Sign in to follow this  
Carmichael

Notch

On 23/10/2016 at 3:23 PM, Madt said:

This pretty much.

Once you become rich you're suddenly struck with the horrifying realisation that money was not all its cracked up to be and that your entire life long goal of earning fortune is now over and you have all this money and the potential to do absoloutely anything... it'd be too overwhelming. You'd probably book a very nice holiday somewhere, spend a few weeks or a month there, come back, buy a house, a few cars, invest in some things to keep earning and the usual stuff.

Then after all that you're still sat there thinking "what now?" You wont find contentedness with sipping cocktails on a yacht every day. You need something to be working towards constantly in life or you'll sink into depression. It's kinda like after you finish a project you've been working on for years, once its done you don't know what to do with yourself, it was keeping you busy and despite the frustrations you ran into, you enjoyed every minute of it.

If I were ever lucky enough to come into such amounts of money, I'd like to think I'd donate atleast half to charity, spend some on making my life comfortable and put the rest away in savings and live within my means.

I think if I ever came into that much money, I'd open up a car museum dedicated to concept/prototype cars, while also performing various restoration projects to keep myself busy.

Either that, or buy the Pontiac brand and bring it back, the world needs an official new Firebird!

• Like 5

If I got that much money I would buy wurm out, and make significant changes mainly deleting a set of servers.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, FranktheTank said:

If I got that much money I would buy wurm out, and make significant changes mainly deleting a set of servers.

Then sell it to Microsoft as well :D

11 hours ago, Firestarter said:

I think if I ever came into that much money, I'd open up a car museum dedicated to concept/prototype cars, while also performing various restoration projects to keep myself busy.

Either that, or buy the Pontiac brand and bring it back, the world needs an official new Firebird!

The Screaming Chicken Ascendant!

r017c.jpg

Far as getting bored and wondering what now?

Meh, life is too full of possibilities and roads left un-ventured. Money is merely a tool or a means to an end, and there is much to enjoy along the journey.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Klaa said:

The Screaming Chicken Ascendant!

r017c.jpg

Far as getting bored and wondering what now?

Meh, life is too full of possibilities and roads left un-ventured. Money is merely a tool or a means to an end, and there is much to enjoy along the journey.

I always thought it looked a bit like a pigeon puking something up :P

Still my favourite decal ever applied to a car!

• Like 2

On 10/24/2016 at 8:28 PM, Firestarter said:

OMG Please I miss my Firebirds.  Got a better chance of seeing pigs fly lately than finding a used one for sale.

13 minutes ago, Lolabelle said:

OMG Please I miss my Firebirds.  Got a better chance of seeing pigs fly lately than finding a used one for sale.

There's actually a company that does conversions of the newer Camaros to make them look like Firebirds! I think they've done conversions to make them look like a GTO Judge too.

http://transamdepot.com/

Finding an affordable T/A is like finding hens teeth. Was looking at some classifieds the other week, I'm only about £20k short, reckon Notch would lend me enough? :P

Minecraft sucks.

trans am cool

Firebirds are warm.

Edited by Makarus

Japan just called, said to tell Pontiac fans "So sorry!" then they tried saying something else but just couldn't stop laughing.

*grin* 

4 hours ago, Mordraug said:

Japan just called, said to tell Pontiac fans "So sorry!" then they tried saying something else but just couldn't stop laughing.

*grin* 

Pontiac is an American car brand...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KyleBooze said:

Pontiac is an American car brand...

*was :( 

• Like 1

On 25.10.2016 at 3:28 AM, Firestarter said:

Apart from that possibly being something to keep you happy indefinitely, there is still the possibility that you simply described a dream of yours which would fulfill you for "just that long". Simply because it seems as if you could live the rest of your life restoring those old cars and be happy does not necessarily mean it would be so. That predicament is the pithole on suddenly being freed of monetary restriction. What if you´d get bored about restoring cars AND bringing back Pontiac brand and couldnt think of another reason for your existence?

I watched episode of Westworld where theyre telling this story about race dog who has been running all its young life chasing a piece of rabbit fur and when the dog was old and taken to play with kids in a park they unleashed the dog and it immediately sprinted towards a cat it saw and they admired the old dog run so beautifully. Then the horror struck as dog got to the cat and tear it into pieces, cat probably looked like the rabbit fur piece. Then the dog was sitting there, utterly confused. All its life its been chasing that thing and once he finally got it, he had no idea what now.

So, if you grasp the concept I am describing here and you would get filthy rich and realize all dreams you got... and then you would be stuck in that dumbfound confusion where you need to go to the funeral of your past mindset about money making you happy. But I am not saying its bound to be this way, you could also go on about enjoying the riches and freedom to realize all dreams you come up with and be happy about it.

In my opinion the difference is being unhappy with life because of not having the monetary freedom. Then getting very rich, the unhappiness will not change. Its almost nightmarish experience.

So you see if you are happy with your life now then getting very rich to bring back Pontiac is not gonna change that, you would remain happy with your life. Simple as that.

• Like 1