Sign in to follow this  
Daash

Deliverance Community Map [Discontinued]

We need a list of deeds beginning with a B - the list of deeds under section 'B' currently all begin with a C.

Hello,

can you please add Port Black to the deli map along the southern coast?  i also included a tar icon, on the end of the pier structure near the deed

thanks!

port_black.jpg

Daash?

Are you still alive? ;)

(Last map update in January, if I read that correctly.)

Teasing aside, I will go on a scouting mission soon and plan to make a long list of new and disbanded deeds for the next map update.

• Like 1

I need to inform that my deed Safe Haven Harbor disbanded quite a while ago(i went on hiatius....for 2years). the owner of Safe Haven moved as well.

Very sad and that rare tower is so lonely there now :(

Is this community map dead?

7pYdcUG.png

Maybe Daash can give us some more information...

I think its time someone else takes over the map

Hello Deli!

I'd be happy to set up an interactive Deli map on wurmonlinemaps.com.  Basically I take the map dumps, tile them and code up a sweet map via Open Layers.

On top of the map tile layers are various vector layers. For Xanadu: Starter Deeds, Deeds, Canals/Tunnels, Bridges.. Also beta testing a "landmark" layer, with Guard Towers and labels for Bodies of Water.

The Xanadu data is stored on a Google Sheets spreadsheet, which makes community map management easy, share-able, instantly updated. I would set up the spreadsheet, and someone awesome from Deli (with a google account) would get perms and make the updates.

I realize this is very different from the map experience that you have at the moment. It can get better! Check out the Xanadu map:  http://wurmonlinemaps.com/xanadu

Someone give my a PM if there's interest.

Best,

Jackjones

• Like 3

5 hours ago, jackjones said:

Someone give my a PM if there's interest

Sending... :)

America at B 20.5 disbanded a few years ago.

FYI: As this map has not been updated since February, jackjones and myself are currently working on a new and better web-based map solution. A functional alpha version has already been created, so we hope to be able to introduce the new community map before long.

Please stand by!

Teaser:

bPhoXRS.png

• Like 5

Awesome to get this all more streamlined between servers!

Great work you guys.

• Like 1

Teaser No. 2: Adding highways (this is the tedious part!)

u3p0kCb.png

• Like 4

I can see 5 of my deeds on Yagas last picture :)

Teaser No. 3: Highways done, adding tunnels, canals and bridges

v1jht7Y.png

• Like 3

The making of our new map is drawing to a close. We expect it to be released early next week (keep your fingers crossed).

Here is a sneak peek at some of the amazing new features:

1. Map coordinates

The map will offer a common type of map grid (as an optional overlay), using the same denotation as the in-game map (for example "E-24").

vHtfO5V.png

However, to place and find locations in a much more detailed way the new map will be based on "tile coordinates" (x, y), making it possible to narrow down locations to a single tile on the server!

This will allow us to place deeds and landmarks much more precisely than before.

Q8PsHaj.png

2. Zoom

The map will allow various zoom levels, allowing to zoom in from a view of the entire server to close-ups of single deeds.

k01BDJW.png  ...  EiEbIKK.png

3. Overlays

Deeds, Canals, Bridges etc. are actually map overlays which can be toggled on and off. You can also choose among various map types (Terrain, Topographical, Isometric).

Gm0FJmg.png

4. Finding settlements

The map will offer an easy-to-use search function for deeds.

vrqznIv.png

5. Your own markers

You will be able to draw lines, polygons, circles... on the map, in order to create your own map markers. You can then take a screenshot of the area to mark special locations for your friends.

Ax28340.png

• Like 9

Lovely.  Hope can be something for all server maps.  Lots of great features.

• Like 1

The map will offer a common type of map grid (as an optional overlay), using the same denotation as the in-game map (for example "E-24").

Yaga be praised!

• Like 1

About the image of Moss: As you all can see I still have some tiny bits left to convert back to Moss, after a previous owner of Hexd turned it into a forest.

5 hours ago, Muse said:

Yaga be praised!

Actually this was jackjones's idea! ;)

(He is the brain behind  wurmonlinemaps.com and the genius doing all the awesome web programming.) Without him this great new map project wouldn't exist. So: let's praise him instead! :)

• Like 2

Amazing work guys, I can't wait to see the final product. 

All the data present in the previous map have now been added: 160 settlements as well as highways, canals, tunnels, bridges and clay spots (tar spots still missing).

We are now waiting for a few minor changes to be made by our web programmer, jackjones, before the new map can go online - probably within the next few days.

• Like 2