somewhere, someone point me to the answer, please!)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Evening said:

I still have a question, though: we will get bee hives for wax to seal containers with liquid. But wild bee hives will be found only in Spring, and getting wax will take some time.

Old fountain pans will be removed from the game about the same time with new cooking system, possible few days later, to give people time ..etc.

Many players use fountain pans to store liquids, dyes, lye etc.

How are they going to get -  in time - the necessary wax to seal all those containers before the pans go poof and liquids go bad?

We will be looking at extending the duration of the fountain pans for a short while to allow sufficient time for those in play to store their liquids.

• Like 1

Congratulations to Smeagan on her great achievement!

That said (and with no relation to the player and her triumph), I must add my voice to the players who are very frustrated about this god system. I understand that some people support it and I know that just having a code that allows players to ascend in Wurm is an achievement by itself. But is there a way to contain the players gods to Epic only? That's even assuming that Epic players want this system in the first place. They may not... I am not sure.

On PvE servers, the new gods have done absolutely no good, in my hunble opinion. Maybe if each had a lore associated with it and its own unique spells, things would be different. And I realize that this would mean a lot of developer work and months of balancing. But in the current state, the gods add absolultely nothning to the Freedom servers side of things. In the past, we have 4 gods, each with unique personality, sphere, domain and spells. It was a wonderful system, where religion played a big part in every day lie. In a world where magic is almost exclusively related to dieties, the gods had a real presence over the land. The new gods, however, are just a collection of spells and nothing more. Yes, I realize that there are write ups about them on wiki now, but their domains are very sketchy. All this results in every player switching his or her priest to whichever new god had the best luck in the spell roulette. The religion is no longer vibrant or interesting. Spells are no longer unique but completely utilitarian, like a rake or a shovel.

I realize that some people like this and - once again - this has absolutely nothing to do with the players who ascended, as they did so well within  the rules. Great achievements. But for the rest of us, at least on the Freedom servers (again, I can't speak for Epic as I don't have a character there), this just destroyed a lot of enjoyment, uniqueness and interest that religions brought to the game. And this is not over. There will be more and more gods. And while it would be exciting to have them in pantheons and distinctly unique religions with separate spells, this is currently not feasible.

Is there any way we can review this?

• Like 6

Valdor - many of us epic players (well ex players now) feel the same way you do about player gods. While interesting to be one for a while ultimately the 4 god system worked better and made each community member who was a priest more valuable. Now you can choose from 8 or so which devalues some gods and even makes some gods useless.

• Like 1

Please... We've got a perfect PVE god, name starts with N and it's not Nathan.

Edited by zigozag
  • Like 1

Personally, I rather like the new gods, and I think they've enhanced my play considerably (on PvE).  I'm keen to see what godess Sme is going to turn out to be - sounds like an opportunity for some new avatar models, to me!

• Like 2

Deadpool-Clapping.jpg

Lets see that spell list! :ph34r:

Edited by Klaa

Grats Smegain.

All players on Epic will be gods soon.. 

Can you please remove these Epic gods from PvE?!  Either that or add a way for PvE players to become gods... 

54 minutes ago, Torgrim said:

Grats Smegain.

All players on Epic will be gods soon.. 

Can you please remove these Epic gods from PvE?!  Either that or add a way for PvE players to become gods... 

Well... there is a way persay. :ph34r:  But I'm guessing you aren't going to like it. :P

On 22-10-2016 at 6:17 PM, Evening said:

The new cooking system .. from what I've read, no kidding .. is going to be a whole new game on itself, not sure when a Master Chef will ever want to leave the kitchen or do anything else!

Oops for the mess on the quotes - but couldn't say it better. As long as the dev-choice will show to have been to add on perks instead of nerfing what's allready there (so: as long as players who are not interested can get around this without losing out compared to now) I really think this is a great addition by the looks of it! :)

With new types of meat coming with the update, what will happen to the generic meat already in FSBs?

On 2016-10-21 at 7:07 PM, Retrograde said:

Feature or bug?

A question was raised regarding logout timers on Chaos being 5 minutes within enemy presence, and whether it was intended to be so, or 1 hour like on Epic. The answer is, well, a bit of both! While it's not a bug per se, we will look at the logout timers and make them the same across both clusters when in enemy presence.

any news on this?

On 2016-12-20 at 11:42 PM, Worksock said:

any news on this?

hello?