Sign in to follow this  
Daash

Deliverance Community Map [Discontinued]

2 hours ago, Yaga said:

An isometric map is totally useless as a community map, because it would be hard to place settlements and roads correctly. For example: a straight road would have to be drawn as a bumpy curved line if it goes over mountains, distances cannot be measured properly on an isometric map, mountains hide parts of the map. etc... etc...

it's the contours and the gridlines, they make it pretty hard to read the roads. 
it kinda turns everything into a squiggly mess.
I understand what you're saying about the road plotting and i accept the majority rule. 
I can't think of a solution to please other than maybe remove the gridlines.
however Daash is making one of each so it's all good. 

Edited by Steveleeb

Heh, the flat/topographical map is the first time we actually have some mapping accuracy on a large scale (yaga map is the perfect example of what you want to achieve).

Grid lines are needed if you want people to use the map properly (ie, say where they are instead of just "on the map somewhere north of GD")

One improvement could be the major highways drawn over the current paved tiles... with the issue of what is a major highway nowadays.

• Like 2

Misty Moon Terrace name changed to "Summer Lakes Harbor" I own the deed as well now. 

• Like 2

I dont play wurm anymore so this was the time i saw the flat maps it looks just terrible,acurate or not.im not saying you should change it dont come on Yaga dont go so far as to say that the comunity maps the way they worked forever until this new flat maps were created was "totally useless" because it worked perfectly fine for many years.

6 hours ago, Tpikol said:

I dont play wurm anymore so this was the time i saw the flat maps it looks just terrible,acurate or not.im not saying you should change it dont come on Yaga dont go so far as to say that the comunity maps the way they worked forever until this new flat maps were created was "totally useless" because it worked perfectly fine for many years.

You are right, "totally useless" was bad wording :)

You CAN use isometric maps, of course, but they are far from being optimal. In fact I never liked them as (while being "pretty") they are highly inaccurate when it comes to coordinates, distances and locations. Remember? Years ago, when the servers were young, we actually started out with self-drawn flat maps! Topographical maps are just optimal (just have a look at this example:  http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/54656-detailed-map-of-the-serendipity-bay-area/). But you are right: the current map may deserve some visual changes.

• Like 1

Cherokee Nation 

Edited by Kialexia
I been given too many locations for us so no Idea

Hey Daash!

I don't mean to be a bother, but I was just wondering about the status of the updates? I see there was one on Jan. 31 but a few deeds are missing including mine. I don't mean to rush you or anything, I'm just making sure you didn't forget about us :)

I hope your greenhouse is turning out/turned out well!

Thanks!

well, map moderator state :  Latest update: 2017-01-31 18:35 , but i still do not see my deed on map. Why?

On 24/01/2017 at 2:39 PM, DelightfulDee said:

Black Sleeping Dragon. R8

it is at the top flat area of the mountain . thanks

i did say it right. but it is in the wrong spot  T8??

R8 please

On 2/9/2017 at 7:28 PM, Mattwx said:

Hey Daash!

I don't mean to be a bother, but I was just wondering about the status of the updates? I see there was one on Jan. 31 but a few deeds are missing including mine. I don't mean to rush you or anything, I'm just making sure you didn't forget about us :)

I hope your greenhouse is turning out/turned out well!

Thanks!

Have you reported these deeds ? If so repost them and ill add them asap.

On 12/30/2016 at 5:56 AM, MarkSilard said:

Since I'm back in game after few months resting, you can add my deed Endimion near Green Dog : psHRZlw.jpg

I don't know what is wrong with my picture in my post , you made this:

h6YiYaf.jpg?1

Anyone can see a difference ?

Hiya, 

Can you change Timber Creek at v5 to Blackbeard's Bounty. I deeded over it recently. Thank you :)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Valkeryies said:

Please add "Alexandria" to the Del map at X33Y22.  Thanks

Coords on them map please... 

I posted  on Dec 26th, page 2 of this posting, please update the map with the list i posted there. have been trying for a year or more to fix the tunnel maps have never been able to get someone to update them properly. Thx )

purple tunnel needs to move a bit more south, you can see the entrance on the west side :-)

On 1/2/2017 at 9:57 PM, Mattwx said:

My deed "Elsinore" is at the very northwest corner of I-21. Same grid as Eldorado. 

Thank you kindly!

Thanks for your work on this map!

• Like 1

On behalf of Fablecrafter.
please add Fable's Smithworks to W9 (see spoler)

Spoiler

w2rzgVp.jpg

Thank you Daash

edit - job done, lovely ty

Edited by Steveleeb

Green Tunnel and PP Tunnel are somewhat displaced. Please remove the current (red) lines and replace them by new lines, shown in purple in this image:

D3qi1sp.png

Saw the updated map. Thanks, Daash - you're close :D

PP tunnel is still misplaced. See my last post.

Edited by Yaga

On 2/17/2017 at 11:07 AM, Daash said:

Coords on them map please... 

Hiya Daash, Alexandria is on in game map at J20-ish, or X33Y22 on Cummunity Map.  Right side of the road.  Also the road will be getting the name: "Tendra Lane".  Thanks

Wonderland is missing at P/Q 12/13 map line junction.

Please Replace name "Astoria Basin" with "Astoria" on G12 on the map. Thanks!