Sign in to follow this  
Mavv

Disbanding and paved tiles

We have all seen the ugly disbanded deeds littered around all the islands. Usually everything rots or gets salvaged but what remains after all the other stuff is gone is large patches of pavement.

My idea is that when a deed disbands, all the paved areas that used to be in that deed revert back to dirt. This would allow nature to at least clean up the paved areas while everything else stays the same.

Now I know a few players will say that it is the players responsibility to clean up after other players. But honestly it is a lot of work and effort to do.

Mavv

• Like 2

Imagine this wouldn't be possible due to the cries of highways and I use that road one a year arguments.

Too bad roads didn't go away if not walked on in X amount of time. I thought is was part of the old code but I'm unsure if it actually worked or was just in the description long ago.

I'm all for pavement decay after a deed drops with the exception of cobblestone.

I think it stays because of roads, and gms don't want to manually protect highway tiles so it is what it is currently. I hate cobblestone tiles everywhere myself wish we could have them fade though.

Afaik, it is only the cobblestone that don't decay.

There're slab highways and 1-tile roads that are widely used despite not having highway protection. Not worth the effort due to complexity, probably.

Paving decays if not used, if you don't like it rip it up, this is called a sandbox.

• Like 2

Seen deeds to disband and be deeded up in minutes to hours by the same people.. imagine their frustration if they also had to pave their deed if they forget about the mo/tax:rolleyes:

14 hours ago, Mavv said:

Now I know a few players will say that it is the players responsibility to clean up after other players. But honestly it is a lot of work and effort to do.

Right. I stated this recently in another post where I have but just last week removed a lot of paved tiles left remaining from some deed disbands within my local area. Done this for years just because I don't like the look of it all, as well as the fact that it prevents new trees from sprouting to replenish the area. Of course if you also want take the additional time to replant those areas with sprouts you would need to remove the pavement as well.

I really don't look at it as "cleaning up after other players" though but rather improving the area with more forests. In a way it's symbolic of removing the traces of other players too. Then if others never knew they were there they never would. Purify the lands! Let the forests rule the abandoned places! The shovel is mightier than the sword!

=Ayes=

8 hours ago, Finnn said:

Seen deeds to disband and be deeded up in minutes to hours by the same people.. imagine their frustration if they also had to pave their deed if they forget about the mo/tax:rolleyes:

A possible solution to this problem, and to some other concerns mentioned, is to simply make it optional when disbanding.

The option to destroy all buildings and fences might be viable as well.

• Like 1

The option to plant grass/flowers/thatch/sprouts directly onto roads that have not been walked on for some time might be a nice middle ground.

Makes it easier for folks wanting to reclaim the land but doesn't force an extra chore on anyone.