Sign in to follow this  
Araninke

Hell Horses Not Able To Be Butchered

Not sure if this is the right spot or been reported already... but I've noticed just recently that Hell Horses can't be butchered. 

I have noticed the same thing. i tried to butcher one and not option for it.

On deed, off deed, with deed permissions, without deed permissions, with what tool, on pve, on pvp?

I have no issues on test or pve live with various tools.

4 hours ago, Alectrys said:

On deed, off deed, with deed permissions, without deed permissions, with what tool, on pve, on pvp?

I have no issues on test or pve live with various tools.

PvE, on or off deed with a butchering knife.

28 minutes ago, Araninke said:

PvE, on or off deed with a butchering knife.

I'm on Indy and can butcher a hell horse on or off deed with my butchering knife.  I can do it with the horse  in or out of my inventory and I tested named and wild hell horses.  

• Like 1

Did you get a corpse that something ate or was already butchered?  examine it

2 hours ago, MrGARY said:

Did you get a corpse that something ate or was already butchered?  examine it

No, it's happened several times now, some corpses freshly killed and definitely unbutchered. If that somehow is the issue then there is still a bug with butchered hell horses not showing as butchered...

Edited by Araninke

Please don't hate me for asking these questions, I'm just trying some problem solving.  :D

Have you tried to butcher with a shovel rather than a butchering Knife, or that being said any other sharp object?

Is this happening on Wurm online or Wurm unlimited?

If on Wurm online, what server, I'm happy to send one of me to your area to see if I can replicate the issue.  

Iirc I tried with a carving knife also to no avail. I'm on Xanadu, Wurm Online oc. Don't have any hellies that need killing/butchering at the moment unless there is a wild one in the area to experiment on.

I tried with a (bred) hellhorse, on deed, was able to butcher it using any blade, both in inventory or on ground.

Keep in mind the already butchered hell horses corpses do not have a butchered model, and will need to examine the body; if you use a cart/wagon pulled by hell horses, they will often "eat" corpses of animals you kill (should be an event message for that).

Spoiler

Using a shovel (also tried butchering knife, carving knife, leather knife, huge axe and 2handed sword)

3898e7e77e3cebd3c1ee0af13c6b5786.jpg