Sign in to follow this  
HughMongus

Furl Sails - Set Sails Ship-Boat speed control IS HERE - TY Dev's!!!

I've not even considered that graphics might be an issue. I honestly don't care. Ships can look like they have set sails all the time for all I care, but if I could park my boat in less than 20 minutes, that would be great.

+1

• Like 3

On 7/21/2019 at 4:56 PM, Xandaros said:

I've not even considered that graphics might be an issue. I honestly don't care. Ships can look like they have set sails all the time for all I care, but if I could park my boat in less than 20 minutes, that would be great.

+1

I whole heartedly agree with Xandaros.  Right now ships dock with the sails still down, so why can we have a speed switch so we can maneuver in a harbour.  According to friends who are programmers, it would be very easy to impliment.

Thanks for your support.

Kindest regards,

Hughmongus

• Like 1

On 8/6/2019 at 2:45 AM, Dufresne said:

+1

Thank you for your support Dufresne.  Eventually the Dev's may hear us and realize that folks want this improvement.

Kindest regards,

Hughmongus

Cartographer of Indy

+1 Maby add so when you go in your ship it will automatically  set sail and when you leave the ship it will automatically furl sail and add a option to furl sails when your in the ship, that way if you dont want to use it you dont have too.

Edited by Freddykrueger
  • Like 1

Make sails like saddles.

Open boat/ship , there is sail sections, put sail and it increases speed ( to normal one)

bonus speed for higher QL sails. Simple.

• Like 4

On 8/14/2019 at 11:11 AM, Freddykrueger said:

+1 Maby add so when you go in your ship it will automatically  set sail and when you leave the ship it will automatically furl sail and add a option to furl sails when your in the ship, that way if you dont want to use it you dont have too.

Thank you for your support Freddy.

Cheers! Hughmongus

On 8/14/2019 at 1:22 PM, Martynas5 said:

Make sails like saddles.

Open boat/ship , there is sail sections, put sail and it increases speed ( to normal one)

bonus speed for higher QL sails. Simple.

Now that is a Brillient idea.  Thank you for your support.

Cheers! Hughmongus

3 hours ago, nicedreams said:

Oh you tease with link.

Indeed!!  Dare we hope?  :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

No sea shanties here, but there is something coming very soon! 
That's right, the long wanted ability to furl sails and remove windspeed affecting the ships movement. This allows for better control when parking and also makes the docks a little nicer looking in my opinion!

Edited by Steveleeb
  • Like 3

On 11/7/2019 at 1:54 AM, Retrograde said:

.... Hughmongus sighs deeply and keels over in a dead faint.  😀

This is such good news mate.  You just made my Christmas a very happy one.  Been fighting to get this idea implemented since 2013-14 (and on this topic since 2016).

This means folks will be able to look forward to docking at New Festival Cove, Haven Market Docks, Freedom Harbour, Freedom Docks, Albia Marina and other fine port facilities at a leisurely pace, without fear of Ramming themselves into someone's living room or pet critter enclosure.

Thanks also to Steveleeb for the more detailed quote above.  Your support for this has been appreciated.

Warmest regards,

Hughmongus

Co-Leader - The Albia Consortium

Co-Creator-Administrator - The Albia Roads Maps of Indy

Gud'day Folks!   December 28th, 2019 at 13:34 GMT

It has been a long six years since I first made this suggestion back in 2013.

I want to say "Thank You" to all who supported this improvement in making water travel by boat or ship more realistic in Wurm.

I also wish to express my appreciation to the Dev's who went way beyond what was requested, in adding a greater touch of realism.

With the capability to vary a boat or ship's speed in steps, and also a slight delay timer changing between speed steps, Captaining a ship or boat is now much more realistic.

So we have achieved Mission Accomplished.  My thanks again to all who supported this improvement.

Forum Mod's, you can now Lock this topic.

Warmest regards,

Hughmongus

Co-Leader - The Albia Consortium

Co-Administrator - The Albia Roads Map of Indy

Edited by HughMongus
Spelling corection
  • Like 1