Sign in to follow this  
FranktheTank

Offline LAN Server closes on startup

Whenever I start an online LAN server or offline the command prompt goes through a few steps and closes immediately. I can try to provide any data that anyone needs to help me out, but it may be difficult due to the fast closing of the prompt.

Search the install folder for serverlog.0 or some thing like that.

Open in a notepad type program, it will have the java erros, post all of then not just the last one.

I would say your issue is most likely ip related if it crashes when you click the green "Start Server" button.

Make sure your external ip is the ip given by your router if you have one, else get the ip from http://whatsmyip.org, and the internal ip (Advanced Server Settings) is set to 127.0.0.1. Also make sure none of the ports are being used by any other application, you can change them to something else all together it wont affect anything.

Eerrmm no, external IP needs to be the IP address of your network card Not router.

You cant use the router IP because the server can not bind the IP address:port for its use.

12 minutes ago, ausimus said:

Make sure your external ip is the ip given by your router

not the ip of the router, but the one leased to you by it.

you did state it better than me guess i could have been more clear on my instructions.

• Like 1

Hi, Frankthetank,

Was this ever sorted out? If not, check your wurm.log.(#) files for errors and post them here, in a PM or email to vyolette@wurmonline.com. Thanks!

Happy gaming!

--Vyolette