Sign in to follow this  
Greyfox

Marketing plan timeline

11 hours ago, Reylaark said:

Wurm community has a leader?  I must have missed that memo... who is this illustrious leader you speak of?

Two pizza shops I've been to come to mind.

In one, owner was always in a bad mood.  No doubt I'd just get begrudged attitude if I had ever asked him anything about his business.  He was a doofus who happened to make pretty good pizza in a town with few options.  The moment there's an alternative, doofus is out of business.

In another, I have no idea what mood the owner was in, to be honest.  I just know he was always nice to his customers.  Always thanked everyone for coming in, whether he knew them or not.  I wouldn't hesitate to approach him with a question about his business, or his plans.  No doubt at all I'd get a straight up answer and even if it isn't what I was hoping to hear, I'd walk away satisfied.  I don't live in that town anymore, but I'll always be a loyal customer.

The straight shooter who isn't hiding anything behind pretense is the one you want to do business with, not the shifty guy that can't give you a sensible answer and claims to be above question.

Oh, and yeah, I'm a member of this community, and ain't nobody leading me.

Why even market this game.  The community is so toxic.  Most of the time I read something in the forums it appears there's not many respective people around.  I've had others recently tell me they don't look or post in the forums anymore because of the community going bad.  I used to defend, but now I understand why.  After 3 years in this game I know why the population is low and won't grow.

With people like you it makes me think why am I in this game.  Just to craft and sell stuff?  Used to have fun with communication with others, but had someone yesterday tell me why America is so bad was because I asked to get a discount on a boat.  They didn't like the deal so trash talking me and Americans.  How did dude even know I was American?  Funny part was I didn't even ask that person for a boat, they just decided to attack me after me posting in WTB chat.

Same with other posts in suggestions.  Get those people that just want to be mean and talk crap because they don't like your idea.

Don't really give a ###### about this game anymore.  Put so much time and effort into it, but been feeling like I force myself to play.  Thanks for helping me make my choice of not playing Wurm anymore.  If I want to play Wurm I'll purchase Wurm Unlimited so I don't have to deal with people anymore.

Sorry Retrograde, I thought you where a leader in the community, but I guess you are only someone that writes the news and no one likes you.

6 minutes ago, nicedreams said:

Why even market this game.  The community is so toxic.  Most of the time I read something in the forums it appears there's not many respective people around.  I've had others recently tell me they don't look or post in the forums anymore because of the community going bad.  I used to defend, but now I understand why.  After 3 years in this game I know why the population is low and won't grow.

With people like you it makes me think why am I in this game.  Just to craft and sell stuff?  Used to have fun with communication with others, but had someone yesterday tell me why America is so bad was because I asked to get a discount on a boat.  They didn't like the deal so trash talking me and Americans.  How did dude even know I was American?  Funny part was I didn't even ask that person for a boat, they just decided to attack me after me posting in WTB chat.

Same with other posts in suggestions.  Get those people that just want to be mean and talk crap because they don't like your idea.

Don't really give a ###### about this game anymore.  Put so much time and effort into it, but been feeling like I force myself to play.  Thanks for helping me make my choice of not playing Wurm anymore.  If I want to play Wurm I'll purchase Wurm Unlimited so I don't have to deal with people anymore.

Sorry Retrograde, I thought you where a leader in the community, but I guess you are only someone that writes the news and no one likes you.

ok

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nicedreams said:

I'll give you a discount on my already cheap boats! Curious... I haven't seen your post, otherwise I would have answered to it.

Odd you feel that way. I have gotten nothing but good things from the people here. This is indeed a great community. You must have moved in next to bad neighbors.

• Like 2

Nicedreams just hit the burn out moment and what he quoted just happened to be what upset him enough to recognize it is all.

I like Retro. He answers rigged questions with class and somehow manages not to tell people to go pound sand when they say incendiary crap to him.

Edited by Zerocool
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, nicedreams said:

Spoiler

Apologies for offending you. 

Have fun exploring Wurm Unlimited servers.  It's really cool to see Wurm in a modded form.  Just found out today someone is integrating vampires.  Madness.  Welcome back to Wurm Online, when you come back, we all do eventually. ;)

Edited by Reylaark
so...many...words...now back to sawing planks

5 hours ago, nicedreams said:

That's a toxic post also, and hardly constructive. 

• Like 2

I like retro 

6 hours ago, nicedreams said:

I like retro D:  

i_love_retro_by_thesleepyhead.jpg

that doesn't mean I don't ever argue with him, though ... come to think of it, sometimes he even argues back at me

• Like 3

There is some real nastiness in this community, though usually I'm hearing it from my fellow Americans, not against them. Not that I am questioning your experience at all, Nicedreams. Some people are just jerks. When that stuff hits global, or any chat, I just leave now. I don't argue with people who are just looking for fights, or who just want others to justify their nasty behavior. I hope you can take a break and come back feeling better about Wurm. There's good ones here. (I also like Retro!) 

its been two years since ive been adequately hyped and encouraged to pay for my characters premium time with real money.

still waiting on some sort of content for pvp servers and massive balance changes (something other than a two minute fix that hardly modifies the grand scheme of things), there isn't even a sign its being worked on.

As Shahzam stated, i also feel this game is in the last part of its lifecycle and it drastically needs fundamental changes for any form of marketing to have any lasting effect.

Edited by Propheteer

6 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

As Shahzam stated, i also feel this game is in the last part of its lifecycle and it drastically needs fundamental changes for any form of marketing to have any lasting effect.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but, haven't people been saying that for years?  It seems like the Wurm Apocalypse is always on-hand, but yet servers keep on keepin' on, Devs keep devving, etc.

Maybe I'm just sticking my head in the proverbial sand, but it seems to me Wurm has only improved and is still pretty unique.  Dunno...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Reylaark said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but, haven't people been saying that for years?  It seems like the Wurm Apocalypse is always on-hand, but yet servers keep on keepin' on, Devs keep devving, etc.

Maybe I'm just sticking my head in the proverbial sand, but it seems to me Wurm has only improved and is still pretty unique.  Dunno...

At least for the graphs ive seen for the servers i play on, every primetime weekend population spike gets lower, and lower, and lower, and lower.

except for recently i guess, and it has nothing to do with an influx of players, just two kingdoms who premmed up sermon alts and can vouch for doing so, so hey :/ sucks when on average my server is 60% alts online at a given time.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Reylaark said:

I remember people saying this as far back as the opening of gold 2. The game caught a few lucky bumps here and there, but it is said as often as it is in eve.

That's the drawback with simulation games though. You gamble that people will be able to entertain themselves in your sandbox on the combination of features rather than the single new shiny.

• Like 1

it was answered a while ago tbh and when to expect more - I guess because a freedomer made it this was allowed to go on for 7 pages

Couldn't imagine a reset elevation request going on for months and 7 pages

I saw an ad for Wurm last night between Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2017 at 3:28 AM, Chakron said:

I saw an ad for Wurm last night between Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy.

I saw it too, it was a teaser trailer, but it didnt menton Wurm nor its website. I guess they are building the hype for the big campaign.

(havent seen an add for wurm yet)

I saw an ad for LIF on Facebook and on another site I was browsing I don't remember which one it was now it was one of the gaming sites. The moment I saw it I shook my head in disgust (toward wurm) I print screened the Facebook one and I was about to come onto wurm forums and say this is how it's done and show the beta stress test with 400+ people in the paid beta and 2800 forum accounts viewing their forums! 

Get on the ball wurm or drop it. 

TV commercials? My god that gotta be the most expencive way to promote the game.