Sign in to follow this  
Aaddil

Anyone Use the Creatures Mod Today?

I was wondering if anyone is using the creatures mod to this day? I had my friend install it on the server and things like zebra are starting to spawn but they look like white horses. Is there something I have to do to view them?

is it a dead project then and we should forget about it for now?

8 hours ago, Aaddil said:

is it a dead project then and we should forget about it for now?

Looks like it's mostly abandoned. I was just going through Ago's latest release of the mod (in May) trying to figure out how things worked. I'll experiment with it a bit and see if we can find a solution for the Zebra issue.

You need to have the server packs mod installed on the server and have it configured correctly so the server distributes the creatures model pack, otherwise clients connecting to the server will not see the correct models. e.g. zebras that are white and pandas that look look like cows.

Edited by ausimus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ausimus said:

You need to have the server packs mod installed on the server and have it configured correctly so the server distributes the creatures model pack, otherwise clients connecting to the server will not see the correct models. e.g. zebras that are white and pandas that look look like cows.

That makes sense. How does one go about configuring the creatures model pack for distribution?

The Pandas should default to bear skins. If their looking like cows that's a pretty funny bug.

Edited by Crowley

3 hours ago, ausimus said:

LOL Repeating Ausimus here. Sorry.

35 minutes ago, Audrel said:

LOL Repeating Ausimus here. Sorry.

No probs. Sometimes reading it it a different way helps. Finally got it to work. Just not sure WHY it works now :P. Thanks for the help. 

I believe the issue was that I needed to manually download and install both client and server serverpacks mods in order to get the serverpacks.properties file. I just did a clean install of the creatures mod on a fresh server and it worked on the first try. I didn't need to edit serverpacks.properties at all, nor was port forwarding required.

In total everything needed to get the creature mod working is:

client-modlauncher-0.4

creaturemod

server-modlauncher-0.20

serverpacks-0.20

serverpacks-client-0.4

With all of this properly installed everything should work. Zebras will have stripes and Pandas will stop being cows :D 

Spoiler

x1lUcgG.jpg