Sign in to follow this  
zigozag

No decay for RECIPES and inscribed papyrus

For reasons of leaving some legacy, keeping memories, and many others you can easily think of.

Also for RECIPES, please.

Edited by zigozag
  • Like 3

Without a doubt, a fine idea.:)

Edited by Goldgretel

A craftable means of preservation would be better, especially to allow the unwanted papyrus to decay.

Historical means afaik consisted of sealed earthenware jars, leather scroll-casings, etc.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

Some way to preserve them would be nice. Scroll cases maybe?

7 hours ago, Klaa said:

A craftable means of preservation would be better, especially to allow the unwanted papyrus to decay.

Historical means afaik consisted of sealed earthenware jars, leather scroll-casings, etc.

This is nice, as long as they can be read without the need to be resealed. I was thinking about waxing each papyrus itself.

Edited by zigozag

No need to remove a scroll from it's sealed case, just some extra flavor text when you read it.

Right Click Scroll Case > Menu > Read.
"You carefully pull out the well preserved scroll from it's case and begin reading."
<Insert the text to the Ballad of Zigozag, part 37 of 93, here>
"Finished, you return the scroll to it's case and reseal it."

The scroll is never actually removed, but we can pretend.

Edited by Darmalus
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Darmalus said:

No need to remove a scroll from it's sealed case, just some extra flavor text when you read it.

Right Click Scroll Case > Menu > Read.
"You carefully pull out the well preserved scroll from it's case and begin reading."
<Insert the text to the Ballad of Zigozag, part 37 of 93, here>
"Finished, you return the scroll to it's case and reseal it."

The scroll is never actually removed, but we can pretend.

The container and contents were swiftly burned and the ashes shifted.

Ashes separated and sealed into seven jars overlaid with protective runes and wards.

Each jar was taken by separate forces consisting of the most stalwart, bravest, and most cunning to be hidden and protected in various areas far outside the realm.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

Wurm already has bookshelves, they need to be made containers to store papyrus. :)

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Klaa said:

The container and contents were swiftly burned and the ashes shifted.

Ashes separated and sealed into seven jars overlaid with protective runes and wards.

Each jar was taken by separate forces consisting of the most stalwart, bravest, and most cunning to be hidden and protected in various areas far outside the realm.

Is this the fail chance message?

You try to read the papyrus, and fail.

1 hour ago, Makarus said:

Is this the fail chance message?

You try to read the papyrus, and fail.

Is this a wurm 'back to school' campaign?

You know the best way to store sheets of paper is by binding them in to books... Activate a needle on a stack of papyrus, add some string and leather.

• Like 2

I'm okay with them not having decay on deeds.

But in the wild they should decay like anything else.

Edited by Zekezor

+1 containers. I would like to use me bookshelves for to store mine literatures.

'Cuz obviously i needs me som lernin, how im sposed ta got it iffn mah letters done decayed. Ayup.

+1 Increased Wurm literacy.

I want to build a library, cc me all love papyruses.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Makarus said:

+1 containers. I would like to use me bookshelves for to store mine literatures.

'Cuz obviously i needs me som lernin, how im sposed ta got it iffn mah letters done decayed. Ayup.

+1 Increased Wurm literacy.

I want to build a library, cc me all love papyruses.

Book shelves??? Blasphemy! We have chests, large and small ones, and we can lock them:ph34r:, sold on merchants near your spawn town soon.. 1st book of Zigo, followed by the 2nd continuation of it - "the Zag"...; fishing guides, and the "tales of trolls", forum and forest ones..:rolleyes:.. the poor creatures awaiting ascension into.. yettis, and many other titles.. I guess :huh:

7 minutes ago, Finnn said:

Book shelves??? Blasphemy! We have chests, large and small ones, and we can lock them:ph34r:, sold on merchants near your spawn town soon.. 1st book of Zigo, followed by the 2nd continuation of it - "the Zag"...; fishing guides, and the "tales of trolls", forum and forest ones..:rolleyes:.. the poor creatures awaiting ascension into.. yettis, and many other titles.. I guess :huh:

I am out of likes. Wurmians have good ideas.

I always hoped that papyrus would lead to greater writing options >160characters.

Seriously how cool would it be to land on a game and discover a otherwise hidden world of lore and literature IN the game.

• Like 1

+1

And yeah, I thought we'd be able to store them in bookshelves once we got those and then it turned out they do nothing. Was a bit of a letdown.

+1 for little to no decay

+1 for a bookcase being a container that can hold only papyrus sheets and they reduce decay.

and if that doesn't work out, then add a masonry skill for a stone tablet that can be inscribed.  :D

• Like 3

If we get books and scrolls, I'd vote that either they fall under the decoration rule (no decay on deed) or bookshelves and scroll racks function as no-decay containers for them.

1 hour ago, Dorian said:

then add a masonry skill for a stone tablet that can be inscribed.  :D

Runestones.