Sign in to follow this  
Carmichael

Notch

What are the chances of Notch coming back to coding Wurm? I'd want Rolf to answer this since they actually know each other. I know he's working on another game but still.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pinchaloaf said:

Do what? Seriously Carmichael, I can't even fathom.

He'd make the game sooooo much better. As well as just better updates overall and not going about things in a stupidest way possible.

Just now, Carmichael said:

He'd make the game sooooo much better. As well as just better updates overall and not going about things in a stupidest way possible.

just stop bro.

• Like 1

Carm killing the joke before it even starts. You are getting better with age buddy. Love ya.

1 minute ago, Pinchaloaf said:

Carm killing the joke before it even starts. You are getting better with age buddy. Love ya.

I try <3. But seriously. I'd like to know if he would ever come back to coding this game and hopefully improve it in general.

If I had that much money, I would NOT work for someone else.  Just saying.

• Like 1

Notch is far too busy using his countless millions to rant incoherently on Twitter and talk about how sad he is.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

Notch is far too busy using his countless millions to rant incoherently on Twitter and talk about how sad he is.

Wait he's sad?  I bet it'd make him real happy if he donated all his money to a good cause.   Also, I'm changing my name to "A Good Cause".
:)

• Like 1

Rant incoherently? ...but his rants always seemed coherent to me. :huh:

19 hours ago, Carmichael said:

What are the chances of Notch coming back to coding Wurm? I'd want Rolf to answer this since they actually know each other. I know he's working on another game but still.

• Like 1

On 20.10.2016 at 2:48 AM, Greyfox said:

Wait he's sad?  I bet it'd make him real happy if he donated all his money to a good cause.   Also, I'm changing my name to "A Good Cause".
:)

He is sad indeed because of one very generic psychological implication from living in scarcity based economy model. We're being led to imagine/believe that if we would (trough winning in lottery or trough other means) become (mil/bil)lionaires, then all our problems would be washed away and we would be eternally happy.

Reality does not work that way.

So people who go trough this will have sort of a traumatic experience similar to losing something very important which requires the mind to process and become aware of the fallacies in its inherent models, that overcoming it requires similar grieving process as with losing something very important. When a person loses body part or close relative or similar big losses, it is commonly accepted that they need time to grief and might go trough episodes of depression or other mental conditions in which needing help from others is significantly elevated. But when someone suddenly becomes very rich from quite monetary-mundane past, people often react with negative judgement and have no tolerance or understanding of that situation.

As a programmer myself, I would need to be paid quite hefty amount to go back working on one of the past projects I was working with. Would I be billionaire, the "hefty" would need to be multiplied by another hefty amount to even budge me. My standing with my past projects is in a way compatible with the way I do subjectively perceive the standing between Notch and Wurm.

So for the OP, I would say that "chance? not likely, but Notch is the only one being able to answer that question" where everyone elses answer (mine included) is merely subjective opinion worth nothing. On top of that, Wurm team would also need to agree to work with Notch, which is not 100% guarantee either, only they could answer that.

• Like 3

I believe we could have a 50% of getting Notch back if we add Minsc and Boo

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Aeryck said:

Someone call for a space hamster?

a miniature giant space hamster, even!

• Like 1

I still love the opening scene of BG2. You're talking to Minsc, and theres Boo. "How did..." you ask, to which he replied "Boo is ever so tiny, and there is ever so much of Minsc to search!"

Scarred, my childhood was.

• Like 2

A den of stink-king evil!

oh wait... that's my apartment. :ph34r:

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

On 22/10/2016 at 9:39 AM, LorenaMontana said:

Baldurs gate, reminds me of my childhood lol

there is an enhanced version that came out in like, 2013/14, and its worth the replay, you can even play multiplayer across diferent platforms (PC and Mac)

• Like 1

On 21/10/2016 at 11:21 AM, Raybarg said:

He is sad indeed because of one very generic psychological implication from living in scarcity based economy model. We're being led to imagine/believe that if we would (trough winning in lottery or trough other means) become (mil/bil)lionaires, then all our problems would be washed away and we would be eternally happy.

Reality does not work that way.

So people who go trough this will have sort of a traumatic experience similar to losing something very important which requires the mind to process and become aware of the fallacies in its inherent models, that overcoming it requires similar grieving process as with losing something very important. When a person loses body part or close relative or similar big losses, it is commonly accepted that they need time to grief and might go trough episodes of depression or other mental conditions in which needing help from others is significantly elevated. But when someone suddenly becomes very rich from quite monetary-mundane past, people often react with negative judgement and have no tolerance or understanding of that situation.

As a programmer myself, I would need to be paid quite hefty amount to go back working on one of the past projects I was working with. Would I be billionaire, the "hefty" would need to be multiplied by another hefty amount to even budge me. My standing with my past projects is in a way compatible with the way I do subjectively perceive the standing between Notch and Wurm.

So for the OP, I would say that "chance? not likely, but Notch is the only one being able to answer that question" where everyone elses answer (mine included) is merely subjective opinion worth nothing. On top of that, Wurm team would also need to agree to work with Notch, which is not 100% guarantee either, only they could answer that.

This pretty much.

Once you become rich you're suddenly struck with the horrifying realisation that money was not all its cracked up to be and that your entire life long goal of earning fortune is now over and you have all this money and the potential to do absoloutely anything... it'd be too overwhelming. You'd probably book a very nice holiday somewhere, spend a few weeks or a month there, come back, buy a house, a few cars, invest in some things to keep earning and the usual stuff.

Then after all that you're still sat there thinking "what now?" You wont find contentedness with sipping cocktails on a yacht every day. You need something to be working towards constantly in life or you'll sink into depression. It's kinda like after you finish a project you've been working on for years, once its done you don't know what to do with yourself, it was keeping you busy and despite the frustrations you ran into, you enjoyed every minute of it.

If I were ever lucky enough to come into such amounts of money, I'd like to think I'd donate atleast half to charity, spend some on making my life comfortable and put the rest away in savings and live within my means.

• Like 2