Sign in to follow this  
Banzai

Remove Gender Specific Karma Spells Poll (Serious)

Remove gender specific karma spells  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Remove gender specific spells?

• Yes (use the female version of the spell)
    • Yes (use the male version of the spell)
    • No (keep as is)
    • Allow person to choose when using the tome.
    • Balance the spells so the female and male versions are both viable (spells are still gender specific)

Some sorcery tomes (valeri tomes) have different karma spells for male and female characters. The most controversial one is the Blood of Angels. It gives male toons Continuum (20%) damage reduction and it gives female toons Mirrored Self (A spell that makes 3 illusions). Continuum is a million times better than Mirrored Self and giving female toons a disadvantage is IMO really, really messed up. 

People who've made female toons will feel cheated and people will only make male toons when they learn of this disadvantage.

I personally feel like this is ridiculous. I was made aware of this when Smejack posted about it and heard again today that it wasn't fixed. People should not be put at a disadvantage for using, in this case (Blood of Angels), a female toon.

Edited by Banzai
Moderation edit
  • Like 1

Greetings my Lady...

I understand what you are saying and yes, i would say give both male and female the same spell from this tome....  But how about the Dev's do that and still keep this other spell as well ?... i would like to see the spell "Mirrored Self" still in the game and maybe added to a new tome. Or as you say let players (Male or Female) pick the spell they want.

Just so we don't loose that spell as well because some players may like it.

But yes if a male only spell from the same tome is unbalanced when put side by side with the female one....yes this should be changed.

Just now, Garit said:

Greetings my Lady...

I understand what you are saying and yes, i would say give both male and female the same spell from this tome....  But how about the Dev's do that and still keep this other spell as well ?... i would like to see the spell "Mirrored Self" still in the game and maybe added to a new tome. Or as you say let players (Male or Female) pick the spell they want.

Just so we don't loose that spell as well because some players may like it.

But yes if a male only spell from the same tome is unbalanced when put side by side with the female one....yes this should be changed.

Thanks for the input. 

BTW, I'm a dude. lol. 

I feel like the difference coukd still be there. Perhaps in a more balanced way. If a balanced solution cant be made, then I think it would be best to change it so that all are the same.

3 hours ago, Redd said:

I feel like the difference coukd still be there. Perhaps in a more balanced way. If a balanced solution cant be made, then I think it would be best to change it so that all are the same.

yeah but some are just blatantly unbalanced

like why would you ever use a blood of the angels on a female character, youd just be shooting yourself in the foot and wasting like 200euro

I personally think that they should make the split ones, like mirrored self, forecast, summon wraith into new tomes and add them into the drop mix, and then keep the current ones with their male only features. (so all BOA holders would have Continuum, instead of the other.)

Edited by Propheteer

47 minutes ago, Redd said:

i'm cool with minor differences such as fire wall and ice wall, those are pretty neat

it should be kept minimal though so people don't feel like they get screwed over because of the gender they picked

• Like 1

one tome - one spell - get the different ones on others tomes and ffs, fix the drop rate on freedom.

Why isnt this a thing already - see Smes thread

its been up since May last year, should have implemented some change for this by now but we all know the snails pace changes come in at.........

Wow. Yeah really. Especially considering the retarded prices tomes go for.

I went with the choice option since it leaves the freedom of self determination, Wurms strongest feature.

• Like 1

bump. 

vote so we can present the information to the devs!

The poll doesn't represent any options which I agree with, I believe balancing would be the better option rather than scrapping it entirely, or not at all.

10 hours ago, Redd said:

The poll doesn't represent any options which I agree with, I believe balancing would be the better option rather than scrapping it entirely, or not at all.

added an option which suits your position.