Sign in to follow this  
zigozag

To people of Exodus

Hello People of Exodus! I am looking for a place for a reed farm, and @punishlife suggested me to settle near him. Although he probably wasn't aware of my appetites. So i used all my madskillz to put my plan on the picture. The area in question is a bay in e16 (ingame map). What is painted red is currently mostly water and I would like to take it. Highways would still reach water and the new coastline would have a paved roadway along the shore. Nothing is in concrete yet, i've come to ask your opinion. Would anybody object against a landscape change like this?

JgVna2Q.png

Edited by zigozag
  • Like 1

Not me, but my deed is very far to the south, so this is far away from my place. So you have my blessing. But pls wait for the locals to comment.

Always good if ppl decide to invest in Exodus.

• Like 1

As immediate neighbour i have to say i totally dont want this mess next to me ... think its fine.

• Like 3

I like that crazy big field screaming 'reed' in red.. but I shouldn't have any voice in here.. (just noticed the post in the newest topics)

• Like 1

There have been numerous deeds over the past year in the bay, the reed farm will make that area unappealing, but do what you want, its not deeded by anyone other than the exit for the new boat tunnel. Looks like a lot of work for some reeds, they have a use other than making pen's?

1 hour ago, JakeRivers said:

but do what you want, its not deeded by anyone

Fair enough, but i don't want to cause any distress.

About reed, well, it's used for papyrus :)

• Like 1

@zigozagI removed the buildings of highburn keep a few days ago, so you should be good to go. No objections from me.

• Like 1

I have a deed just north of that Mountain to the North.  I occasionally use the clay pit just to the West of your proposed reed farm.  As long as it's still accessible, I've got no issues with the proposal.  

o7

• Like 1

As a user that is thinking of returning to Exo and will not live anywhere near it.
I can say I don't want to see it built as it offends me.

• Like 3

I live just above your planned place. Just for sake of looks - it would probably be more natural looking if you made the buildings at the current eastcoast-side, not in middle of bay closing off the reed-fields-outlook (which still have a bit of a 'water-look' to them after all). And suggestion though certainly not a compelling one: why not keep a canal next to/along the current coasts (north and southside) so the ends of that can still hold a harbor near to the corners of the current E coast, for people around who are used to parking their boats at those current shorelines - after you are done as pictured, they would have to travel quite a bit further to get to usable water, especially from the E and NE sides. But in the end: your deed, your say - and just suggestions to take into your mind to look at. Have fun there - oh and if at all possible, please don't put workingplaces where player(s) stay around for hours on end against the current northcoast (the dragonmountain), any player there and my animals all bunch up in the opposite corner on my deed.... (if only that could finaly get fixed, I would feel a lot more welcoming to settlers around... so not your fault, but IF you could take that into consideration then appreciated!)

Edited by Kianga
  • Like 1

I was by there last night, it really does not affect anyone what he is doing, another active player for Exodus, +1

I didn't see the papermaker anywhere though, will keep my eyes out for him. ;)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kianga said:

I live just above your planned place. Just for sake of looks - it would probably be more natural looking if you made the buildings at the current eastcoast-side, not in middle of bay closing off the reed-fields-outlook (which still have a bit of a 'water-look' to them after all). And suggestion though certainly not a compelling one: why not keep a canal next to/along the current coasts (north and southside) so the ends of that can still hold a harbor near to the corners of the current E coast, for people around who are used to parking their boats at those current shorelines - after you are done as pictured, they would have to travel quite a bit further to get to usable water, especially from the E and NE sides. But in the end: your deed, your say - and just suggestions to take into your mind to look at. Have fun there - oh and if at all possible, please don't put workingplaces where player(s) stay around for hours on end against the current northcoast (the dragonmountain), any player there and my animals all bunch up in the opposite corner on my deed.... (if only that could finaly get fixed, I would feel a lot more welcoming to settlers around... so not your fault, but IF you could take that into consideration then appreciated!)

Too late now, the bay is a little smaller already ^_^  Why i wanted the field to be *behind* the buildings is because the sailable waters end where the land starts this way, not somewhere in the middle of the bay, since, to my dismay, it's impossible to sail or row across submerged fields.

There WILL be a canal, most likely through the center of the deed, with bridges across and pavement along it, leading to a bay behind the deed and fields, with potential to extend it anywhere further West or South if somebody wants to. But this will take time.

That being said, i don't enjoy the flat land plats and am looking forward to make something natural and nicely looking. Except the field itself, of course... it will have to stay flat. Too bad.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

I was by there last night, it really does not affect anyone what he is doing, another active player for Exodus, +1

I didn't see the papermaker anywhere though, will keep my eyes out for him. ;)

It effects anyone within a full 80 tiles of him, sadly (as for animals running away to opposite side) - thats a long way, FAR too long as to being realistic or acceptable (but thats the coding, not him - perhaps he could think of it when placing workshops though). On all other accounts sure, won't be any more impact then just looks at the most, so no biggy at all. And it's just a friendly request, so no need for your reaction denying what is fact - that it does have impact. I'll be sure to cheer the day that distance is brought back to something workable, like 10 tiles or so, and then I'll agree with your post. :) (Welcome to exo though of course Zigozag)

Edited by Kianga
  • Like 1

I will try to consider it, sure.

Although so far all the wolves, bears, trolls, spiders and hellhounds tend to come right towards me :lol: (jk, i know you mean neutrals)

Edited by zigozag

4 minutes ago, zigozag said:

I will try to consider it, sure.

Although so far all the wolves, bears, trolls, spiders and hellhounds tend to come right towards me :lol: (jk, i know you mean neutrals)

Haha the 'good' side of being without any deeds real close - at least it will fill your fsb nicely. ;)  And thanks for working with that given bad gametrait. :)

Well kianga build more pens for your animals and a tunnel down to a proper boat mine under your deed and you are set!

I have never noticed many boats other than abandoned ones or people who had the odd deed there parked over at that end of the bay, so I don't think it is really much of an area for parking boats. Nothing a road along the north coast wouldn't solve anyways.

I refuse to make a bio-farm because of bad coding - and the idea about keeping something of a harbour there was not on my account but for others, I have my ships elsewhere. Anyhow, Zigozag will keep it in mind so great. :)

Edited by Kianga

*Launches another wagon load of corpses at the reed field* i will dispel this intruder

• Like 3

Your mother was a hampster

Your father smells of elderberries

Zogo, make a border around the reed farm, multistory longhouses. Decorate it. Obstruct the view of it. Less people will mind.

Edited by Makarus
Excellsior!

On 16. 10. 2016 at 11:24 PM, zigozag said:

About reed, well, it's used for papyrus :)

that better not turn into some election propaganda...

It effects anyone within a full 80 tiles of him,

So deed it.
You have been here longer than me and still don't understand the most simplest concept of Wurm.
Deeding.
Stop being an ass.

Eh I had a big farm deed created north of me. I did a lot of work on cleaning up the previous deeds there but happy to see players using the land. The great thing about WO is you have to learn to live with people and maybe make treaties or even friends.

• Like 1

I apologize for my outburst, was having a bad day. What I said was uncalled for.
Regards.

• Like 1