Sign in to follow this  
Niki

Unfinished High Rope Fences Change

Sometimes I seriously question updates like this, the graphic wasn't changed but there positioning was. Please revert this, I cannot be the only person angry right now.

Before Pic:

dv9PtuQ.jpg

After Pic:

n7Ymb6n.jpg

Edited by Niki

It was changed because there were situations where the ends would be completely hidden by walls, making it difficult or impossible to continue them. Please at least ask around for the reasoning behind a change before making weird accusations.

10 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

It was changed because there were situations where the ends would be completely hidden by walls, making it difficult or impossible to continue them. Please at least ask around for the reasoning behind a change before making weird accusations.

Where did you get that information from?

I can confirm the problem, having lost incomplete rope fences in wooden arches.  While I admire your usage of the old graphics, I personally am happy that I can finally complete a few missing fences on my tower.

Just now, Pandalet said:

I can confirm the problem, having lost incomplete rope fences in wooden arches.  While I admire your usage of the old graphics, I personally am happy that I can finally complete a few missing fences on my tower.

Would be nice if an alternative could be used, regardless I don't remember seeing this change in the patch notes.

20 minutes ago, Niki said:

From me for example.

At least from the WU side, it was reported in WO previously too, so I have to say I am very grateful for this change, it saves my team a load of work.

Edited by Sklo:D

9 minutes ago, Sklo:D said:

From me for example.

At least from the WU side, it was reported in WO previously too, so I have to say I am very grateful for this change, it saves my team a load of work.

Well i reported this about 2 years ago, so it aint so previously.

It is a thing in the real world guys. Bug or not, I'd like it back in the game. Ports really need some improvement as they sort of suck in this game. Now even more so, I'm pretty upset by this.

dock_pilings-BIG.jpg

Or just read my suggestion about docks.

Edited by Niki

7 minutes ago, Niki said:

It is a thing in the real world guys. Bug or not, I'd like it back in the game.

dock_pilings-BIG.jpg

Or just read my suggestion about docks.

What you have linked are posts, not incomplete rope fences. Nice try tho.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jibberish said:

What you have linked are posts, not incomplete rope fences. Nice try tho.

Okay. 

• Like 1

Dang, if I had known what those unfinished fences looked like, I would of had them on my docks too, +1 for post decorations

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Dang, if I had known what those unfinished fences looked like, I would of had them on my docks too, +1 for post decorations

I know, it was clever.

4 hours ago, Niki said:

Patch notes. See above.

EDIT: That said, I do like the look of the old unfinished rope fences for docks, and it would be really neat if we could get those in a more official capacity.

Edited by Ostentatio

reality has no role in the discussion tbh, its not like wurm keep to realism ahem trolls ahem casting ahem dragons etc

I think there is more to this change. I notice other unfinished graphics have been changed as well to make them much less appealing in that state. One example that comes to mind are those explorer (and maybe other) tents. Now they are just a pile of a few odd looking pieces on the ground. No more using unfinished ones that have the same appearance of the finished. Devs don't like these types of shortcuts of unfinished appearance equal to finished, I am guessing.

=Ayes=

22 minutes ago, Ayes said:

I think there is more to this change. I notice other unfinished graphics have been changed as well to make them much less appealing in that state. One example that comes to mind are those explorer (and maybe other) tents. Now they are just a pile of a few odd looking pieces on the ground. No more using unfinished ones that have the same appearance of the finished. Devs don't like these types of shortcuts of unfinished appearance equal to finished, I am guessing.

=Ayes=

not true, but unfinished models are intended to be different to the finished models in most cases.

• Like 1

I wish I had known about that option for docks earlier. Hopefully something to do the same will be added to the game.

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

not true, but unfinished models are intended to be different to the finished models in most cases.

Speaking of unfinished models;

O5DOIxq.png

AYmaCkG.jpg?1

Compromise and let us use scissors on finished rope fences to create the old unfinished model and lock this thread?

17 hours ago, akaedis said:

Compromise and let us use scissors on finished rope fences to create the old unfinished model and lock this thread?

Just implement a new type of fence, using that same graphic unfinished rope fences had before, give them no-collision like low rope fences, and call it a day. Seems easy, I hope?

Of course, then this fence type would need an unfinished model...

Edited by Ostentatio
  • Like 1

Just use iron chain stone  and be happy... i use that for all harbors i made