Sign in to follow this  
Mortez

Split Option

Hey i have a idea about split option (I dont know if someone made a topic about same idea).

It will be nice to split a things, for exemple: drake hide or gland which weight 0,35kg and what to split it to 0,25.

How it will work ? Right click on item , click split and on screen will pop up a box , and box asks: "What weight do you want ?" or something a like. 

Sorry for my english.    -Mortez

• Like 1

Would be a bad idea for raw materials, since you could just split raw materials into very small pieces and use them to imp stuff.

Just now, Lothak said:

Would be a bad idea for raw materials, since you could just split raw materials into very small pieces and use them to imp stuff.

It's not like you can improve an anvil with 0.01 lump. Each item needs a different amount of lump to imp it, depending on the item weight and with maximum limit of 0.5kg iirc, so I don't think it would affect it

I'm not sure why you would want to split an item like that.  But just as an FYI.  Yes it will take a percent of the weight of the item to imp.  If you only have 0.01 though, you can imp an anvil or anything else that takes more.

46 minutes ago, Vomusu said:

It's not like you can improve an anvil with 0.01 lump. Each item needs a different amount of lump to imp it, depending on the item weight and with maximum limit of 0.5kg iirc, so I don't think it would affect it

You actually can... it takes 0.50kg iron per imp or anything below for large-anvils, 0.01 with the current system is perfectly fine..

56 minutes ago, Finnn said:

You actually can... it takes 0.50kg iron per imp or anything below for large-anvils, 0.01 with the current system is perfectly fine..

yup do this all the time with gold and silver things to imp them

10 hours ago, icbash said:

yup do this all the time with gold and silver things to imp them

Idea here is for something much more valuable to a lot more valuable.. than silver/gold... let me not mention the 2 words:ph34r:

13 hours ago, Finnn said:

Oh... Well I didn't know that. But it seems to me like it's an exploit more than an intended game mechanics.

Well come on now... OP could have used comic sans font.

• Like 1

Could be interesting if the split option broke it up into minimum unites (1kgs for most metal lumps, 20kgs for rocks, and so on)

• Like 1

Guys.  Guess I'm still missing something. 

Could be interesting if the split option broke it up into minimum unites (1kgs for most metal lumps, 20kgs for rocks, and so on)

This is what the BSB or crate would do.  Why do we need to add something new?

If there's nothing better to do with devtime (lol), it doesn't make a lot of sense that BSBs can split items like that but we can't (their combining certain items notwithstanding).

We currently can't reclaim excess metal from an enchanted lump without dispelling the enchantment, for example.

I can't think of much of a use for splitting items below their minimum weight, other than specifically to game the system in cases like how imping currently works.

Most things that only use fractions of items play well with oversized portions already, and if they don't, that's probably en edge case that needs to be reviewed anyway.

+1 to having the option of doing the split.volvo-split-hed-2013.jpg

Edited by Rathgar
forgot the image
  • Like 1